Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 65198 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »
...classic, pimpy!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2012, 01:45:20 AM »

A dingo ate my baby

refers to the Azaria Chamberlain disappearance. The incident occurred in Australia in 1980 - a baby disappeared under mysterious circumstances near Uluru (Ayers Rock). The mother, Lindy Chamberlain, camping with her family, claimed to have seen a dingo carrying her baby from their tent, and immortalised the phrase, "The dingo's got my baby!". She was convicted of murdering her baby but later acquitted when new evidence suggested that the baby was, in fact, killed by a dingo.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »
Hey all... 4 days of software/vpn/proxy/restoring lost data, and I'm back. We have had some rain, and LOTS of wind from Issac so I have not been off of the desk chair fighting to regain control of my computer.
Obvious... No scooter work. It's all here tho. "cept for the Tach. I'll email him now.

Ps. Whatever WIKI says it was Farah Faucet's baby that got eaten. I saw the movie. Maybe Casey Anthony should have tried to eat hers. They would have made a sequel.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2012, 01:21:49 AM »
...speaking of...

..where th hell is sid??

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 30, 2012, 07:12:48 AM »
I saw him on some other forum a few months ago. Forgot the site but it's the one in red. He was helping someone set the jug height.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 30, 2012, 08:53:04 AM »
..where th hell is sid??

Hes got a new hobby now,  dresses as a dingo and eats babies at weekends  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 01, 2012, 06:49:03 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 01, 2012, 07:05:10 AM »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 01, 2012, 07:09:17 AM »
I got the tach today. 7-8 weeks later... Wrong tach. I ordered a 16k, black dial, red needle, 52mm opening. I got a white face, black needle, 12k tach. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Now I have to reorder. (nuther company of course)
Anyone need a 12k tach? I paid 30.00 bucks but will take 20. If you're interested I will post up a pict. It also came with a chrome housing, and hardware for mounting it on the mirror post between the mirror, and the lever.
Don't get me wrong... It's a nice tach but I hit the pipe at 11,500, and don't start to fall off till 13-14k. 12k is useless to me.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 01, 2012, 07:13:53 AM »
another on-line shopping frustration.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 01, 2012, 07:16:28 AM »
That sounds like an "I told you so"... Damn internet

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
zombiemachine, Ill take your tach. Let me know if you still have it.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2012, 01:49:20 PM »
And also, who did you order this through? You should do a post up of your vendor list of this build after, all the good and bad/stupid sellers.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »
Pm me the info, and I'll send it right out. I will post up a few picts here tonight.
That's a great idea posting up the vendors involved as well as all the contributers to this build. I had TONS of inspiration, and advice that made this happen.
I forgot if I mentioned this... Last week I had access to an arc welder (stick). I was pretty sure the frame is chromolly (chrome alloy) so I got a box of appropriate sticks. FAIL!!! The alloy is SOOOO high in chromium you can see it develop cracks as it cools. I'm embarrassed to post the picts... but I will tonight. Then I noticed something else... The engine mount assembly on my scoot was simply tacked in at four corners. It was never finish welded in place. So now a new set of issues. Do I get a new frame or replace the entire engine carrier with a custom one?
I have the frame at a shop called Crosby's in Wakulla (Tarzans real life home). They are going to offer me up a few options. Having the engine dis mount would not be considered a goal. At least I have a new target date for completion... Oct 27th. New speed trial week at the air strip. This may be a good time for some of my NC friends, and others to bring some scoots down, and run for some documented times.
All I lack now is a frame. I'll post the picts later.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »
Forgot to mention... The runway is 5,300'. I hope it is long enough for what I need...I'd hate to roll off the throttle before getting my true top speed. We'll see.  http://www.wannagofast.com/carrabelle.php  They do state NO MOTORCYCLES but when I told them about the ZX they are anxious to see it run. Hope some of you consider making it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()