Author Topic: Not looking to start a riot  (Read 30524 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Not looking to start a riot
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2012, 03:39:20 AM »
Really, if your daughter makes a mistake and does bow to pressure and have sex, wouldn't you want a concom to be available?

Yes, absolutely, but I want her to buy them and not issued by the government. The main issue in this thread is the government's or schools' distribution of free condoms, which, makes it seem that these entities encourage pre marital sex. If a private entity of person give away free condoms, let it be. He has his personal reasons, but for a government? there's a hidden agenda somewhere. I would suggest free books, pens, or food.

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2012, 04:00:11 AM »
Yes, there is a horrible hidden agenda!  God forbid, our government is trying to reduce teen pregnancy and the spread of s.t.d.'s.  How dare they!

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:12 AM »
Here's the deal, you educate your daughter or son about sex and what actions and reactions are bound to take place if certain actions (condoms) aren't used.

I will or my wife will talk with our daughter when she is the right age, show her condoms and even take her to buy them, show her how to use them and to also make sure the male withdraws as he reaches climax to help avoid an accident, she can also use a female contraceptive to help protect against an unwanted prego.

I or my wife will also let her know exactly what young men are thinking about every second they will be together, my daughter will have no excuse for her poor choices (if ever made), that doesn't mean I won't love her, just means she will be well aware of our expectations and hopefully will hold the man she goes with to the same standards of responsibility.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2012, 04:08:41 AM »
Yes, there is a horrible hidden agenda!  God forbid, our government is trying to reduce teen pregnancy and the spread of s.t.d.'s.  How dare they!
I fully understand your point but tell me, with all the "education" and preventive measures taken by the worlds gov's has the problem gotten better or worse?

I think we both know the answer to that, that's why education must start and end in the home, a 2 parent home (is best).
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2012, 05:20:39 AM »

This is not the hidden agenda. This is the published agenda! The campaign! The hidden agenda is sourcing these condoms from cheap factories in China maybe, jack up the price 100 folds, allot taxpayers money to buy these $100 condoms, divert funds to personal accounts, then buy a yacht! That is the hidden agenda!
Everytime government makes purchases, somebody gets rich.

I fully understand your point but tell me, with all the "education" and preventive measures taken by the worlds gov's has the problem gotten better or worse?

Worse! Why? because they just don't care about the outcome of any project. Once they get popular and seated and gotten what they want, the hell with the project. The opposition will just make this another issue so that they too can run and be elected... it's a vicious cycle...!

An example of good government...

Contractor "A" was awarded by Government the 100 million project to build a bridge.
Contractor "A" sells the contract to Contractor "B" for 90 million. Contractor A gets 10M easy.
Contractor "B" sells the contract to "C" for 80 million.

Contractor C builds the bridge alloting only 50 million . Bridge cannot be finished because of lack of funds.

End of project

Nobody goes to jail

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:30:05 AM by Vivo »

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2012, 05:25:45 AM »
Vivo, do you have proof that the government is buying 100 dollar condoms?  Seriously?

As far as the problem getting worse, I don't buy it.  It is talked about more, yes.  However we don't have the 13-17 year old girls suddenly disappearing from school (some getting married) like we had in the 70's.  More public participation is a good thing, but just because something is discussed more often doesn't mean it is happening more often.  We have a much lower murder rate than we've had since the 70's (at least here in the U.S.) but you hear about murders much more in the news.  Same goes for drunk driving and, I argue, teen pregnancy.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2012, 06:11:43 AM »
Vivo, do you have proof that the government is buying 100 dollar condoms?  Seriously?

This was just an example of the purchasing system of government. Remember the thousand dollar screwdriver and ash tray purchase scandal before in the U.S.? Forgot what year that was. I just related it with condoms. But here's a fact in our country:

Government awarded a project contract to a local instant noodle company for the Government's FEEDING PROGRAM FOR THE POOR! FREE FOOD!  An insider exposed the scam! The government paid 5 times the price of noodles as compared to the usual retail price. Five times may seem small but we are talking about millions of noodles here! Who got rich?

Here's another fact that I personally am involved:

I work for a company that imports car accessories and car care products.  One of our products is the Police warning lights.  We sell these for P11,000.00 each.  A goverment supplier buys from us and I found out later that the government allots P160,000.00 for each unit they buy from this supplier. Who get rich?

I can tell more...

By the way, I worked in government before that's why a know a lot of government sh** here.

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2012, 06:20:21 AM »
A few (okay, maybe quite a few) scams make the news because they are the exception, not the rule.  Hence the term "news."  If a story came out every time the government spent a fair price on something, everyone would get bored and there wouldn't be much room for anything else in the paper.

Just because they spent a lot on noodles once and the military spent a bunch of money on tools and toilet seats 30 years ago (yes, I remember it well...the early 80's and I was in the Navy) doesn't mean everything they do is corrupt...come on.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2012, 06:33:29 AM »
A few (okay, maybe quite a few) scams make the news because they are the exception, not the rule.  Hence the term "news."  If a story came out every time the government spent a fair price on something, everyone would get bored and there wouldn't be much room for anything else in the paper.

Just because they spent a lot on noodles once and the military spent a bunch of money on tools and toilet seats 30 years ago (yes, I remember it well...the early 80's and I was in the Navy) doesn't mean everything they do is corrupt...come on.

Maybe your government is straighter than ours!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Here corruption in government is not news or unusual! it's a culture!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2012, 12:59:44 PM »
Maybe your government is straighter than ours!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Here corruption in government is not news or unusual! it's a culture!

Corruption in your government is "silent crime" or "shadow activity". In Europe or USA it`s legal, registered activity called "lobbying".
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
I love anti-government speak.  It's usually supported with no solid information and is backed up by hearsay and confrontational attitude.
The government in the USA is purchased by lobby groups with real funding.  Extreme and unchecked expenditures for defense are often supported by anti-government whiners while spending for support of education/medicine/infrastructure dismissed as waste.  I'm really amused by those who think no government oversight is a good thing.  We're in the midst of a humongous economic problem created by financial institutions that skirted existing rules and gambled with OUR money and were bailed out with OUR money and have not supported US.  The greed is good orthodoxy starting with Ronny is so out of control and for some inexplicable reason people have come to expect large businesses to be more efficient than government.  I've never seen any large group of people run an entity efficiently.  Our government is more-or-less open and no business tells us about their waste.
End of screed.
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

As far as the problem getting worse, I don't buy it.  It is talked about more, yes.  However we don't have the 13-17 year old girls suddenly disappearing from school (some getting married) like we had in the 70's.  More public participation is a good thing, but just because something is discussed more often doesn't mean it is happening more often.  We have a much lower murder rate than we've had since the 70's (at least here in the U.S.) but you hear about murders much more in the news.  Same goes for drunk driving and, I argue, teen pregnancy.

No they no longer disappear they just get prego and proudly have the child. My wife is a middle school teacher for a small school district here in NJ, USA and each year they have a couple of students getting prego, no secret just prego.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2012, 04:26:17 PM »
I love anti-government speak.  It's usually supported with no solid information and is backed up by hearsay and confrontational attitude.
The government in the USA is purchased by lobby groups with real funding.  Extreme and unchecked expenditures for defense are often supported by anti-government whiners while spending for support of education/medicine/infrastructure dismissed as waste.  I'm really amused by those who think no government oversight is a good thing.  We're in the midst of a humongous economic problem created by financial institutions that skirted existing rules and gambled with OUR money and were bailed out with OUR money and have not supported US.  The greed is good orthodoxy starting with Ronny is so out of control and for some inexplicable reason people have come to expect large businesses to be more efficient than government.  I've never seen any large group of people run an entity efficiently.  Our government is more-or-less open and no business tells us about their waste.
End of screed.

You contradict yourself with your own statements. Ask gov.'s about and people about the 2 decades ago $75 tiolet seats and hammers the US gov was paying for.

The problems in the US housing market/bailout wasn't created by banks skirting laws rules and regs, it was a gov mandated rule that banks had to lend to people that would not normally qualify for a home loan. Once they set up the down fall the gov bailed the banks out with our tax money. They work hand in hand, banks and big gov are one in the same, who set up the fed? The fed is a group of pivate banks that lend us our own money, what a joke that we allow to be played on us.

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2012, 08:40:15 PM »
Right, the government told the banks to take on bad loans.  That really makes sense...
Follow the money.  Who specifically in government made billions of dollars on the overextension of loans?  Who makes money from lack of oversight?  Who is/was offering loans that it knew it couldn't back?  Governments, of course, not banks and financial institutions. 
Who's still gambling OUR money on bad "investments", government, of course.  It's all a government conspiracy, right?
Read a real newspaper, listen to (oh no) NPR, read a history book. 
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »
Right, the government told the banks to take on bad loans.  That really makes sense...

The banks took on "bad loans" BECAUSE they were federally insured. (FANImae)
The real root was the loans were resold Using the Insurance as a ploy. It was a no lose sale. The people that made the money were the coe's of the banks/mortgage companies.

Who's still gambling OUR money on bad "investments", government, of course.  It's all a government conspiracy, right?
One word...Haliburton. The largest arms supplier on Earth. What exactly is their total Charitable contributions for 2008-9-10-11?
What money has been sent to Washington for "political contributions" in '08-9-10-11
The numbers are available on the net.

I do work as a contracter for the USAF on their Boston Whaler pursuit boats. These boats are used to recover "Drones" after firing into the Gulf. I won the contract from my EX employer after bidding 1/3rd the total cost for annual service. They WERE spending 12.500.00 a year of MY money to do a bottom job, paint'gell coat repairs on three 24'boats. I do all three for $4,200.00. This is MY personal situation. My deal with the Govt. The old contracter would BRAG about how he was "sticking it to Uncle Sam."  I love the guy but he only stuck it to US!

The final thought... WE know NOTHING about how much is wasted by Uncle Sam. We do KNOW that everything is overpaid.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()