Author Topic: Fresh pics!  (Read 9575 times)

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Fresh pics!
« on: May 13, 2012, 05:01:18 PM »
Figured a photo session was in order after a few farkle bits!
Shad SH50 topcase & extra light + Biondi tall screen, and a nice blue sky just before a storm hit!  ;D

'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Fresh pics!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:03:09 PM »
Once more, different location!

Now let's find some aux LED lights for the front, the stebel horn is waiting too.. should probably do a HID conversion, need
heavier bar end weights, should change the tires, and I need a...

..yeah, I'm almost there!
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »
Getting all "artsy" on us. Nice Picts....
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »
Getting all "artsy" on us. Nice Picts....

Thanks!

Yeah, the sky was a bit too blue, but I just went along with it in post-processing,
made it a bit more dramatic.  ;D

I'll go a different route when I shoot a Vespa or something..  ;)
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 10:04:49 PM »
Maybe some Flying Monkeys sprinkling glitter?
Just give the choreography credit to me...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »
Taking notes!
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:10:23 PM »
 8)

sentinex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 06:17:59 AM »
Hey cortez can you gives us a honest opinion and breakdown on the downtown 300? I ask because I am still unsure the design of it is better than the people 300GTI. Thank you in advance.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 11:35:03 AM »
Well damn, I figured I wrote about this before.  :P

To tell you the truth, in certain situations, I wish I had the People, sometimes even the XC500, but
I'm still 70% for the DT300.

Compared to the GTi300, the Downtown feels lighter and turns in with a lot less effort, probably
due to the smaller wheels.

The stock Downtown will be faster then the People after about 55mph, the People will reach 60mph a second sooner.

The seat (IMHO) is better on the People, not sure if it's the shape, or my a$$, but I like it more.
The rear seat (says the girlfriend) is comfier on the DT300, BUT, the overall width of it, and passenger footpegs
on the People make it a better bike for the passanger. She also mentioned that the DT300 is one of the worst
buffeting back there (fixed a bit with another windscreen) and she has issues with the leg positioning on the DT.
Again, better on GTi (and XC500).

Storage space? You know this one. The DT300 has one of the best in it's class, and with a 50l topcase, I got
as much storage as some small cars.

The DT300 feels better riding hard on open roads (read: pushing it way more then most would, cornering at 75-85mph
leaned over completely), there's less frame flexing. The People flexes more probably due to the flat floorboard, which,
again, has it's own pluses. People will behave well but I liked it better at 5mph or so slower in the same turns compared
to the DT300, and the People has a nasty habit of slapping it's rear around if you overdo the braking. I'd say if you
ride hard, the People would benefit from ABS a lot more.

Speaking of ABS - it works better then it did on my Kawasaki ER6F.

Comfort? Would never expect this, but People is more comfortable, especially the front end, and probably due to the
bigger wheels too.

The bigger wheels also make the bike steer heavy (like you're on flat tires), BUT the People feels more planted on the
road because of it.

It's a toss up.
It's a different package with the same great power-train.

It would be easier if you had any specific questions.

EDIT: Forgot. Wind protection. The People will protect you more then you'd expect. It has the best lower body protection of any
big-wheel scoot I tried (the current Beverly BV300-350 being the worst), the fly screen will deflect the wind off your chest and
your head is in clean air = no noise. It's very comfy to ride.

If you're around 5'11" (180cm), you will not be able to live with the stock windscreen on the Downtown.
You'll need 5" more at least (that's what she said), or a tiny one.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:38:57 AM by Cortez »
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 10:28:38 AM »
I saw here this all photos of this new bike. This all photos are very nice, attractive and eye catching photography. I like this new kymco Downtown bike. Its looks really very nice.  You done good job to capture this new bike photos.

jwalz1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 05:48:54 PM »
Cortez,

That Shad top case, is it easily removed?   I am looking to get a mount for a top case where the case will just click into place, and then pull right off.  I only want to use it for larger errands and have it off the bike most times, but don't know much about what is offered in the top case market. 

Thanks

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
Cortez,

That Shad top case, is it easily removed?   I am looking to get a mount for a top case where the case will just click into place, and then pull right off. 

Every single top case is like that.
One or two clicks.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 01:58:49 AM »
love it all just can't see putting a top case on mine.....spoils the look for me completely but on the gt....sure it works.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »
I have two cases I dont use because of the "look". On larger bikes I do like them but not so much on small bikes.

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 05:00:50 PM »
coretez...i do like the enlarged wind screen....where did you get it and how much?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()