Author Topic: WOW! Picked up my new 2012 Xciting Ri  (Read 3471 times)

Syl

• View Profile
WOW! Picked up my new 2012 Xciting Ri
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
Writing my experience: Anxiously finished all paper work and put out a few bucks...drove home to get the 300i and return in about an hour. Concerned about the rain, it was drizzling on and off all morning but rode into service while they prepared the new purchase. Finishing up putting it together out of shipment, I mentioned for them to attach a battery cable for my trickle charger. I noted that the area the cover covered to the battery was not completely water tight so one open area was the run for the cable. Scooter was serviced, checked thoroughly, few things explained and I was good to go! On with my helmet, leather coat, gloves and boots which were on I nervously pulled out. I couldn't believe the difference.."WOW"! 1. The great power increase, the smooth throttle acceleration..even at low speed slow down..no jump in increasing throttle. Handling and cornering as if I rode this for months, well balanced, rounded curves and corners with ease and again..no jumping when throttling up (smooth). Wanting to beat the rain home, I drove the X-Way which is 65 mph but never went over 45-50 up and down. Only went 4 miles on it and it was really controllable and anxious to open up but I would not. This unit is so well balanced and I immediately felt at home riding it. Right into my garage I went before the rain and stood there admiring it for 1/2 hour! I like the parking brake, flashers, movable back rest, LED rear lights, gas cap ease from the ignition switch and other differences. Am going to use 91 or better Octane as recommended.....

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: WOW! Picked up my new 2012 Xciting Ri
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 07:16:01 AM »
Congratulations and ride safe!!!!

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »
Put a Givi shield on it, and a Givi or Shad box with backrest. And you can ride it like a gold wing. People say, you bought a scooter? And I say, I never considered one and then they had free rides at the Arizona Cardinal stadium a few years ago, so I rode most of the big scoots, (silver wing-Tmax etc), and it was over meaning ever having a normal motorcycle again. I tell them, if you ride one you will never go back unless you can't handle the EGO problem. That's why I call myself sissy mary as a joke, because I ride a scooter. You can not beat the comfort, leg room, sit up and beg seating possition. A couple of times harley people saw me get off the bike and give me a strange look. Then I point at the license plate that says Arizona, and I'm in Michigan. It shuts them up as they have probably never riden farther than a bar or local poker run? I have ridden it cross country twice, am over 30,000 mile so far, and have rode many 500-700 mile days and one 1004 mile day. The X500 is big, does not get pushed around by the wind, semi trucks passing you do not bother it, handles well, has good storage. Is more comfortable, (for me), than a Goldwing or anyother dresser touring bike at a fraction of the price. I got mine on ebay for $1,950 dollars with 7,250 miles on it. And put more than 20,000 miles on it the first year easy. I see some on cycle trader for about 4,500-5,000 (new) out the door! If only others knew how nice a maxi scoot is as a touring bike Kymco could not keep them on the self. :-*

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
Put a Givi shield on it, and a Givi or Shad box with backrest. And you can ride it like a gold wing. People say, you bought a scooter? And I say, I never considered one and then they had free rides at the Arizona Cardinal stadium a few years ago, so I rode most of the big scoots, (silver wing-Tmax etc), and it was over meaning ever having a normal motorcycle again. I tell them, if you ride one you will never go back unless you can't handle the EGO problem. That's why I call myself sissy mary as a joke, because I ride a scooter. You can not beat the comfort, leg room, sit up and beg seating possition. A couple of times harley people saw me get off the bike and give me a strange look. Then I point at the license plate that says Arizona, and I'm in Michigan. It shuts them up as they have probably never riden farther than a bar or local poker run? I have ridden it cross country twice, am over 30,000 mile so far, and have rode many 500-700 mile days and one 1004 mile day. The X500 is big, does not get pushed around by the wind, semi trucks passing you do not bother it, handles well, has good storage. Is more comfortable, (for me), than a Goldwing or anyother dresser touring bike at a fraction of the price. I got mine on ebay for $1,950 dollars with 7,250 miles on it. And put more than 20,000 miles on it the first year easy. I see some on cycle trader for about 4,500-5,000 (new) out the door! If only others knew how nice a maxi scoot is as a touring bike Kymco could not keep them on the self. :-*

What a sissy!
Get a real bike!

;) ;D
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
Syl.. Congrats! 

I just upgraded from a 250 SYM to a 2012 Xciting with ABS.  I really like it.

I completely agree that you should put the GIVI windscreen on it.  I also transplanted my GIVI top case.  I put a Kaoko throttle lock on it as well.  That helps when you're out on the road on long trips.

A group of us from Kansas City are going to AMERIVESPA in june.  Even though I'm trailering up, I many just ride back via Cincinnati to visit family.

Enjoy the scoot.

Don in KC.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:14:31 AM »
Question: As one/I breaks in the X500, does it get to having the idle set up higher as it does or seemingly lowers while breaking it in? Another question comes up now that I'll have to go to service to ask about....I have noted that the lid is VERY difficult to get closed/slammed to have the dash light go out. I must have had that light stay on the other day when I parked the unit for the about a day & 1/2 of no use and found that it barely kicked over. I wouldn't have thought this small drain from the LED would have drained the battery down that much. Now, I say this being this almost non-start hasn't happened before so I suspect this to be the cause. I am not a weakling to not be able to apply enough pressure to close this lid but it did test me!

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
"Question", answering it myself...duh me! Opened the manual and looked at Seat in the index....yep..leaving it not closed securely will drain the battery being not only is the Met-On light lit but the under seat (Center Compartment) light is on also. Hmmm! I guess I'd best start looking over the manual more! I still have to go to service to have them look at why it is so difficult to close.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »
yup, that's what manuals are for... ;)

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 10:14:38 AM »
Keep the RPM's down for the first 500 miles. Change oil to synthetic at 1,000 miles. If you feel anything needs to be adjusted or tweaked take it to the dealer. It's on warranty. Ride man Ride. :-*

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 04:11:22 AM »
My seat started getting very hard to latch.  I sprayed the latches inside with lubricant and it works smoothly and easily again.  Yours might need the cables adjusted since I can't imagine the lubricant being dried up already.  Then again, maybe it is -- from sitting in the showroom or wherever it was stored.

If you want to try to lube the latches, be careful so any overspray doesn't discolor the plastic. 

I took out my underseat courtesy light bulb.  If my seat is accidently left unlatched it is no problem on the battery.  ;D

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »
Hoolander2 thanks for that, good idea to remove the compartment bulb. Service looked over the latching and didn't find the problem but did see that it didn't latch correctly. If I can explain this as to how I will close it now.....standing behind the bike close the seat with your hand pushing down on the middle of the rear of the seat...as you are facing it (from the rear) the left latch of mine latches but not the right side correctly. Placing my hand and gripping the right rear corner, slightly lift up than push down very easily and the seat latches correctly and the light goes out. Of course others may have a different situation in closing but this may indirectly help. No slamming or banging needed.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
There you go, yeah.  ;)  Just takes the right touch.  Each time the seat is removed and put back on it'll be different.  :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()