Author Topic: can anyone tell me how to remove rear nut to change compression/clutch springs  (Read 1408 times)

tomsnott

• View Profile
I have a 2008 people 150 and decided to get a new variator, rooler weights and springs. I was able to change the roller weights
but I can't get the rear nut off to get to the clutch assemblyoff to chabge the springs. I've tried jamming the rear brake to hold but it slips.
Can anyone tell me how to remove it?
Thanks,
Tom

Vivo

• View Profile
I have a 2008 people 150 and decided to get a new variator, rooler weights and springs. I was able to change the roller weights
but I can't get the rear nut off to get to the clutch assemblyoff to chabge the springs. I've tried jamming the rear brake to hold but it slips.
Can anyone tell me how to remove it?
Thanks,
Tom

http://members.modernvespa.com/fabio_dougie/uploads/et2_clutch_nut_removal_optimized_898.jpg

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
That tool, and an impact driver will make short work of it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

MikeKymco

• View Profile
Hey tomsnott,

Were you replacing worn out parts or going for better performance with these changes?  Or both?  How did it turn out?

Thanks.

Mike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()