Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 66632 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2012, 01:04:17 AM »
Oh... Slinger... This is MY thread. Lets not drift off topic with talk of queers. That is another thread.
I would sure hate to have to rat you to the modulator.

Where was I? Oh yeah.... So these two dirty hippies walk into a bar. One walks to the back, and starts talking to a couple of regulars at a table. The other walks to the bar, and says..."I'll bet you 100.00 bucks I can stand at this end of the bar, and piss into a shot glass placed all the way down at the other end of the bar"   The bartender says    "You're' on Hippie!"    The Hippie whips it out, and proceeds to piss all over the bar, the customers, and the bar tender. The bar tender wipes his face... Smiles... Puts his hand out for his 100.00 bucks.     The Hippie pays up, and nods to his bud that it is time to go.    They walk out, as the fellas from the back table come up, and tell the bartender how F'ing stupid he is.    The bartender says "I just got a hundred bucks! How the f*** is that stupid?"      The one fella says "You just cost me a THOUSAND BUCKS! THATS HOW!" "That f***ing Hippie bet me a "G" he could piss all over you, and you're sh** hole bar, and you would SMILE ABOUT IT!

Lets try to stay on track here...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2012, 02:17:37 AM »
...i usta know a joke....

..dang, you might be a redneck if you got stopped by a state trooper...

..annd he asked you if you had an I.D. and you said, 'Bout What?'  

...i dunno...

..oh, that was that other thread...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2012, 02:46:29 AM »
You know the difference between "69" and "6.9"

In "6.9", she's got the period...... EEEEEW!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2012, 02:50:19 AM »
Tampons... Vampire tea bags
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2012, 02:52:05 AM »
..ewww??..really??...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2012, 03:05:37 AM »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2012, 03:27:10 AM »
..umm...no habla...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2012, 03:30:59 AM »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2012, 03:35:39 AM »
...eeewwww...

:D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2012, 03:37:32 AM »
Get your wings son...
Ok here's back to tech stuff. I don't have my Ignition system yet so I am still not beating this pig. I've been messing with jetting. It's the OKOpwk 24mm. These carbs are know for jets bleeding into the overlapping range making them Very hard to dial in. The main issue I am having is the in between ranges, and wot. I get a Great launch with a 55 pilot, and it will drop power unless I keep rolling on the throttle. If I keep rolling it on it is phenomenal. until wot then it begins to lean. No matter what main I use (and needle) I can not get enough fuel at wot. The issue is any jet big enough for wot will flood out at 1/4 throttle on. I checked the boost jet to be sure it was clear but it Never seems to come on. I have no way to verify if it is pulling fuel on the boost or not. Any ideas?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2012, 04:12:07 AM »
..i tend to always just twist full throttle and tune everything to that scenario...

..i'm just sayion!!!

:-*

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2012, 05:14:12 AM »
Me too but with these super tall gears I need all the ranges to flow together. I'm looking at 4000" to get top speed out of it, and stop. That space runs out real fast.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2012, 04:13:40 AM »
Alrighty then. I have the EGT installed, and it is working fine so far. I still have the issue with WOT but the EGT confirms everything else is in good shape. I get 740*@6k---860*@7k---980*8k---1040@9k---1240@10k. I understand 1250 is the upper limit of what you want so I have not ridden above that temp/rpm. I am believing the CDI I had Suitai program for is is the culprit in melting all the domes. I have 28* of advance from 9k-top rpm. I am learning 14-16 is better because it will transfer the heat from the jug to the pipe. I'm going to have to buy my MSD new cause HGT is not selling the one he had. It is being delivered on a bike. Soooooo The next major posting will be on mapping a timing curve for the ZX.

Now I found all my picts are sideways... WTF is next.
Hey... The EGT was 30 bucks on Ebay if anyone is looking. I found a GREAT analog clock for it too http://thesensorconnection.com/gauges-pyrometers/all-gauges-pyrometers/sportduty-analog-egt-pyrometer-gauge-warning-max-temperature

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2012, 04:21:27 AM »
New picts.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »
Nice  8)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()