Author Topic: Need Help with CVT Issue...  (Read 12594 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help with CVT Issue...
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
You may figure this out but you turn the Air screw until you get the highest rpm's . Lower the rpm's back to normal idle using the Idle set screw, and re do the mix screw until you have the BEST idle. That is the setting. From THERE count how many turns out it is.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

obz

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 02:42:27 AM »
Thanks Zombie.  Okay everything seems to be running way better.  Bottom seems good, top seems good.  Middle range, not-so-much.  If I try and rev at about 1/2 throttle when slowing down it still bogs.  I know that's the needle, but is it running to lean or rich?  Should I try the thinner needle for this carb?  You think that would help?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »
Indeed needles do make a HUGE difference. I just bought a ten pack from Treatland. My jetting was fine top, and bottom but 1/2 still bogged. I tried a tiny tipped thin needle, and it got worse. I then used the fattest needle, and like magic all is well in 1/2 throttle land.
I would suggest an assortment.
Glad to hear you have the rest sorting out. It feels good to get it right. Right before something else F's up! ;)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »
...was the belt a oem "Bando" belt?

..with oem cvt, a 729-18-28 will work nicely..

..you must remove the drive boss restriction, if it's there..

..does it sound like it's revving really high??

..if so, then someone may have de-restricted the cdi, and not the drive boss, which is very baad....

..check out this thread...

"http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=6133.30"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:16:14 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

obz

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
I haven't done any derestrictions yet.  Both the CDI and drive boss are still restricted.  The drive boss is on its way.  No it doesn't sound like the RPMs are super high.  If anything it seems like it's revving low.  Definately not upwards of 10K RPM's. 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 05:08:39 AM »
The best thing you can do from here is to install a 1500 contra spring. That will increase your rpm's, and give an all around better feel to the bike. I would do that along with the boss, and cdi de-restrict

obz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »
What RPM band should this 70cc kit be running in?  Doesn't the CDI restrict to 8000 or so RPMs?  I know my CBR red lines at about 11K RPMs but I wouldn't think these little scooters are the same are they?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 06:09:39 AM »
What kit is it? Most GOOD kits run 10k no problem. The cdi indeed will taper off power after 9k on the people. It's a timing thing but with a Performance kit you can spin upwards of 12k. I have a Corsa that I have to throttle back after my tach tops out. I still don't have all the parts installed to really see how far it will rev.

obz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 02:51:28 PM »
I have the Malossi 70cc kit.  Another completly unrelated question, should I be mixing my gas rather than using the oil pump? 

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »
Absolutely
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 12:27:45 AM »
The Malossi sport makes its power between 7500, and 8500 rpm. With just the kit, and a mid pipe the injector is fine. I ran the same set up for 3 years until the bore was so worn it started snapping piston skirts. So the pump or 50:1/35:1 premix is fine. Your cdi will be good as well unless you do some porting on the jug to raise the power band.

obz

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 12:32:55 AM »
I've got a 19mm carb and after market pipe, I don't mind mixing it.  I suppose you just unhook the throttle cable from the oil pump and just mix it, right?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 12:39:16 AM »
You Have to remove the pump, and replace it with a milled plug, or grind off the gear on the pump, and reinstall it with a new O ring. Otherwise the pump will spin till it burns up it's seals

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 03:20:40 AM »
I need to do that. My pump still spins dry.

What happens, eventually it starts pulling in air?
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 03:23:04 AM »
Yes. The internal seal fails, and next the piston.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()