Author Topic: ..it's blowing UP!!..  (Read 9534 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: ..it's blowing UP!!..
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »
Well, the Danish forum, where i mainly hang out is only moderated in the form that headlines will have to explain what the topic of the post is about and that every sentence will have to be started with a capitol letter and ended with either a single dot, ?, ! or a smiley, so no multiple dots here.
After that rules, a headline "..it's blowing UP!!.." is stricktly forbidden,

..punctuation police...gimme a fuk'n braek!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »

.............i AgReE!!!!!..............

I have browsed other scooter forums in the past looking for info on things and found some of them are WAY too anal, the Asprilla forum is a classic example. I want no part of anything as strict as that on posts. I prefer to keep things relaxed like a normal human conversation rather than talking in robotic terms on some crusty old boring forum :-\

If things got too strict it will only stifle responses and replies. I have learned just as much from unrelated posts in threads that had nothing to do with the original topic.

In fact, in a way, by discussing this on this thread we are now "going off the original topic"  ???

I say leave it as is or if anything set up a "clubhouse chat" thread for general chatter. Still tho i dont want someone butting into conversations telling me "GET BACK ON TOPIC OR GET BANNED", not for me im afraid, i hate rules  >:(
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 11:15:40 AM »
Well, the Danish forum, where i mainly hang out is only moderated in the form that headlines will have to explain what the topic of the post is about and that every sentence will have to be started with a capitol letter and ended with either a single dot, ?, ! or a smiley, so no multiple dots here.
After that rules, a headline "..it's blowing UP!!.." is stricktly forbidden,

So you feel attacked? Then it must have hit a nerve.

I'm not out to hit you or anything, i just think that your attemts to make the "layout" of your posts more interesting or personal or whatever might be your reason, it has an attitude which doesn't seem serious at all. But I dont think that the punctuation is a great problem, as other might think, but i think that it is a problem that posts are so unserious.

Example: when someone asks for something about variators, and a new post is added to that thread, i will read every post, hoping for someones experiences or knowlage about variators, but often (Very often) the last 25 posts are just you guys chatting, and thats a waste of mine and all others time, that we will have to read it all. Perhaps this is why there are so many reposts of the same questions, as people have given up on reading. Once i even saw 5 posts where you and the other top posters posted just a couple of dots for a post or three, and the last post in that combo was "Soon i'll have more posts than word" or something like that.
Shouldn't that kind of thing not belong in a seperate forum?

So when the agility 50 forum is on the top of most posted forums on this site, it's not because that there are so much more information to find on this model or on this forum, but because it is filled with stuff belonging elsewere.

[...]
I say leave it as is or if anything set up a "clubhouse chat" thread for general chatter. Still tho i dont want someone butting into conversations telling me "GET BACK ON TOPIC OR GET BANNED", not for me im afraid, i hate rules  >:(

I don't want that either, as it would be a mood killer, but if we had some rules that people (especially top posters, which in many cases defines the whole forum) had in the back of their head, then it wouldn't be neccersary. :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
So you feel attacked? Then it must have hit a nerve.

I'm not out to hit you or anything, i just think that your attemts to make the "layout" of your posts more interesting or personal or whatever might be your reason, it has an attitude which doesn't seem serious at all

..not at all!!..i feel nothing, no nerves, that's just your perception..

..i'm not always serious, and if you don't like how i "layout" my posts, that's okay with me!!

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 06:36:35 PM »
Gentlemen, I'll be brief.

You lot are highly entertaining, even if I have to wade through a tedious repetition of boring and anal retentive opinions from Denmark.

I love following a careening thread as it snakes up the dragon's tail and winds ever closer to the edge of the cliff, leaning hard to scrape pegs and slash corners, wild and free with all restrictors removed.

Carry on Kymco.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
Gentlemen, I'll be brief.

You lot are highly entertaining, even if I have to wade through a tedious repetition of boring and anal retentive opinions from Denmark.

I love following a careening thread as it snakes up the dragon's tail and winds ever closer to the edge of the cliff, leaning hard to scrape pegs and slash corners, wild and free with all restrictors removed.

Carry on Kymco.

:D :) :)

Well said
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 08:02:07 PM »

NEW TOPICS    NEW POSTS    NEW MEMBERS    MOST ONLINE

May  2012      265                  4027               122                    94
April  2012      248               3750               135                   149

..MOST EVER TOPICS AND POSTS!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »
baddi

Got one, crashed. Got another one, compared them.

« Reply #9 on: Today at 04:54:28 AM »   Quote

Not to be a moodkiller or anything, but most of the posts made in Agility 50 forum are way off topic and have very little in common with that scooter or motors in general, so even that there are more posts, the forum are not becoming more informative, but it is becoming harder to find the informative posts in between all the off topic and private small-talk.

Report to moderator    Logged

First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 3000+ km

Vivo

« Reply #10 on: Today at 05:00:10 AM »   Quote

Maybe we really need interventions from a moderator?

You two need to smoke something, and stay off the valuable scooter word pages with non sense about Modulaters, and Hippie Weeds. Them are guud lurnun words on them about scooter stuffs and related things of such said scooters
What makes it so good is as was pointed out... posts get answered in minutes... Who cares what happened three months later. If chit chat is an issue there are other sterile sites.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »
You two need to smoke something, and stay off the valuable scooter word pages with non sense about Modulaters, and Hippie Weeds. Them are guud lurnun words on them about scooter stuffs and related things of such said scooters
What makes it so good is as was pointed out... posts get answered in minutes... Who cares what happened three months later. If chit chat is an issue there are other sterile sites.

..+1

8)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 12:53:47 AM »
..i dunno, maybe some people are just afraid to ask a question, and would rather dig to find answers..

..i'm trying to give the benefit of a doubt..

::)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 12:58:23 AM »
Report to moderator    Logged

..aint that a shame...

..it's not the only one, either...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 01:13:10 AM »
It's all good... I'll move my ~'s to another stuffy old cubical, and jack their sh** too. I kinda admire our fearless founder/leader. This forum does die down in winter months but slams balls in the spring.
I can't really get why someone would care about any of this. It's a friggin forum! People from all over the globe convene here to help others, and chat! I say we all post a ban on people that want bans. Anyone that bitches about off topic crap after the OP has been answered has to sit in front of their monitor for one hour without typing. Just sit, and wish someone would talk TO you instead of AT you.
 Well in all fairness we are the bottom feeders here. But we are also the ones that help repair/mod the most scoots on the forum. So in essence that means the drunk stoners are better people (in general/by FAR) than the Hooide Tooidies. We care down here, and we all know what that hole is for (but won't tell). See WE ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE! (except each other)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 01:21:38 AM »
But we are also the ones that help repair/mod the most scoots on the forum.

..it's a forum...we help, we have fun...if somebody has a question, we answer it pretty quickly, i think..

..if i needed to know a thing, i would first, ask a question, since i'm searching inna forum...

..this is NOT a F.A.Q. database..never haS BEEN, AND WON'T EVER BE.. and dang...why worry about searching if you can just ask...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 01:33:20 AM »
Ok enough of that sh**! How about a round up in Carrabelle! Slinger, and I have been talking about meeting up down here the last week in August. Labor day weekend! I have a friend That owns an RV park right on the Carra. River mouth. He has two 4 man cabins, and fifty or so lots. I have booked one cabin for that weekend. Anyone else interested PLEASE post it.
I live/work here, and I can tell you it is OLD SCHOOL down here. The town is 1 mile long with 2 gas stations 2 bars 1 super market, and a pharmacy. No traffic lights, cool cops, and 100 miles in three directions to ride. The other direction is saved for boating, and I have plenty of boats to use.
I'm not thinking of a big ordeal, just a bunch of forum friends chilling in one of the best scooter riding places I have ever been.
Post up! Even if you are just day dreaming... It may turn into something to tell the grandkids about!

Is this on topic? I forget...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 01:44:14 AM »
...you know me...it's MY THREAD!!...here we go!!!!

..i'm already in for the last week of august, thru the labor day weekend..in the process of securing scoot transportation from central NC, to carabelle, and back...for 5-6? scoots total...

..think zombie has a good lead onna cool site to crash...NOT THE SCOOTS!!...lol..

..i'm in bro, its gonna happen!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:48:54 AM by wordslinger »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()