Author Topic: Purple Haze....all in my brain  (Read 27761 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Purple Haze....all in my brain
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2012, 04:12:48 AM »
My ppl takes off pretty similar to that

..my 01 50cc ppl was comparable to that...it wassa hoss..

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2012, 04:14:16 AM »
..i know, right...but dang...its working very nicely....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2012, 04:27:14 AM »
Seems like I always make things worse before they get better  :'(

That may be part of my reasoning :-\

I need to do something soon I know my rollers probably have huge flat spots by now, not to mention I'm still running the factory belt.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2012, 06:05:43 AM »
Sorry i dropped off last night but i remember someone mentioning the mtns in a post. ;)
I DO KNOW know why i sound the way I do. That sh** is nuts...I need to hush.  ;) :o

Just thouoght I'd share a shot of the mtns. Not the perfect shot but ok.. ;)
Sorry for the double shot post again....
I did try and take another top vid..... ::)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2012, 06:20:45 AM »
What a friggin Beautiful place. I love the coast but Mountains are a very close second.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2012, 07:34:23 AM »
Awesome!

That 2-stroke crackle in the background makes it even better  ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:36:44 AM by Peters »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2012, 04:29:09 AM »
Yo Batts! This may sound a bit Queer... You have one of those voices that belongs on a Hunting/Fishing Tv show... For real dude.
Nexzt on Wild North Carolina We're gonna show Ya'll how to make a temporary fish camp out of common scooter parts, and a few small pieces form your ol'e pick up. Y'all come back now, Hear!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2012, 04:36:53 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D

+1

He's definitely got the NC accent. I've grown up listening to "yal". Born in NC but my parents and siblings were all born in the NE. Mostly PA. I've actually grown to appreciate the "Southern culture" though.

What's that goofy guy that does the fishing show's name? Bill Dance. You could be another Bill Dance batman ;) :)
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2012, 06:52:17 AM »
Either that or sell some "Real down home barbaque sause"n   Love ya Batts!

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2012, 03:25:16 AM »
  Nothing to add really,but enjoyed reading the thread.I'm currently trying to tune,my CVT as well and the info here is interesting.It got me to thinking I may need a new clutch (OEM 20,000 kilimeters or so).mine has a weird lag off line somewhat and then it hit the powerband and rockets away hard.I put in the jasil red spring awhile back,but I'm thinking I could go to the next one up.I got my Green Mallossi spring and it was actually softer than the one I had.So I put the silver one back in (unsure what rpm or brand it is).I also installed a brand new OEM belt a couple days ago before doing anything else and it had higher top end at it did it at lower rpm,but the midrange and low end suffered badly.Not sure if a stiiffer contra would fix that or rollers...or both.Dang I'm confused now.I also think I may need to repack the pipe (technigas next-r),it's been on the bike almost two years now.Anyone know the recommened mileage they should be repacked at? The bike is driven at least 15 miles daily.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2012, 06:23:25 AM »
Loads of stuff... Get a stiffer contra. That may hold the lower gear longer for you. Lighter rollers are a maybe if you get the spring... Definite if you don't'.
The brand/type oil you use determines the time between repacking. 6 months is a LONG time for packing with cheap oil. If you can take the noise just remove it. The pipe revs higher without it. 500-1k rpm depending on your set up/bike

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2012, 12:52:53 AM »
  I have a bunch of stuff on order (springs,rollers etc) and hopefully that will allow me to tune a bit.I repacked it last night and it seems to rev a bit higher.It was pretty nasty and it was a royal bitch to seperate the outer shell from the middle section.I know my rollers are flat spotted which is part of the problem,and I'm thinking this may resolve most of my issues.It's not bad,it revs great,it's just when it hits a hills it need sto "downshift" more.I'm hoping the Malossi yellow is stiffer than this green one.....anyone want to buy it,brand new only ran like two miles and switched back out.
  I thought removing all the packng would create a no backpressure problem and the engine not run properly or need to be tuned etc? I'm not much of an engine guy so I really hate to mess with trying to jet or anything,although I'm sure It could help me alot.As far as oil I use Maxima Premium 2,it's a pretty descent synthetic and it's all I've ever used in it.It's uppossed to burn really clean which is maybe why i went so long without repacking.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2012, 12:57:14 AM »
No packing creates a faster stronger pulse in the pipe. It Could lean you just a bit. You should be able to compensate for that with the Idle mix screw.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
I need to repack my pipe. I'm starting to get some exhaust rattle at mid-range rpms.
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2012, 01:12:33 AM »
If there are any fiberglass shops near by... Get a bag full of scrap cuts, and stuff them in. Free packing.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()