Author Topic: Not looking to start a riot  (Read 30506 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Not looking to start a riot
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:01 AM »
I now pronounce you man and man.

You may kiss the homo.

Homo-sapien?

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2012, 05:41:21 AM »
Should homosexuals be allowed to Marry in the traditional sense, have leagl union of some sort or no option like that at all?

It's a big time debate here in the States these days, how about where you are?

I'm quite lost, I had to go back to the original question.

080 says it's a big time debate in the States and is asking how about where we are?

Well, my personal answer to this is, yes, it's allowed where I am. My personal opinion to this is best kept within myself.   Guess that settles that!   

The big question now in our country is if DIVORCE be allowed because I live in a country where there's no divorce.  Hmmm... different country, different rules.... 

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2012, 07:59:56 AM »
Quote from 08087
and have an open mind.

Hmmm, really? Sounds like you closed your mind to anyone who lives life differently to how you live?

I got no problem with anyone marrying anyone. Marriage and civil partnership are the same thing in all but name, so if you want to argue over a word thats just crazy. Luckily we are pretty secular here and religion plays only a minor role in peoples lives, if any. That is what this is all about afterall, religion and religious teaching which is stuck in the past and refuses to modernise, kinda like a dinosaur i suspect it will eventually die off, if not in my lifetime then definately in my childrens.

As for society standards dropping thats down to the capitalist mindset we have, money and the making if it are now more important to most people than anything else. Principles, morals, standards and humanity all go out the window for too many people if a quick buck can be made.

Try tell my wife she should not have her own career and is expected to stay at home playing housewife, i wouldnt!

Times are changing so either get on the bus and come along, or sit in the bus station waiting for the bus that wont allow gays, unaccompanied females, non-christians or minorities aboard,  you may have a long wait tho for that one, i think they stopped running that in the 60's thankfully.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2012, 08:27:59 AM »
Try tell my wife she should not have her own career and is expected to stay at home playing housewife, i wouldnt!

If I had to choose, I would rather stay home and cook while my wife is working. I'll bring my daughter to school, clean my scooter, cook again, watch tv, clean the aquarium, cook again....

Very different from what the neanderthals did before... ;D

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2012, 01:20:12 PM »
One thing that strikes me is that it is the conservatives, those who think government should be small and interfere as little as possible in citizen's lives, those who scream "freedom" and "liberty" so much that the words have lost their meaning, who want to deny rights to people. 

Mark and Brian (local d.j.'s) put it well when we had the whole prop 8 debates here in California.  Thowe who support the right to same sex marriage are either gay or lesbian or they are confident in their sexuality.  Those who oppose same sex marriage are bigots.

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »
One thing that strikes me is that it is the conservatives, those who think government should be small and interfere as little as possible in citizen's lives, those who scream "freedom" and "liberty" so much that the words have lost their meaning, who want to deny rights to people. 

Mark and Brian (local d.j.'s) put it well when we had the whole prop 8 debates here in California.  Thowe who support the right to same sex marriage are either gay or lesbian or they are confident in their sexuality.  Those who oppose same sex marriage are bigots.

My thoughts exactly on how politics influencing the equal rights of gays and lesbians. I just didn't want to start a whole political debate; but I guess it is very much so.
My thoughts on the politics that run this pro- or anti- gay marriage stance: If you follow your political party's agenda and opinion without your own free thought, you are no better than the cattle being pushed through the corral heading towards slaughter.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »
 Those who oppose same sex marriage are bigots.

Or closet Homosexuals themselves, look at how many preach anti-homosexuality is the devils work etc then get caught with a male prostitute or lover later. I could name some but you know who they are, if not google it. Then they turn up weeks later all teary eyed and blaming everyone but themselves, normally some non-existant devil or other. Im sorry, but it just annoys me, these fools are living in the past, in an age before internal combustion engines, the discovery of evolution, or even that our earth is round and not flat. Do we go back to that and not drive? Jesus didnt drive? Not to bash religion but it is sooooo two-faced and full of contradictions. Believe what you want, behave as you want, as long as it harms no-one but yourself i have no problem with whatever you choose to do with your life, thats my view on belief. Its when religion wants to dictate and it starts to encroach on non-believers or folk of the "wrong" beliefs  lives that it causes problems.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Steve85

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »
I clicked on this thread and laughed when I read the topic. I am 27 and my wife and I just got in an arguement with my dad over the same topic a day or two ago. Who the hell cares!
My dad says something is wrong with them and uses the bible to argue it.
I told him it also says in the bible not to judge others.and also told him that straight people give birth to homosexuals so something must be wrong with the straight people too. Needless to say he went silent then got angry cause he couldn't argue it.
"lets meet at the gas pumps and see who laughs then"

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2012, 10:49:01 PM »
I really see two distinct "types" of gay people. There are those that are born Trans Gender, (born with the body of A, and the physiology of B) and those that choose to be gay. For the first group I truly empathize with the dilemma they have been dealt. For the second group I have no love/pity/empathy. Those that choose a life style, and complain about it can go suck a log.
That being said... If you are in the first group, and "gay" is the word to describe your life then I support the marriage. If you are a flamer that just likes preening, and drama... suck the afore said log. Marriage is not for you. It is for people that know who/what they are.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2012, 01:36:12 AM »
go suck a log

..lmmfao!!!

..aint that what this thread is all about??

:P
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2012, 01:42:02 AM »
Pun Intended! I was trying to be polite.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2012, 01:42:46 AM »
..we quit that on the other thread...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2012, 01:53:42 AM »
I really see two distinct "types" of gay people. There are those that are born Trans Gender, (born with the body of A, and the physiology of B) and those that choose to be gay. For the first group I truly empathize with the dilemma they have been dealt. For the second group I have no love/pity/empathy. Those that choose a life style, and complain about it can go suck a log.
That being said... If you are in the first group, and "gay" is the word to describe your life then I support the marriage. If you are a flamer that just likes preening, and drama... suck the afore said log. Marriage is not for you. It is for people that know who/what they are.

I'm sorry, but you really think people choose to be gay? That of all of the things a person can choose to do, they would pick the one thing that would make them a social outcast and a target of ridicule (much like you expressed) and violence? Doesn't make any sense. Your description of a gay person as a flamer/drama queen sounds like a stereotype. What is this based off of? How many gay people do you actually know and have you expressed this idea with them?  

Are you also saying that heterosexuality is a life-style choice as well? If so does that mean that you could choice to be gay if you one day got bored of women?

-Wolf

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:29 AM »
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

It's not normal.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2012, 02:58:57 AM »
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

It's not normal.

???

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()