Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 66701 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #270 on: August 02, 2012, 07:20:19 AM »
Water pills... WTF will they come up with next. I bet they sell them at car washes there. Right next to the giant bic lighters, and the Lottery Tickets.
How eggzactly do they work? Like ...what would you add? Spit?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2012, 08:54:46 AM »
Man I forgot... I got the picts off my phone. I have a crap load of picts from a few days. Really two threads. I told Blue I do a thing on the Vruk deal. You know a thing! Foeget abou it...
The cases after finishing porting, and doing the boost port fill in. I drilled loads of holes so the epoxy has a forever home. Just a scrap of waxed fiberglass to mold it till set

These are of it filled, and rough cut

One of those Oil pump plugs. I epoxied it in as well as made a stainless bracket yo bolt it in place. The epoxy was more to completely fill the void  from machining it in

Before and after intake, and cases...

The base gaskets, and spacer... The spacer is the bottom one. The other are OEM Kymco (trimmed), and Polini Aluminum base gasket. I think the total thickness is 1.8mm w/ sealers. It gave a .5mm squish, and the top ring is right at the base of the boost port. I got soo wrapped up in setting the hieght/making the spacer I forgot to take picts inside the jug. I did find one odd thing. On the right side transfer area of the piston I found there is a decent size cool spot where the raw fuel creates a pattern on the dome. It's called "wash" When 2t engine temps are right the cooler charge hits the dome making a sort of rainbow but no colors. Just gray. I did NOT see this on the left side. The side that would be closer to the intake! I also found a carbon stripe about the width of a pencil lead along the same side in the exhaust port. The ONLY residue in the engine.Maybe I'm too rich at some point, and the fuel is just flowing out along there. The Spectro oil leaves nothing behind so it must be the fuel. I never paid much attention to final jetting on the bike cause it was just run to break in the bore, and never at wot yet. Sooo All that wonder may be for nothing anyway.

Here's the cover drilled, and chamfered

The clutch set up... Using the Malossi red, and Stage 6 orange. I also installed two brass weights in each shoe. They are placed closest to the pivots. I under stand they make the shoes bite harder, and add of course to the force of the grap. We'll see.

The clutch is much lighter than the OEM too. I didn't weigh them but between the bell, and the clutch I bet it's between 1/4, and 1/3rd less weight. That combined with the urethane stuffed crank, and the inner rotor Ign has maybe taken 7-8lbs OFF the drive train, and added rpm's, as well as quicker throttle response. On paper this thing is a beast of a 78cc kit (thats the stroked total cc) I think it worked out to 78.3.

Didn't take picts of the var... It don't look fancy. Just a Var. I did have to shim.
Here's the Polini Primary, and the MHR gears from Steve... Thanks!!! Final drive 5.75:1. New bearings, washers/spacers, and the buffer.

Here it is... The only way Ive' ever done gears/bearings. Heat one, and the other runs.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 02, 2012, 09:07:55 AM »
Sorry they are all friggin sideways!!! I Turned them but it posts sideways...
Anyway....

Here's the whole deal to date...
http://photobucket.com/Zombiezx
http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj492/zombiemaking/Zx%20re-do/Instrument%20console/

Thanks guys! ;)

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 02, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »
Dang, man. Your documentation is absolutely priceless! So pretty....
sans scooter, rien

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 02, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
Thanks... The sideways bit is giving me convulsions! It's a royal pain doing Picts. but I enjoy seeing other peoples so I gotta show mine too. It's only fair.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 02, 2012, 09:26:27 AM »
Something I forgot to mention... I have stopped using rubber intake couplers, and hoses. Check out the intake coupler... Reinforced Vinyl. That stuff is unbreakable. I have another rubber coupler that failed on a customer. It's a friend of the people that had a TGB I repaired about a year ago. Same issue. Separated lining inside the coupler. Same material for the fuel line. The vacuum I still need to swap.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2012, 01:51:38 PM »
HOLY KODAK BATMAN......
Z posted pics.... :D
I see Josh fixed my old tester I sent back to him and now has a new home in FL.
Must be nice having a real tester... :D :D  ::)...(that tester is the reason Josh doesn't speak to me or about me any more.......Not on the forum anyway  ;)) I really hated that too... :'(

I am way behind on this thread. I didn't see why you even filled in the boost, guess I need to dig further back.
Sorry I've not been around much lately. Been a sh** summer...
DAM reading this makes me miss my Lil Red Z. I look at it and just sigh.  :'(
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
HOLY KODAK BATMAN......
Z posted pics.... :D
I see Josh fixed my old tester I sent back to him and now has a new home in FL.
Must be nice having a real tester... :D :D  ::)...(that tester is the reason Josh doesn't speak to me or about me any more.......Not on the forum anyway  ;)) I really hated that too... :'(

I am way behind on this thread. I didn't see why you even filled in the boost, guess I need to dig further back.
Sorry I've not been around much lately. Been a sh** summer...
DAM reading this makes me miss my Lil Red Z. I look at it and just sigh.  :'(

The tester you had checked out fine, so I'm not sure what/where the problem was.  It was sold the next day (after a lot of testing to make sure) at a discount since it was theoretically "used", and the new owner (here in NC)  couldn't be happier with it.  I'm not such a snob that I won't talk to you anymore dude.  :P  The trade we had in the works just wasn't working out mutually.  Water under the bridge.  I know you get mixed vibes from me here and there, but you gotta understand that I'm working 12-14 hour days (sometimes more) often and my availability is touch and go.  I love to help when I can though.

Zombie it looks good!  Keep up the nice work.  I see the new cylinder had a very different shape of boost port eh?

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2012, 03:13:44 PM »
It looks like you need a camera man too. I tried to get my girl to help but Id get her out there and start fiddling with one of the other bikes and some how shed just "disappear". I dont know if its ADD or THC that does it but I cant focus on taking pics long enough I guess.
If I posted pics it would be: zx50 Variator pics, how I shimmed it, that damn cats in the yard again, back to bike pics, triple springs for the clutch, I know I had jelly beans out here yesterday where did they go, Oh ya forgot to check the elites petcock, is the MB5 looking like its tilted, damn cats back in the yard, sh** where did the girlfriend go?
When your all done youre going to have to spend 10 hours getting the album in chronological order, crazy how time flies. Awesome work, gogogo!
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
I didn't see why you even filled in the boost, guess I need to dig further back.
Sorry I've not been around much lately.

That's the case I used for the Ruima jug. I took out a solid 4-5 cubic inches from that boost area to get the Boost to operate as the primary port. The Polini didn't come close to covering the hole. You could still drop a dime into the case with the Polini installed. Very different indeed.

I did forget to post alot of the steps involved as Love My pointed out it is impossible to concentrate on a thread/picts, and figure tolerances / port durations / timmings at the same time. 

The tester you had checked out fine, so I'm not sure what/where the problem was.  It was sold the next day (after a lot of testing to make sure) at a discount since it was theoretically "used", and the new owner (here in NC)  couldn't be happier with it.  I'm not such a snob that I won't talk to you anymore dude.  :P  The trade we had in the works just wasn't working out mutually.  Water under the bridge.  I know you get mixed vibes from me here and there, but you gotta understand that I'm working 12-14 hour days (sometimes more) often and my availability is touch and go.  I love to help when I can though.

Zombie it looks good!  Keep up the nice work.  I see the new cylinder had a very different shape of boost port eh?

~Josh

If you two don't play nicely together, and stop distracting me I will be forced to notify our mighty modulator. No one want that  now do they?

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »
Did you fabricate the coupler or are they available elsewhere?
Truly, man, the sideways ain't nothing when this documentation is so thorough.
sans scooter, rien

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2012, 01:27:29 AM »
HOLEY CVT BATMAN!!!

THOSE ARE A LOT OF HOLES!!! Guess I can't use that in the flood.....

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2012, 02:25:57 AM »
distracting me I will be forced to notify our mighty modulator. No one want that  now do they?

UH OH.. :o
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2012, 03:06:52 AM »
spell "condone".......

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2012, 03:08:51 AM »
spell "condone".......
:D...

Looks good zombie
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()