Author Topic: kymco suspension  (Read 1078 times)

kymcopolska

• View Profile
kymco suspension
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:51:15 PM »
would a 04 cobra shock fit my zx50 super fever?   it looks similar?   

kymcopolska

• View Profile
Re: kymco suspension
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
Does anybody know the stock length of the shock on the zx50?

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
I can measure the OEM ZX shock if you would like.......Happened to have one hanging on the wall.

The cobra shock will fit yes. It is bigger than the zx but still smaller than the s9 shock..
I used a s9 shock and needed to file away casing from the engine case shock mount to allow clearance for the shock... The shock rubbed the rear tire.
I'm THINKING you'd be ok with the cobra shock and not need any additional filing done.
If i am not mistaken the cobra shock is about the same length as the zx shock, it's just a bit thicker and prettier to look at... :D
The S9 on the other hand gave a 2" lift in the rear, which i love. No need for a riser with that one. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

kymcopolska

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
yeah i figured the length would be the same but the thickness was the part i was worrying about...the stock one is pretty close to the oil tank at the top but ill try to fix my old one and maybe save myself some money

kymcopolska

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:45:13 AM »
My zx50 shock is about an inch smaller then the cobra..the cobra shock has 11.5inches from eye to eye..while the zx50 has 10.5inches...which is good because im a pretty big guy so a bigger shock would do me well

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()