Author Topic: New Downtown 300i Rider!!!  (Read 5162 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Re: New Downtown 300i Rider!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 08:03:08 AM »
zombie, happy to hear there is a "ditto" out there. Too bad we don't live close, we could do our scootering friendship and watch all those other doing there thing which we passed on. I greatly enjoy the fact that I can carry on my photography profession as a hobby now with the scooter to do so with. I'm not young and want to enjoy my life with whatever years left on this great earth. I wish I should have started off with a 500 or so instead of going through the peoples 250 and the 300i. By the way, I am 6' 1", 245 and this 500 is comfortable for a change. Next, I really appreciate the fact that I can log on here and
receive all sorts of great ideas and recommendations. My goal in getting on this 500 is to be able to keep up with the bigger guys on their rides for "the homeless veterans of America". I am a vet and never want to forget what gives me/us the ability to ride free.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 07:00:55 AM »
Wow! I was gonna mess with you getting all snuggled up on the beach, holding hands while we ride... Till you brought it back. Respect for your service Bro!
If I were armed by the Govt.?. Which way to the Oval Office sir! I can stop any war with 7 bullets!

May the wind be always at your back...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

MrSolo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 04:26:48 AM »
Wow! I was gonna mess with you getting all snuggled up on the beach, holding hands while we ride... Till you brought it back. Respect for your service Bro!
If I were armed by the Govt.?. Which way to the Oval Office sir! I can stop any war with 7 bullets!

May the wind be always at your back...
I certainly hope that 7 bullet comment isn't what it appears to be...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 05:54:31 AM »
One more than six? ;)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
I don't know where can I ask this...

I have to make a good decision between Downtown 300i and Xciting 300r.

I haven't found the DT's torque value. Can somebody tell me that?

Because this is an interesting issue. The Xciting 23HP and 23Nm. The DT 32HP and 24,5Nm (I found that in one specs only).
Is it possible that the two engine has almost the same Nm??? How does it looks like in a daily usage? What is the difference in the engine's characteristic?

bye
Adept

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 06:28:17 AM »
Don't limit yourself with the engine.. The DT has higher torque, lighter, and has smaller wheels than the Xciting. go figure... ;)

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
Yes, the DT has the clear advantege, of course.
But now I found a cheap, and good-conditioned Xciting 300r with a few mileage, a very good deal... In Hungary the DT is a very rare piece on the market... I don't know when would arrive a good DT to us.
Now I have a Grand Dink 125, I use it almost always in city area. I know the power never enough, but if I think about  realisticly...

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()