Author Topic: my new super 8 150 scoot!  (Read 7197 times)

super8_wv

• View Profile
my new super 8 150 scoot!
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »
This is my new super 8 150 I picked up last week. It has all of 140miles on it and I love it to death. My problem is I love to tinker and upgrade so what do you think I should do first?

Trancebear

• Sucker For Discontinued Scooters
  • Retired Micro$oft Drone
    • View Profile
Re: my new super 8 150 scoot!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:35:04 PM »
I always start with fine tuning the CVT to make the best use of the HP. Iridium spark plug, better air flow and maybe an exhaust.
My Name Is Chris Y'all
2014 BMW 650GT
2014 Kymco MyRoad 700 Modded
2006 Kymco B&W 250
Threw Away All The Chinese Scoots

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:34:23 AM »
Aha! mine is black! love to tinker huh? Leave mods for a while.  First step is to check all bolts, nuts and screws if they are tight.  Yes! when I checked mine, some needed tightening. Removing plastic panels is really time consuming here, so if you have time, take pictures while doing this and post them here for our reference.  ;) ;) ;)

super8_wv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »
That is a good idea, nah I am not gonna tinker for a while thinking about doing the dynabead thing tho as I do have a bit of vibs above 45 (on the speedo). Rode to work for the first time today felt completely amazing.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 01:45:24 AM »
On my way home last night with my wife riding pillion and 2 bags of groceries on the floor came heavy rains and thunderstorms. I passed an almost knee deep flooded area about 100 meters long and no way to turn back. I thought the flood was only inches high but the water got deeper and deeper as I continued to ride. My S8 was struggling as the belt slipped and slipped. I can't stop because if I did, water for sure will enter the engine bay. I thought I won't make it but my S8 took us home safe and sound. Take care of your scoot as it will take care of you.

Trancebear

• Sucker For Discontinued Scooters
  • Retired Micro$oft Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:55:35 AM »
On my way home last night with my wife riding pillion and 2 bags of groceries on the floor came heavy rains and thunderstorms. I passed an almost knee deep flooded area about 100 meters long and no way to turn back. I thought the flood was only inches high but the water got deeper and deeper as I continued to ride. My S8 was struggling as the belt slipped and slipped. I can't stop because if I did, water for sure will enter the engine bay. I thought I won't make it but my S8 took us home safe and sound. Take care of your scoot as it will take care of you.

Well said buddy
My Name Is Chris Y'all
2014 BMW 650GT
2014 Kymco MyRoad 700 Modded
2006 Kymco B&W 250
Threw Away All The Chinese Scoots

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »
One very necessary mod is to get rid of those incompetent glass fuses and replace them with automotive ATC blade fuses. Blade fuses won't loosen and heat up or corrode.

at the left are the original glass fuse holders, the blue ones at the right are the ATC fuse holders.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 04:41:02 AM »
Hate to bust the bubble... Open the cvt, and SOAK it all with a can of WD 40. The springs will rust/torque drive will rust/crank shaft under the boss will rust. Just like a flood damaged car... It's just a few bolts to open it, and you will be happy for it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:05:23 AM »
 ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 06:24:45 AM »
This is my new super 8 150 I picked up last week. It has all of 140miles on it and I love it to death. My problem is I love to tinker and upgrade so what do you think I should do first?

Ditch the riding gear... It's like camo! You are sooooo blended in with the bike I would think it was parked.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:31:06 AM »
I usually wear a long sleeved shirt on top of my office attire to keep off soot from diesel vehicles.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »
Hate to bust the bubble... Open the cvt, and SOAK it all with a can of WD 40. The springs will rust/torque drive will rust/crank shaft under the boss will rust. Just like a flood damaged car... It's just a few bolts to open it, and you will be happy for it.

do i have to dismantle the cvt parts?

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »
It doesn't seem right that water got in the CVT. I opened mine to put a new Hoca variator in, and was impressed not only by the rubber gasket for the cover, but also the snorkel tube for the vent that went somewhere up in the front. It should all be sealed enough to take a flood like that.

I disconnected the snorkel tube to let more air in, because I live in a desert and never ride my Super 8 in the rain, but now I'm going to hook the tube back up, and if it rains, I'll only ride the Super like a flash flood submarine.

Was the belt slipping, or the tire?

Check it out, it's only ten bolts, and the kick start, open it up and see what's what.

Like zomboni said, the WD stands for Water Displacement number 40, and it creeps to one millionth of an inch.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 01:16:29 AM »
I'm sure it was the belt that was slipping. I'll open and see.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 05:53:24 AM »
You don't Have to dismantle but use the little straw to get behind/under/around everything. Use the whole can. That stuff evaporates so it will be dried out in a few hours to put the cover back on. Do this on your neighbors driveway too There will be a MESS.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()