Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 66656 times)

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »
Holy smokes, that is frickin beautiful. It looks after the paint job as though it is smiling at you, with a nudge for what is about to come. Say na more! (but keep the pics coming!)
sans scooter, rien

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2012, 11:35:26 PM »
Thanks Wass... I realized it looks like a cross between Jason's mask, and Darth Axy. Even more so with all the parts installed.
It gots a little Zombie in it!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »
http://www.ospho.com/ Use that, and prime/paint over it

I use this for the ignition system. Sorta prevents condensation and water from entering your electricals.

Works ok this rainy season...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2012, 10:43:46 AM »
Vivo i always used Red Lead or Red Oxide spray on metal to keep rust away, works really well if sprayed on bare metal then primered and top coated.

Lookin good Z  8)

Got a planned finish date or are you just going with the flow?

I always worked with metal when doing bodywork so dont have any experience of glass fibre yet but plan doing some body mods next year or so on some of my plastic panels so ill dive in and give the glassing a go, how hard can it be?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2012, 11:49:28 PM »
.. Forgot Last shot before building...

..like that scoot!

..like the hell outta that colling air scoop   ;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2012, 02:17:53 AM »
Vivo i always used Red Lead or Red Oxide spray on metal to keep rust away, works really well if sprayed on bare metal then primered and top coated.

Thanks!   What I have are just little rust on welded joints and overlaps.. nothing major..  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2012, 05:56:15 AM »
"Thanks!   What I have are just little rust on welded joints and overlaps.. nothing major.. "

Same here. It works best on hot metal or brand new grinds.
Got no dates in mind... I want it done before the end of the month but I am 1 email away from shipping the Ign set from Belgium. I learned to wait. It's a new flaw in my character but I'll learn to cope with that too.

The air dam has bothered me from day 1. You can see on one of the Prepped body picts I cut the inside of the "flame?" looking thing in front of the cooling fan area as well. It's all about getting air.
 I still have more paint to do but the base is all done. You can see the old body work on the tail section from when I joined the body into one piece.

"I always worked with metal when doing bodywork so dont have any experience of glass fibre yet but plan doing some body mods next year or so on some of my plastic panels so ill dive in and give the glassing a go, how hard can it be?"
It's actually real easy. You can make anything... The first thing I did was join the body... Changed 200 screws 40 broken tabs, and three panels into one shell that removes in seconds with the seat/well. I recommend doing it to every scoot you get your hands on. My entire scoot body has three pieces, and two for the floor. 16 screws/nuts/bolts total. Takes about 2 minuites to strip to the frame.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2012, 05:57:47 AM »
Forgot the new picts... The point of the post.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2012, 05:58:47 AM »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2012, 06:22:32 AM »
nice nice nice  ;) ;) ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2012, 06:47:52 AM »
Thanks... Maybe I'll like this one... You can see in one of the tail section picts all the colors it's been. Green when I got it, Greew w/ White, all White, Red w/ White, all black, Black w/ White, Black w/ Orange, and now Black w/ Turquoise. There's about 100.00 in paint ALONE on each shot. I have about a grand in body! f***!
Tomorrow I should have the paint finished/cowl assembled/engine removed/frame brace mocked up/ and the wiring harness removed. I decided to paint the frame. Pure white Imron.
Once all the chassis stuff is done I'll get into the engine/cvt. I have some stock coming for a new base spacer, New Polini primaries to go in with a taller set of Motori secondaries, Maybe an in seat air set up for the carb. (That may be just for around town so we'll see), clutch/bell/spring, belt, full led conversion, re-wind the HPI lighting coil to 10amps, gauge install/naked bars set up... That reminds me... Just bought some 70.00 mirrors that I have to paint. I bought them Because they are anodized ORANGE!!! Too bad. I think I will like this set up.
More picts...
Ps... I'm taking this week to work on MY stuff. It feels GREAT to work in the shop, light a fattie, and CHILL. I'm getting alot done that has been months in the prep!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2012, 12:04:05 AM »
Not much got done today... Here's a few picts of the front cowl all wired, and ready to install.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2012, 12:18:52 AM »
Looks like one of those Star Wars robot guys... Oh well

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2012, 12:21:35 AM »
Looks like one of those Star Wars robot guys... Oh well
:D

Looks good zombie
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2012, 12:28:37 AM »
THX Bro!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()