Author Topic: Dr Pulley Rollers voids warranty?  (Read 1255 times)

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
Dr Pulley Rollers voids warranty?
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »
Hello All,
 So my check engine light has come on (and subsequently stopped flashing after I cleaned the crap out of my Yager), and I had to call the shop to get it in for a diagnostic.
 I'd recently added in some dr pulley weights, but I wasn't going to tell the shop that. Instead, I told them I had just gotten them in and wanted to put them in, but I didn't know if it would void my warranty. The gentleman said that it would, indeed, void the scooter warranty because they are not Genuine Kymco Rollers.
 Is the opinion the same for other dealers in your areas on roller weights? Meaning, if they aren't a Genuine Kymco roller, then it voids the warranty?

Thanks,

PBAS

PS I actually argued a bit, since my owners manual says using gasoline treated with ethanol will void your warranty. In Vermont, the only thing available is gasoline treated with ethanol. So I told him that all Kymco's sold in Vermont were void of any warranty upon sale. I was just trying to rile the guy up, because the roller weights should not void the warranty IMO. Turned in to some laughs, though.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Dr Pulley Rollers voids warranty?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »
Since there have been some reported cases of the sliders wearing out very soon
(sometimes due to improper installation, sometimes not), a lot of people ended
up with a damaged CVT.

..and you'd probably expect to get a new CVT when that happens, right?

In most cases, removing any bolt on the bike will void your warranty.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Ronnath

• View Profile
Re: Dr Pulley Rollers voids warranty?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »
Section 5 of your warranty should answer your question:

5. Limitations: This warranty shall not apply to or include any of the following:
…
…
…
d. Damage caused by modifications made to the vehicle to increase performance.
…
…
(etc.)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()