Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 66647 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2012, 12:06:31 PM »
...awesome!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »
:(  You painted the rear grab bar thingy!

I'm going to go cry, and tell my sad sad story to a cup of coffee.

EGT mount looks good, as does the gauge!

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
Oh hey J.     Um     I ah    Well a Funny thing happened... I was looking at a can of paint while I was admiring all your hard work on polishing the grab rail, and well..... it uh     fell in the paint. Yeah, just fell in.    Hope the coffee is good.
Thanks guys...
(Josh spent many hours polishing the VERY hard to find one bar grab rail on my scoot. I have tried for a few years to find one like it. Never did until I saw J. was now selling the bike he put it on. I made an offer for the rail/engine, and he thankfully sold them separate.)
Glad I didn't tell him I intended to paint it!  I mean I'm real sad about it falling in the paint...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2012, 02:23:04 AM »
Forgot... The gauge is for sale... It is a 20 dollar ebay item, and I cannot read it in sunlight. I ordered the one I posted above so if anyone else wants to set up an EGT all you need is the sender. That is on ebay for 15 bucks. I paid a local welder to do the bung 40.00
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »
good lookin ride!
sans scooter, rien

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2012, 11:43:43 PM »
Thanks Wass. It's come a long way in the past year. My intentions/needs for the bike have changed quite a bit, and it is showing in the results. I have most of the parts for taking off the head set, and converting to "naked" bars. I'm planning on starting all that this weekend.
I also found something Friggin' GREAT! HPI makes an internal rotor set up just for the ZX. The ONLY company that still produces them. http://www.hpi.be/universalignitiondig.htm  It just so happens that Benji from Treatland is the US importer for HPI. So I have the rotor kit/fan adapter/Programmable CDI/and a 5amp lighting coil on the way. This set will take almost 6 pounds off the crank, and allow for faster revs, and higher maximum revs. Along with that I can program the timing to work with MY set up instead of the other way around. Another bennifit is the Hi flow fan... At any given rpm the fan is now much more efficient due to its ability to spin up faster. No more 6 pound flywheel holding it back. I will still be running a 60,000 volt Ign coil to allow for the NGK gap-less race plugs. all of this combined should allow me to rev the engine well past any rpm's I have ever seen before, and maintain safe combustion temps.
 With all led's for lighting the 5a coil they supply is enough to run lights, and keep me street legal... except for all the other mods but I don't tell. Looks like a few more weeks, and it will be ready to rock.
What a friggin' project this has turned out to be.

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2012, 01:06:27 AM »
Damn! The mad scientist has awakened the beast!
sans scooter, rien

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2012, 02:38:42 AM »
Looks like a few more weeks, and it will be ready to rock

...that's awesome!!...just save it for th blowout!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2012, 02:43:14 AM »
Cool bike!! Nice pipe Zombie!!! 8)

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2012, 04:28:00 AM »
Update dude!  Stop working on those damned boats, and give us some news! ;)
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2012, 05:27:07 AM »
It's all apart in the shop. Getting ready to build. The only parts not in hand are the coil, and HPI set. Lots of sh** to do. Right down to new cowl lights for a naked bar set. I have to open everything so I'll take picts along the way. I even have a Yamaha 90mph speedo on the way. led's, mirrors, all new cvt,new gears, new hand built reeds, new body work/cooling set up,maybe in seat intake. There's plenty to do. Just been collecting parts.
I have some welding to be done so I'll before/after that stuff, and some bracing to be built soooooooo. Plenty to do. The Vruk is all roughed in, and riding real well as an everyday...
Before:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2012, 05:31:39 AM »
Forgot Last shot before building...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2012, 05:33:22 AM »
Vruk...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
Bad ass zombie!

EGT gauge allows your to monitor the air/fuel mix better huh?
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2012, 12:45:37 AM »
It reads real time so you don't have to listen to every stroke of the engine. Once you dial in your set up you apply the temps to fine tuning, and Ign timing.
The investment of 80.00 in a nice gauge sure pays off to. I bought an led China gauge that failed on the third day. Still waiting on the replacement if anyone wants to buy a 10 dollar probe, and try it out. It lets you take your mind off what the revs are doing...Zen

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()