Author Topic: I went and did it!  (Read 1856 times)

Syl

• View Profile
I went and did it!
« on: May 13, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »
Yesterday, I went to my dealer and decided to turn my 300i over for a Xciting 500RI ! What made me decide? Well, every year there are 2 rides for Homeless Veterans and I didn't participate being this large group ran the X-Way at 65 mph + or _ and I didn't feel totally secure with my scooter size. I realize many 300i owners run these speeds but I further will want to run with a rider now and than. Almost double the CC, another 100 lbs of scooter weight, larger tires, double front disks + other things made my decision. It is a 2012 and am looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.... I have a GIVI V46 Box on the back of my 300 and I have them checking if I can obtain a mount for the Xciting. I chose the color (white) but it is not a true (white) which grew on me a bit. At this point, I have to say here, I met 300i owners and put my layman 2 cents in and had great replies from you and I thank all of you for that. Like a kid with a new toy, I await my excitement with the new Xciting!

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: I went and did it!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 11:08:39 AM »
Congrats!

You'll sure have a bit more comfort on your new ride.. but not much else.  ;)

The difference in top speed (both GPS and manufacturer specs) between the two is just 7,5 mph,
and both run at high-ish revs above 65mph without any mods.

That said, both react very well to Dr Pulley sliders to reduce the revs at higher speeds.
I wouldn't want to run the DT300 at 65mph+ either when it was stock, and now I'm happy even at
75!

Now let's see some pictures, or it didn't happen, and we'd all love to hear differences/riding impressions
over time!
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »
I am happy one up on the DT at 70 MPH. Two up is another story, around town it is fine but for the exxtra punch on the freeway I definately would want a larger bike. Congrats on the new ride.................

jwalz1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »
I am happy one up on the DT at 70 MPH. Two up is another story, around town it is fine but for the exxtra punch on the freeway I definately would want a larger bike. Congrats on the new ride.................

Mine does not seem to labor at all at 70 mph, but I am 155 pounds.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »
Other then some vibrations around 7000 revs, the 300 engine in DT and People NEVER seems to be working
hard, there's no noticeable vibrations, loss of power, excess noise or anything else.

And even at 80-85mph it's happy to play along in the twisty stuff, with just minor frame flexing.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()