Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 66700 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #285 on: August 03, 2012, 03:12:18 AM »

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 03, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »
Thanks zombie, I got the programs Dling right now. Im heading out back to swap a zx engine onto a 89 elite. Its longer than the AF05e and AF16 that had been on it so far. But after Ill change the program to Exe, thanks again for the reading materials! Im currently trying to make an emulator test panel for that efi set up from baddi, Ill try to make a couple models for the program you sent too.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 04, 2012, 03:23:47 PM »
Thanks zombie, I got the programs Dling right now. Im heading out back to swap a zx engine onto a 89 elite. Its longer than the AF05e and AF16 that had been on it so far. But after Ill change the program to Exe, thanks again for the reading materials! Im currently trying to make an emulator test panel for that efi set up from baddi, Ill try to make a couple models for the program you sent too.

You are awesome Love My... We need some computer savvy people here... Obviously...

Hey Vivo... What does a bunch of jews holding a sign selling condoms have to do with scooters? ( I believe those are the White Hasidic ultra orthodox Palestinian jews) Still not really scoot story now is it~~~
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2012, 02:12:08 AM »
You are awesome Love My... We need some computer savvy people here... Obviously...

Hey Vivo... What does a bunch of jews holding a sign selling condoms have to do with scooters? ( I believe those are the White Hasidic ultra orthodox Palestinian jews) Still not really scoot story now is it~~~

sorry modulator...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2012, 04:35:40 AM »
No man My bad. I just finished beating up a Jehovah's Witness that got a little too pushy... He asked If I knew God. Sooo I had to belt him one. I'm sure you can see how the Hasids got me going?????  Peace be with you.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2012, 04:47:49 AM »
Got a bit more done... The frame. I was gonna sand blast but once I had it de greased it was in great shape. Just roughed it up w/ 180grit, and sealed it w/ clear poly. The finish coats are the same paint I used on the plastics but I darkened it a few shades to give some contrast.

Another issue w/ the HPI... The rotor taper is 1mm too big, and the fan adapter is missing from the kit. Called them Friday at 6pm eastern, and reached them at 10am their time. It's in the post... I have a source to borrow a tig this week so I will post that.

Latest picts. Sorry for all the sideways. I try to fix them but they don't stay fixed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 11, 2012, 01:36:05 AM »
Good news... The HPI parts came in today, (again), and all is well in Florida. The new cdi is perfect. The programs now save. They also included the fan adaptor that was missing from the first order, as well as the proper rotor. I talked to Willy about guestimate curves, and here is a screen shot of one. This is strictly a guess to test the program.

Here is a free degree tape I found thru Google. I have to bring home the flywheel to size it correctly. I also printed a degree wheel that I sealed to a dvd with clear spray paint. I'll post up picts of them both in use.

One final cool bit... Hippie Carl met a guy from Missouri that owns a Harley dealership. He took on a line of scooters about a year ago. Poor sales. Carl showed him the threads on the ZX build, and the guy wanted to meet. The idea of a complete custom build has been thrown down to get people interested in scooters in his area... I see either a NEW build for him, or the transfer of ownership of the ZX (for a nominal fee of course). This is pretty damn exciting for me. I'd LOVE to do a custom build for ANYONE never mind a dealer. I also have some interest in one of parts on both this, and SI forums. I may see the light at the end of the Boating tunnel. Don't want to count chickens before they hatch but I MUCH prefer building to maintaining.
Anyway you guys all rock. I appreciate all the love/hate/indifference. Whatever the result at the end of the day... Posting/hanging w/ you all is really the high point to any day.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 11, 2012, 01:41:31 AM »
..go zombie!...

..sieze that opportunity my brother..

;)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2012, 01:59:36 AM »
We are meeting tomorrow. I think a power lunch is in order... Martini Please!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 11, 2012, 02:04:53 AM »
...golden spectro with a olive on th side...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2012, 02:10:30 AM »
Garlic stuffed queen olives. Three in the drink, and keep them coming. One of my favorite lunches is a Cohiba, three martini's, and a pile of blue crab. After the third Martini, bring me a pitcher of beer. I'm gonna be here awhile.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2012, 02:14:45 AM »
and a pile of blue crab.

...i had crabs once..they werent blue, and they itched!!!..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2012, 02:32:38 AM »
I can't imagine... This MUST have been in the 80's. I haven't seen a pube in twenty years. Well not counting that "worlds biggest bush" vid. (just puked a little)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2012, 02:36:27 AM »
This MUST have been in the 80's. I haven't seen a pube in twenty years

..  +1

..yeah...82, i believe...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()