Author Topic: Aftermarket mirrors ,grips , and stuff  (Read 7080 times)

subwoffer

• View Profile
Aftermarket mirrors ,grips , and stuff
« on: May 25, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
Hi !
Just found this forum , and I'm rally glad because it is one of the few that is still active.
Anyway, I have a question :

I had plans to change my mirrors to aftermarket nice looking ones , but could not find info about thE size of the screw. Is it 10 or 8 mm??  And both of them gettin loose against the clock am I right ?

P.s
Sorry for my English , I'm from Israel .

P.s.s

This is the first Visual mod I've made , after a really easy slide on the side , I've decided to make an overall paint job , not too much , but still breaking the Default design

http://campl.us/cor8thBqxiK
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:26:57 PM by subwoffer »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermarket mirrors , screw size
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »
Real nice Subwoffer. I like the creative flair. Your mirror bolts/studs are 8mm clockwise. Yamaha is the only scooter I know of that uses reverse threads. So yes against the clock to loosen.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

subwoffer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 03:06:46 AM »
Thank you very much ! Will be posting pics soon !:)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »
What's the other bike with the cover?

subwoffer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »
R1

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:23:29 AM »

subwoffer

• View Profile
Re: Aftermarket mirrors ,grips , and stuff
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »
hey , does anybody know any kind of brands for aftermarket grips?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »
7/8" is the bar size. I bought some ebay grips for two bikes, and am quite happy with them 8.00 USD
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=7%2F8%22+grips&_sacat=0
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

subwoffer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
wow, cool , thanks for the link .
i hope theres some a bit more high standart grips, i would like to purchase quality item .

BTW , how hard to install them ? and what about the weights ? i suppose they're not necessary ?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 11:23:42 PM »
The grips I bought are http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-Handlebar-CNC-Rubber-Gel-Grips-Motorbike-Street-Dirt-Bike-MX-Dresser-Bobber-/180892576522?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1e09ab0a&vxp=mtr  Both pair.
They are fine. I didn't use the little ends cause I have bar end mirrors. If they last one year I'll be happy.
To change them I use a thin screw driver to push in between the old grip, and the bar. Once an airspace is opened I use dish soap to lube it, and twist it off. I then use Gasoline to lube the new grip. It softens the rubber, and Melts it in place.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »
Yep! you are right. The right grip is bigger cause of the throttle. Mine had splines on the throttle tube that I filed off. It made installing the metal covers easier.
Nice Grips!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 03:08:00 AM »
hope theres some a bit more high standart grips, i would like to purchase quality item .

There's Arlen Ness, Kuryakyn brands and dirt bike styles like Pro Grip, Renthal, Scott, etc.
They're more expensive tho.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 03:21:09 AM »
Yeah There is some nice stuff out there... http://japan.webike.net/ You can spend hours just looking at this site alone. They have some of the real top stuff.

subwoffer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
Yeah There is some nice stuff out there... http://japan.webike.net/ You can spend hours just looking at this site alone. They have some of the real top stuff.

some wicked stuff on this site , makes my eyes shine  but , i see no search by KYMCO brand  ( the " exhaust " type of air filter really got mine attention ) ( posted this comment in a wrong thread :D )

do you have any familiar webshops with some unique stuff , as i already said = filters , accessories and stuff

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()