Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 66623 times)

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2012, 03:21:32 AM »
I might be able to find you one, Ill ask my friend tonight. He had 2 different styled ones a while back. He paid 400 each or something like that.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2012, 10:47:31 PM »
I will owe you till one of us passes on. I have read old forums where the Jammer was avail. for under 400.00. I assumed it was doubled because the engines are no longer made but there are a million Dios around.
If you can find a source for a Jammer I will be forever grateful. I am planing on using it on a 100cc water cooled zx engine. I have seen a few in the Philippines/Hawaii/Japan but never heard of one in the US. The engine/build is almost useless without a pipe with character.
I am getting a refund of the money I sent so the price/source of one is not an issue.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2012, 10:56:12 PM »
Here's a strange issue with the Scorpion pipe. It pulls about the same as any expansion pipe but it rev's up quicker. So far so good...
The strange bit is once it reaches the cylinders rated peak of 9,500 it takes off like a different engine. My dmm tach. only reads 12k. At 12 it is still pulling harder than it does from dead still. I have never had a pipe/jug make better power out of the band. Any ideas on why? I had planned to heat wrap the header of the pipe to raise the band but that is useless now. I believe this set will rev till it pops! This is the first 2t I have Ever owned that does this. They all fall flat after the Jugs rating but this one is thru the roof!
I would LOVE to hear any input on WHY the band is soo high.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012, 04:43:59 AM »
Youre about to melt another piston, 2t rev higher right before they pop. Check for air leak at the exhaust header. Whats your temps like? Maybe upjet because for sure you cant be supplying enough fuel for 12k when your set to max at 9500 with the jetting you had.
I forgot to ask my buddy about that pipe, Ill see him tomorrow tho. Ill try to get him to join on here also, no kymco but a great 2 stroke mechanic.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2012, 05:47:02 AM »
Here's a strange issue with the Scorpion pipe. It pulls about the same as any expansion pipe but it rev's up quicker. So far so good...
The strange bit is once it reaches the cylinders rated peak of 9,500 it takes off like a different engine. My dmm tach. only reads 12k. At 12 it is still pulling harder than it does from dead still. I have never had a pipe/jug make better power out of the band. Any ideas on why? I had planned to heat wrap the header of the pipe to raise the band but that is useless now. I believe this set will rev till it pops! This is the first 2t I have Ever owned that does this. They all fall flat after the Jugs rating but this one is thru the roof!
I would LOVE to hear any input on WHY the band is soo high.

Pipe design? Maybe the cone taper of the pipe is not steep compared to other pipes. Will this not give you a higher band?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2012, 10:14:41 PM »
No air leaks. I even pressure tested the pipe before installing it. (40+ welds on it). It shows no sign of running lean at those rpm's. I even ran it for 1 straight mile at wot. Pulled the plug, and it is perfect. There is a cone INSIDE the rear tube just after the header. The cone is the back splash for the sound wave to emanate from. Now because the cone is closer to the exh port I expected quicker building rpm's but this is insane. It takes a normal amount of time to reach 9k... the pipe starts to hit, and it screams right past 12k in seconds. WOT is the scariest sh** I have done in YEARS.
This is more of an attempt to figure how it can make power well past the pipes design, and how the jug is not falling flat. Air leaks would show lean/ sound lean. I don't have the EGT yet so WOT is off the agenda until I can SEE what is going on, and get it out to the airfield to test. It's too much for the street. I sure don't care about the bike, and if I get hurt...oh well, but for someone else to get hurt because of me?? Gonna keep it on the air strip.
Try to get your buddy on board Lovemy... The more brains the better. Especially for Zombies~

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 02:07:40 AM »

WOT is the scariest sh** I have done in YEARS.
I sure don't care about the bike, and if I get hurt...oh well

Well dont kill youself just yet because I cant wait to see a vid of this thing run.  ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 02:16:07 AM »
I'm going to have to have a buddy video it for me. I tried to get a speedo shot with the phone but I have some real good shots of the road in front of me instead. I guess I'll have to rig up a helmet for the phone. 

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »
I talked to my friend and the two he has is for the yamahas. I thought for sure he had one on his honda but its a technigas.
12k rpms is a nice feeling for sure, always in fear of something popping though. Are you using the stock crank? I wonder what the max Rpm is on one of them before it loses balance.
What jetting and carb set up are you using? When I saw 10.5+ on my MHR i started to get worried and backed off, I really felt like it would hit 11+ with out a doubt. Then I melted that sh** piston using a 122 main jet, stupid mistake, should have been at least 135. Im putting a Corsa on it just like you are until I bore the cylinder and get it mocked up on a different engine.
The Corsa should be here tomorrow, and I hope to ride it a few times before I leave. Im using a 24mm OKO/Uni with 140 main to start, work down, and 45 pilot to start, YMS V8 to break it in, then switch to my Motorio expansion that helped blow up the MHR. I just got the MSD Blaster SS today for 48 bucks on sale.
Are you using the metal base gasket or did you make a paper gasket? I heard to make a paper gasket because of compression, Ill do a comp test of course. Im waiting to get the Corsa before I install the head studs, Ive heard people prefer to use the bolts that came with the kit instead? Whats you opinion on this for our rides?
sh** one more question, Im going to take my trans case apart probably later today to swap in the Malossi primaries, I think you did this also. What shims/washers did you use for them so they line up? Im sure it may be apparent when I line them up but a base point is always nice to start at.

foligti

• View Profile
NEED HELP GUYS
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012, 06:03:26 PM »
Hi to all,

I am facing a problem with the generator rectifier for my KYMCO GV 250 cc...any suggestions from where I can order online one...Here in Switzerland one costs 115 EUR :(

Thanks in adwance

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 09:20:46 PM »
For starters... I used the Ruima stuffed 44mm stroker. I cut 20 "L" shaped wedges into the outside perimeter to act as a fan to push mix into the boost port. This alone may be the root of what I am experiencing. As the rpms build so does the effect. The jug is set flat on the cases using Permatex flange sealer, and I milled 2.4mm into the head to get .6mm squish. I went this route vs shimming the base to get longer durations, and I use the rings as the timing mark on port opening/closing. These were set well before using the Scorp. pipe. I have my first pipe from this engine (Tech. Next). That's what I broke it in on. The jetting with the next was 52 pilot/125 main, and the fattest needle in the OKO24 kit. With the Scorp. I changed to a 50 pilot/125 main, and the thinnest needle.
For the head bolts I stayed with the set that came with the corsa. They are a real tight fit so guide pinns are not needed. The studs I have from the Ruima jug are thinner, and would have needed guides. As for the Malossi Primary set they just drop in using the OEM shim behind the small gear. The Malossi Secondary kit has a bushing that must be used or it will wallow out the case in NO TIME. This may be what happened to Batts. The Malossi Primaries were not tall enough, and I had to replace them with Polini's set. Malossi gave me a 7.3:1 final, and the Polini gave me a 6.1:1 final. I already had a set of unknown brand Secondaries that were 8.3:1 final.
I'm just scooting around on it, and not going to open it up again till I get the EGT, and MSD set up. I also have to get the cvt done. I still have some stretched out OEM fly springs, and a torch softened contra from break in. These are along with a Jasil Var, 6.5gr Polinni rollers, and a Stage 6 full race clutch. Of course a Malossi 1153 belt.
I am planning on a Stage 6 1500 contra, and fly's. The same roller weight, and eventually a Ruckus Jasil Var.
This is being set up for top end alone. I have had it set up quicker (1/8th-1/4 mil) but I am sincerely trying to beat 90mph/4,000ft on this build.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Re: NEED HELP GUYS
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
Hi to all,

I am facing a problem with the generator rectifier for my KYMCO GV 250 cc...any suggestions from where I can order online one...Here in Switzerland one costs 115 EUR :(

Thanks in adwance

http://www.kymco.com/    Or try Ebay... http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/ You can get the part number at stadium Yamaha, and that will make searching easier.

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2012, 04:08:06 AM »
Alright I think I understand you when you said to swap the primaries I only need to use the OEM washer/spacers? No extra or less right? Its the primary that is pressed into the case and the big gear on the secondary that Im pressing onto the little counter gear replacing it with the malossi primary set.
I havent opened this case yet, but its different than the AF16 in the fact that the back half of the case comes off instead of the front.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2012, 04:21:30 AM »
The AF16 is different. That is a True Dio engine. The ZX (AF18) has a clip that holds on the larger gear, and the shims stay the same. (according to Malossi's instructions) The Polini had no reference to shimming but dropped right in. So far I have had no issue. Both of the Primaries drop in.

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2012, 06:00:51 AM »
Dropped as in not pressed? If so this rocks! Youre a wealth of knowledge here my friend!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()