Author Topic: Mods/Alternatives/Adjustments to Rear View Mirrors?  (Read 1749 times)

Hurricane*Sara

• View Profile
Mods/Alternatives/Adjustments to Rear View Mirrors?
« on: May 13, 2012, 04:47:18 AM »
I find that I am not seeing well out of my Grand Vista's rearview mirrors.  Are there any choices in the way of improving visibility in that regard?  Has anyone placed those little convex stick-on mirrors to help?  I guess the mirrors are pretty proprietary and can't be swapped with anything that would help, huh?  Maybe I'll get used to them, but they seem so small -- and low -- and dark. ???  I'm not trusting them to give me a true and accurate view of the world behind me.  Any words of wisdom, oh, great Grand Vista Gurus?

Wiz

• View Profile
Current Ride: Gold 2012 People GTI 300.

axy

• View Profile
Re: Mods/Alternatives/Adjustments to Rear View Mirrors?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
I find that I am not seeing well out of my Grand Vista's rearview mirrors.  Are there any choices in the way of improving visibility in that regard?  Has anyone placed those little convex stick-on mirrors to help?  I guess the mirrors are pretty proprietary and can't be swapped with anything that would help, huh?  Maybe I'll get used to them, but they seem so small -- and low -- and dark. ???  I'm not trusting them to give me a true and accurate view of the world behind me.  Any words of wisdom, oh, great Grand Vista Gurus?

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned or installed rear viewing camera with LCD somewhere in front.  ;D ;D
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Hurricane*Sara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »
Thanks, Wiz, for those links to prior posts.  I did do a search for modifications specifically for the Grand Vista but had no luck.  Since the GV has these weird electric mirrors mounted low, I don't know if any of these extender options will work.  Does anyone have any Grand Vista specific options/experience?  Can you just add an additional set of mirrors and leave the OEM mirrors in place? 

Hurricane*Sara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 12:05:33 PM »
Okay.  I am learning (slowly  :-\) that there are bar-end mirrors and clamp-on mirrors that can be added.  I shall explore further, but I'm still interested in any Grand Vista owner experience with any solutions they may have.  Thanks!

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »
You can certainly add extra mirrors if you like.  However,  I am pleasantly pleased
with the electric actuated mirrors and their location.   First,  I find the lower position
easier to see behind me.  Second,  they are out of the way.  I put my left Xciting mirror
out of whack every time just moving the bike in or out of the garage.  I have installed the
small "Blind Spot" mirrors on both bikes and find them to be a definite advantage.  I also
have them on all my cars and put one on my yearly vacation rental (Only $1.99).   I have
stuck the blind spot mirrors on the rear view bike mirrors,  but have found them to be better mounted
on a bracket off the side of the rearview mirror.  Oh...and third,  pulling the mirrors in makes
the bike easier to squeeze in the garage.  If you are interested,  I can post blind spot mirror
brackets I have made later today.             Urbestfriend

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
I had bar end mirrors on my 1963 Honda 650 Nighthawk and I loved them. I couldn't see past my shoulders with the OEM mirrors.

There are some pictures of it on this thread in the Nighthawk forum
http://nighthawk-forums.com/index.php/topic,2105.msg25112.html#msg25112
Current Ride: Gold 2012 People GTI 300.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »
"I am surprised that nobody has mentioned or installed rear viewing camera with LCD somewhere in front."

I did in one post...
I have bar end mirrors, and fully adjustable mirrors on my bars. I use the end mirrors for the blind spot, and the adjustable ones are laid almost flat to the ends of the grips. I can see your house in my mirrors.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()