Author Topic: Fixing a yup 50, Other parts that fit this bike ? (questions and pictures inside  (Read 1289 times)

colourcode

• View Profile
Hi folks will upload pics and questions now on the way to work from mobile, in the hope you can help me! :(

colourcode

• View Profile
RIGHT HOPEFULLY THIS WILL GOD DAMN WORK!

colourcode

• View Profile
2 main questions how do i get the steering to line up? because the bolt won't go in because the steering doesn't seem to match up with the wheel.

Also, what can i do about that rear indicator because i got quoted £40 + postage for it today from my dealer, and i don't think i can get it from stadium yamaha because that is in the US.

To let you yanks know, £40 is around 63 dollars, thats mad for an indicator! Is there a bike with a similair indicator that will fit?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
I think your steering stem is twisted. You mat be able to see the weld along the length of the stem. It should be dead on straight.
I would try Stadium, and mention the forum Perhaps a phone call, and they can lead you to a local dealer at a better price. They have always had our backs.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

colourcode

• View Profile
but im uk thats us >(

Shaka

• View Profile
Take a dremel and grind the hole in the stem bigger so the wedge fits in there....that's what I'd do.  Otherwise shell out the cash for new parts.  I prefer to make things work.  ;)

colourcode

• View Profile
which part the outer stem or inner piece?

Shaka

• View Profile
I think I would do the outer stem.  Or try and run a long rod through the inner hole, since that is probably what is actually twisted, and try to rotate the steer tube back into position.  I believe the steertube is press fit into the fork crown, that is probably what got rotated.  Or you can try and knock the steertube out of the crown and repress it back in straight.  Just throwing out some diffenent options.  Have you checked that the fork legs are aligned?  Just trying to figure out what part is bent?  Did you have a crash?  What caused it to get bent?

colourcode

• View Profile
hit kerb going round a roundabout, It's still pissed! i loosened the yokes off today and bashed it against a wall and its a touch better but still pissed :( when the wheel is straight the yokes aren't perfectly in line (parallel), i did the bearings today but the steering is still pissed :( Starting to get me down :( want the moped back on the road ASAP buut this steering problem is really holding me up! is there a moped that uses the same rear indicators also?

Many thanks guys its killing me LOL

Shaka

• View Profile
You may have bent one of the stanchion tubes.  Find a reference point somewhere on the frame.  Measure from that point to the top of the crown, where the stanchions are clamped in.  Align the crown so that both sides are equi-distance from that reference point.  Now measure from your reference point to the front axle on both sides.  It should be the same distance....if not the stanchions are bent.  I had that happen to the Chinese scoot I referenced about the headset bearings.  I had access to a fork jig and managed to straighten it...I know of no one else with the capability to do that, so that's not really an option for you.  :-\   Actually, it was the crown that was bent, just remembered...either way you need to figure out what exactly is out of alignment.

colourcode

• View Profile
if thats the case i can buy newforks and yokes for around £25 off someone that are dry and straight so i will do so if its the case.

Thanks for the help shaka ill measure up tomorrow, I'll try and get some more pics up to show you all of it but this forum doesnt allow pics very well its a pain in the aris!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()