Author Topic: Not looking to start a riot  (Read 30499 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: Not looking to start a riot
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »
I'd love to be down.......
I'm down with the sickness....
.....Down with the clown......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
It is posted, and so it is! We'll work out the semantics of Pick up's down the road... I have an 8x4' trailer that can fit 3-4 scoots, and I'm working on renting a big dual cabin duuley. So we can pick up three peops. besides me and Carl (the driver).
http://www.mapquest.com/directions
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2012, 11:08:33 PM »
Damn that link didn't work. I figure 6hrs each way
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
..carl aint bringin a lawnmower blade... huh??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2012, 03:41:07 AM »
Ah! Carl... Gottcha!. I just finished Dl'ing Swing Blade. You reminded me what a good movie it is.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »

Odd thing is that in 1800 it was modern times then too, so you can't look at it as if it were a poor time for thinking. Some of the greatest minds came out of the 1800's.

Ask yourself one question, why was everyone so against homosexuals getting married?

Marrige was intended so that heterosexuals would precreate and raise a family to increase the population and homosexuals with unnatural sex acts cannot do that.

If you want to give homosexuals a contract fine but to me "marrige" is something special that hetero sexuals have between themselves. Let homosexuals come up with something of their own. Same rights as heterosexuals but not called marrige.

Actually marriage was not solely created for procreation. Procreation could take place without marriage. It was a way to tell society that you have a mate and that therefore it was acceptable to have sex with them (as often as you'd like) without having a woman branded as a prostitute, or essentially as 'loose'. It also meant that the parents would take responsibility for the off-spring's upbringing, who would in turn care for their elders.

It was also a safety net for women. If a woman was unmarried she did not have anyone to protect her from other men (other than her family). Depending on how far back one goes in history women did not have many rights or opportunities to work, own property and make money. Often men and women did not marry for love, but as a mutual partnership. The man provided a home, shelter and protection. A woman cared for the home, made the meals, and yes, sex was a great benefit too.

As society progressed marriage was recognized as both a legal and a religious entity. However, history has also shown that men often took on several wives both in Eastern and Western cultures. Evidence of this can be found in the bible (Old testament), and the Mormon religion did once allow polygamy. To say that marriage was created to be between a man and a woman is far from the truth. Marriage as a tradition has been greatly changed and amended over the centuries. Look at the Church of England's break from the Roman Catholic Church that brought on the age of Reformation.  The ability to divorce was at the center of that conflict (among others).

I believe people are against gay marriage not because they believe that the 'Word' marriage should be only reserved for a legal/religious ceremony between a man and a woman. I think it's because they are against the ideas of gays or lesbians being accepted in society, to be treated normally with the same rights and privileges as everyone else. For someone who is religious this also serves as a threat to the infallible credibility of the bible (or other religious source) much like the Theory of Evolution is thought to do, or the revelation that the Earth is not flat, the sun does not revolve around the earth, or that our world is over 4 billion years old. Some people have a hard time accepting that.

Years ago I don't think anyone saw this issue coming, and it seems many people have been knocked off balance by the idea. From the beginning of mankind homosexuality has existed. In most cultures it has been on the fringes of society, with gays and lesbians marginalized to even their demise sought (the Holocaust). However, if you look past whatever preconceived notion or unchallenged assumption one has about gays and lesbians you find they are, at the heart of things. just people, fighting to be treated fair and equally.

Their struggle is no different than those of woman and minorities for most of the 20th Century. To grant them the same rights as married couples but to call it something else is to treat them as 2nd class citizens. It would be apartheid on the grounds of marriage rather than race.

-Wolf

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »
Something 10% of the population takes part in is not "normal".

And you have yet to show me where homosexuals ever got "married" in the past.

This subject goes very deep, the US has been watered down greatly over the past several decades. We lower our standards to get accepted into college and med school, we lower the test score needed to become a sgt. or other "rank" on our police force and fire dept's., everyone gets a trophy and everything is wonderful.

We have stopped striving for excellence, our test scores are an abomination when compared with other world class countries and it was all by design. The drug culture that was ushered in during the 60's and 70's, feminism of the 70's helped break down the family unit (I'm not against women's rights), allowing subpar members of society to gain lic. as doctors, capt's on police forces ect only contributes to the eroding society we have, adding homosexual behavior to that list only drives us down another notch.

This post will provoke some comebacks in this forum I’m sure, don’t take offense and have an open mind.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2012, 01:59:25 AM »

I think Pareto would say 20%   ;)

America has a big mix of cultures and even subcultures and discussions like these may take a looong time. What will be the outcome? I don't know!  They now allow "transexuals" to join the Ms. Universe contest because the definition of "woman" or "female" in their rules are not clearly elborated.

By the way...why do they call it Ms. Universe when the planet earth is the only participant??? ::) ::)

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2012, 02:15:39 AM »

This subject goes very deep, the US has been watered down greatly over the past several decades. We lower our standards to get accepted into college and med school, we lower the test score needed to become a sgt. or other "rank" on our police force and fire dept's., everyone gets a trophy and everything is wonderful.

We have stopped striving for excellence, our test scores are an abomination when compared with other world class countries and it was all by design. The drug culture that was ushered in during the 60's and 70's, feminism of the 70's helped break down the family unit (I'm not against women's rights), allowing subpar members of society to gain lic. as doctors, capt's on police forces ect only contributes to the eroding society we have, adding homosexual behavior to that list only drives us down another notch.

This post will provoke some comebacks in this forum I’m sure, don’t take offense and have an open mind.

I will agree to disagree with you, but will say this: Your opinion of calling homosexuals second classes citizens is based in fear and dislike. If marriage was SO sacred, why do people seem so likely to be divorced at least once? This argument is something that people grasp on to in an attempt to justify their distaste or even hatred for another human being that just doesn't fit their opinion of "first class citizen."
And in today's society - and with all of the worlds REAL problems - those that harbor this opinion are pathetic and out of date.
I love all people, even your so called second class citizens. I only choose not to like a SINGLE PERSON if they did me wrong; not a group of people because of my misconception/misunderstandings of their lifestyle.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2012, 02:18:23 AM »

Actually marriage was not solely created for procreation. Procreation could take place without marriage. It was a way to tell society that you have a mate and that therefore it was acceptable to have sex with them (as often as you'd like) without having a woman branded as a prostitute, or essentially as 'loose'. It also meant that the parents would take responsibility for the off-spring's upbringing, who would in turn care for their elders.

It was also a safety net for women. If a woman was unmarried she did not have anyone to protect her from other men (other than her family). Depending on how far back one goes in history women did not have many rights or opportunities to work, own property and make money. Often men and women did not marry for love, but as a mutual partnership. The man provided a home, shelter and protection. A woman cared for the home, made the meals, and yes, sex was a great benefit too.

As society progressed marriage was recognized as both a legal and a religious entity. However, history has also shown that men often took on several wives both in Eastern and Western cultures. Evidence of this can be found in the bible (Old testament), and the Mormon religion did once allow polygamy. To say that marriage was created to be between a man and a woman is far from the truth. Marriage as a tradition has been greatly changed and amended over the centuries. Look at the Church of England's break from the Roman Catholic Church that brought on the age of Reformation.  The ability to divorce was at the center of that conflict (among others).

I believe people are against gay marriage not because they believe that the 'Word' marriage should be only reserved for a legal/religious ceremony between a man and a woman. I think it's because they are against the ideas of gays or lesbians being accepted in society, to be treated normally with the same rights and privileges as everyone else. For someone who is religious this also serves as a threat to the infallible credibility of the bible (or other religious source) much like the Theory of Evolution is thought to do, or the revelation that the Earth is not flat, the sun does not revolve around the earth, or that our world is over 4 billion years old. Some people have a hard time accepting that.

Years ago I don't think anyone saw this issue coming, and it seems many people have been knocked off balance by the idea. From the beginning of mankind homosexuality has existed. In most cultures it has been on the fringes of society, with gays and lesbians marginalized to even their demise sought (the Holocaust). However, if you look past whatever preconceived notion or unchallenged assumption one has about gays and lesbians you find they are, at the heart of things. just people, fighting to be treated fair and equally.

Their struggle is no different than those of woman and minorities for most of the 20th Century. To grant them the same rights as married couples but to call it something else is to treat them as 2nd class citizens. It would be apartheid on the grounds of marriage rather than race.

-Wolf

Well said!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2012, 02:37:18 AM »
I now pronounce you man and man.

You may kiss the homo.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2012, 03:23:14 AM »
Damn... This is gonna start a fist fight. It's easy to see the root of the entire discussion. We are what we learn. The more we learn the more we are.
We stand... Both of us knowing... Love is a Battlefield!

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2012, 04:23:35 AM »

I never said that gays were married in the past. My point was that the tradition of what marriage is has been changing throughout history and the case that it is only about one man being married to one woman is weak. What is being attempted today is to all gays and lesbians to be to equal rights and allowed and recognized as legal married couples.

I'm not sure where you are getting this 'stop striving for excellence' idea from. Are you saying their's a conspiracy to take down the US by lowering test scores since it's all by design -- your words. How did feminism help break down the family unit? -- and what is the definition of a family unit? Dad works, mom's place is in the kitchen, Biff is on the football team, and Muffy is a cheerleader? And why do you consider homosexual behavior to be adding to the downfall of society? Are you saying heterosexual rape, prostitution, spouse and family abuse don't count?

Are you saying homosexuality is amoral, then why? Are you saying homosexuality is a choice? If that were true why would someone choose to do something that could have such negative consequences on them.

If you believe that 10% of something the country participates in is abnormal than do you feel the same about interracial couples -- about 3% of the population? If so, do you consider my wife and I abnormal?

-Wolf

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2012, 04:25:09 AM »
I now pronounce you man and man.

You may kiss the homo.

Ladies and gentlemen -- the forum bigot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2012, 04:35:01 AM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()