Author Topic: 2 stroke  (Read 3834 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 2 stroke
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
You can carry a jog in your wallet tho. Those F'ers are TINY. I had one that I gave away. I'm not a fan of fast 10" wheeled scoots.
But they do have the BEST engines you can buy. Dilemma?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 12:50:24 AM »
I'm not a fan of fast 10" wheeled scoots.

..i repaired and rode, slightly sped-up one this past week...

...rides lika rock...or a wagon...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 01:32:08 AM »
The one I had ... It was tempting to put down my feet to stabilize it in high a speed wobble. I was only doing 50ish, and it scared the sh** out of me. All I could see was getting hurt on a kids "wagon". So I gave it to another marine mechanic in town. He rides it once or twice a month. They are TINY.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 01:33:08 AM »
..YES!!!...

..that ..WIGGLE-WOBBLE  thing...

..very annoying...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 01:39:01 AM »
Thuthfully I am a little scared of the ZX right now. I have opened it up with just the Next pipe, and OEM cdi. It goes right to the edge of the speedo but starts to shake at the same point. It's all forward/back in the steering tube but I am deadly afraid of over the top crashes. I usually don't walk away from those. I'll HAVE to build a brace before running wot. It will be done before you all get down here. It's a new Priority.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »
..i have a hard time riding a zx, even at 50...

..my legs dont fit right...lol...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 01:51:56 AM »
I keep them straight forward. So when I have to bail it is on my terms. That's why I don't ride rice rockets. I don't like the face first approach.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 01:55:04 AM »
....its head first or not at all!!..

..i ride with my feet on the rear pegs..so i can make lika ninja when needed...

;D

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 04:25:24 AM »
That's the one thing I could say I dislike about the Jog, the wheel size. But zippin around on a little rocket like that is a blast. Oh yea, the purple 80's nickelodeon decals are not so cool either I guess...
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »
Going to look at a 2 stroke to night its a cheetah 50 but it has a 70 cc big bore in it.
Dont normly like bore kits some scoots cant handle it and the crank gets bent. But its worth a look.
Help me out fast on this guys Im going tonight to look at it.What should I be looking for when geting a older 2 stroke.its a 05 all plastic in fare shape only thing not working is the tail lights that I can fix.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:16:58 PM by blue »

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »
Compression test it for sure, and look at the base of the Carb, intake, head and cylinder base. Youre looking for a lot of oil pooled up. If so it has leaks. 2005 is newer than any scoot I own so i would love to have one. Old and scary to me is my 89 honda elite.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 10:19:03 PM »
Same thing I always do... Show up an hour late. Have a compression gauge in hand. DON"T let them start it.
Do a qiuck compression test cold. You want at LEAST 120psi on the gauge. Then YOU start it. If it is in perfect shape it will fire right up. If something has to be wiggled, or you need two people to tell you how to start it there may be issues. If it has a center stand... Rev it to the top on the stand to look for a bent axle. The bike will walk all over the place if it is bent. then test ride. NAIL IT. Listen for anything odd. Cruise it, and see how it tracks. Loosen your grip to see if it will follow a straight line

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 03:06:22 AM »
I much more familiar with the 4t's, how many miles/kilometers do you think could be expected out of a good 2t engine?
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 03:11:26 AM »
I think 30,000 km's is a good point to start having to check things. It's much less maintenance than a 4t. That's if it set up well.

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 03:20:56 AM »
Wow, I was suspecting less than 20k. I know it's not a question with an absolute answer though... I can't wait to start getting into the 2t world... ohh the mishaps and adventures that await!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()