Author Topic: Check Engine Light Blinks  (Read 14976 times)

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
Check Engine Light Blinks
« on: May 23, 2012, 02:15:05 AM »
Good Evening All,
 It's nice to be back. Work has slowed, and I'm able to actually "enjoy" life again. I look forward to participating in this forum again.
 Quick question: My check engine light blinks when I turn the engine switch to on, and pull in the rear break lever. It blinks 5 times and then shuts off. I can not turn on the engine, let go of the break lever, then pull in the break lever again and it blinks again. When I'm riding, the light never comes on. Is this normal?

I've checked my owners manual, and it's not exactly clear. Honest, I never noticed this until a couple of weeks ago so it could have been happening all along. But I'd like the piece of mind of those saying "Chill out, dude, your scooter is fine. GO RIDE!"

Thanks!

PBAS

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

racewalker

• View Profile
Re: Check Engine Light Blinks
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:02:13 AM »
I can't find a 5 code. On my DT it starts with 6 and indicates throttle position censer fault. If it was a one time thing you should be able to clear it. Put the bike on center stand, side stand up, kill switch in run, turn on ignition. After 10 seconds turn throttle to full for 10 seconds then release. after 5 seconds light should blink twice half second apart. Turn key off and the light should be cleared. If not 2 other options, take to dealer and have him diagnose it. unhooking the battery will clear all faults but if the problem still existes it will come on again. hope this helps. 
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
I can't find a 5 code. On my DT it starts with 6 and indicates throttle position censer fault. If it was a one time thing you should be able to clear it. Put the bike on center stand, side stand up, kill switch in run, turn on ignition. After 10 seconds turn throttle to full for 10 seconds then release. after 5 seconds light should blink twice half second apart. Turn key off and the light should be cleared. If not 2 other options, take to dealer and have him diagnose it. unhooking the battery will clear all faults but if the problem still existes it will come on again. hope this helps. 

Thanks Racewalker! I was able to clear it. I did notice it actually blinks 4 times, not 5(i originally counted when the light first came on for a few seconds, but it definitely only blinks 4 times).
Do you have a code at hand for a 4 code?

Thanks Again for the help!

PBAS

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
My codes start at 6 and go every 3. If you are wiling to spend a little I would recommend you check out Cyclepedia Press and see if they have an on line book for your bike. I purchased a life time one for mine and have used it a lot. Well worth the money.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

CapnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
Here is what I have for a 4 code,
4 P1121 TPI range fault.
1.Does confirming the TPS deal with
contact, connect line and haven't
moved and short circuit?
2.If still appear an abnormality,
depend on to change whether the
new article process confirmation
reduce expenses a valve body TPS
abnormality or not?
That's direct from the Kimco Manual. I think they need to spend some $'s and hire an English speaking tech writer.
2 wheels is 2 wheels, But China Ain't Taiwan.

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »
Here is what I have for a 4 code,
4 P1121 TPI range fault.
1.Does confirming the TPS deal with
contact, connect line and haven't
moved and short circuit?
2.If still appear an abnormality,
depend on to change whether the
new article process confirmation
reduce expenses a valve body TPS
abnormality or not?
That's direct from the Kimco Manual. I think they need to spend some $'s and hire an English speaking tech writer.

Thank you for that. I agree, they need to spend money on someone who is fluent in English. Yikes  :o
I'm left with somewhat of an answer in that the throttle position sensor could be the issue.
Now, I've downloaded the manual and I cannot find where these codes are. I'm going to try again.
Interestingly, I've re-set the light a couple of days ago and it hadn't come on... until this morning. Now it's blinking 7 times. LOL I'm thinking a thousand or more miles per month isn't good for my scooter? It shouldn't make a difference though.
Thanks again!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

CapnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »
I haven't been able to find the service manual online. A local dealer was kind enough to send me a PDF copy of the fuel section. 7 blinks = 7 P0110 Air temperature sensor fault. If you have multiple faults they blink, short pause then blink the next code. Hope this helps.

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »
I haven't been able to find the service manual online. A local dealer was kind enough to send me a PDF copy of the fuel section. 7 blinks = 7 P0110 Air temperature sensor fault. If you have multiple faults they blink, short pause then blink the next code. Hope this helps.

I was worried the error would say, "Your engine is crap, tough luck buddy."   ;D
I can deal with a sensor or two. Thanks for the knowledge.
Here is a manual I downloaded for the Yager. There are slight variations based upon the US version and the Dink version that is offered elsewhere; but it's still very informative and translates nearly 100%.
Torque values and other measurements may have to be calculated depending on what measurement you use, but those calculators are all online.

Kymco Dink 200 EN

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

CapnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »
Thanks, I just downloaded that manual. It will come in handy, I did have that version for the dink 125. The factory repair manual goes into a lot more depth, there's 55 pages in the fuel section alone.

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »
Engine is very useful part for each and every type of vehicles. Here I get such nice details about engine. People should check engine light in vehicles for run proper vehicle long time.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
Engine is very useful part for each and every type of vehicles. Here I get such nice details about engine. People should check engine light in vehicles for run proper vehicle long time.

LOL....the engine is a very useful part.....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »
I give you alot of credit Alex! Where are you from?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 08:21:50 PM »
Yeah, Alex, glad to have you. Don't mind Dave. He gets like that every now and then when we let him out! He is really a good guy with a great sense of humor.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 04:14:20 AM »
lol, yea I get that way, old age lol, where you from Alex?

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 05:26:19 AM »
I think he's Spanish speaking.... ;)

Hola Homes! De donde eres señor?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:42:15 AM by Vivo »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()