Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 66658 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2012, 12:53:34 AM »
Tore the ZX apart for a full rebuild. First thing is glass work... Get it out of the way. I have some F250 driving lites that are going into the front cowl. Since the cowl is in a finish paint state I have to cut exactly to size, and do all the body work on the inside. Twice as hard but since I have a few hundred in paint, and appropriate stickers I don't want to mess with that yet...
I have to break this up into 2 pict. posts cause of file size crap... so here's the lights...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2012, 01:21:05 AM »
Here are some of the belly pan. The idea here is to cut open the air dam behind the front wheel, and direct that air back to the engine/electronics for cooling. As a side benefit I see the reduced turbulence under the scoot.
I laid out three layers of 4oz. fiberglass finish cloth on a waxed pane of glass. This allows one side to be a "finished" surface. Flat as glass... The cloth peels right off the window, and now I have a finished piece to cut the belly pan from... Just lay it out, and glass it from the inside. I have nothing more to do to it. No need to paint it under the scoot.
Then cut out the air dam leaving just a rounded edge for strength. There is alot more modding to do on the body over the next few days. Oh... The piece I built for the entire bottom weighs 14oz's installed. The plastic piece I cut out weighs 18oz.
Forgot to get picts of the air dam cut but i'll get it later
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:35 AM »
I Fing HATE PICTS>>>

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2012, 01:26:23 AM »
All that for this...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2012, 01:34:14 AM »
Great! You've been busy huh!  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2012, 02:06:32 AM »
A little...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2012, 02:15:33 AM »
Help...

I got my super 8 last August of 2011, rainy season, October-February was cold and damp, March to May was a WET rainy summer, now it's rainy again .. all rain ...  and I'm beginning to see traces of rust on my scoot.  Any ideas on how to make my ride more resistant to rust?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2012, 02:18:01 AM »
http://www.ospho.com/ Use that, and prime/paint over it

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2012, 03:00:51 AM »
Is it the same as this? I have this...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2012, 04:27:42 AM »
No idea?? Maybe check the active ingredient... The stuff I use is also water based. Like simple green. It soaks in changing the rust to a hard "epoxy" like material. You can even tap threads into repaired areas. It's worth the price here but there it may be worth it's weight in gold...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2012, 04:36:48 AM »
Random...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2012, 05:25:54 AM »
Somebody boogered up your ignition
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2012, 05:31:43 AM »
Me... I lost the key the first ride. It fell right out. Now I use a scooter key blank or anything else will do...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2012, 05:44:13 AM »
Nice  :D

Reminds me of my first car. An 89 Isuzu Trooper. I could pull the key out while I was driving. I could lock my bag in the glove box while I was driving, or lock all the doors while it was still running.  :D. I loved that Trooper  ;D
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2012, 11:15:43 PM »
Changed my mind on the Black/stickers. Found some cool tropical looking blue/teal. New Paint it is... Cowl lights are done. Belly pan is done. Next big deal is going to be Stripping the bar set for gauges/electrical controls. I have a new analog EGT /Tach., and a 90MPH (not kph) speedo off a Yamaha 250 something. Random Picts along the way...
Some of the 3"extension, How the shock lays down better with an extender. Some of the re worked forks from an Agility, and the twin piston caliper.
Some of the front cowl in various states... There are 7 coats of Imron in the final picts...
A few of the belly pan with the dam removed, and in final paint.
Photo bucket...  http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj492/zombiemaking/

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()