Author Topic: Newbie saying Hi  (Read 4461 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

The Rookie

• View Profile
Re: Newbie saying Hi
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
Thanks Zombie, try and figure it out now!

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 01:22:24 PM »
If its got a Malossi Multivar fitted then jts prob got a Malossi 1000rpm spring (white) as this normally comes with the variator in a kit.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 12:34:24 PM »
I don't think the CDI makes much difference in a 50cc scooter.  I cut the stock one on our 2008 Agility 50 and it raised the max RPM from 7000 to 9000.  It gave a little extra power for getting up hills and only 2mph more of top speed.  I think the restricted boss makes the scooter too slow for urban traffic, but I understand that letting a new rider go 40mph is scarey.  This is what my 16 year old did to himself at only 20kmh http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=6606.0

The best way to keep her safe is practice and protection.  Always ride with a full face helmet, gloves, armoured jacket, pants and boots that go over the ankle.

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 06:27:52 PM »
Thanks for that, well the CDI unit is re-restricted and refitted now. Full face helmet, armoured jacket and gloves all bought, we have to keep practical on footwear and trousers, so she's getting a substantial pair of conventional trainers.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 06:43:59 PM »
Did she do her cbt yet?

They'll prob tell her there but just in case, always slow down in the rain and leave more space to the car in front in case you need to brake quickly. You cant take corners at the same speed in the wet as in the dry.

Im sure when youre around she will ride nice and calm but we both know when nobody is looking........... ::)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »
Did she do her cbt yet?

They'll prob tell her there but just in case, always slow down in the rain and leave more space to the car in front in case you need to brake quickly. You cant take corners at the same speed in the wet as in the dry.

Im sure when youre around she will ride nice and calm but we both know when nobody is looking........... ::)
LOL CBT in 2 weeks (day after her 16th Birthday), she's been practicing in the back garden and then dropped it last night when riding on wet grass and locking the front wheel, hopefully lesson learnt with minimal damage!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »
Told you  :D

Be carefull of the grit at the edge of the road too, its deadly, especially on bends  :o
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 02:53:44 AM »
Told you  :D

Be carefull of the grit at the edge of the road too, its deadly, especially on bends  :o
use the back brake more then the front.

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 07:19:16 AM »
Yes I'm a cyclist, both commuting and off road, so know all about it, getting a 16 year old to listen of course is a different matter!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »
 getting a 16 year old to listen of course is a different matter!
[/quote]

That says it all ...................

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »
Thanks for that, well the CDI unit is re-restricted and refitted now. Full face helmet, armoured jacket and gloves all bought, we have to keep practical on footwear and trousers, so she's getting a substantial pair of conventional trainers.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kernow70

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »
Just cut my 2010 agility CDi and intially it thought there was no differance then I cut nervously deeper! The fact you are cutting an integeral part of the bike makse you very nervous.

Guess what... It worked!! The differance is quite amazing! If you dont see the wire go deeper. I think my wire was quite deep AND I got my daughter to film it so she will put a You tube Vid up today.

30mph up hills. 40 to 45 top speed (I dont want any more)

I also changed the Boss for £10.00
5.5g rollers £7.00
two sizes up on the Main jet £3.00
Cut the CDI £2.00 for a hacksaw.

Just will upgrade clucth springs next week. I reckon I will be happy then and can keep up with traffic and go up hills!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »
That is how it all works. One poster restricting, and the next de-restricting. Gotta love Kymco's

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
That is how it all works. One poster restricting, and the next de-restricting. Gotta love Kymco's

Helps balance out the universe  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()