Author Topic: touring?  (Read 5315 times)

duesouth

• View Profile
Re: touring?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 02:18:18 PM »
However, I wouldn't ride it stock since WOT throttle will
only give 5500-6000 revs,

I rode nearly WOT a lot, another reason why to not to do that, is the tire. It was shot at the end and it wasn't that bad at the beginning. Wish someone made a nice dual compound radial for the smaller sizes.

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 03:19:57 AM »

First lag of my trip is done. Arrived in Winnipeg man. 18:30 sask time. With breaks and fuel about 11 hours for the 800 km trip. Very windy all day off front corner.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 03:22:54 AM »
Tomorrow off to thunder bay ont. again about 800 km. just charging all the camera battery's and downloading all the video.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 01:18:41 AM »

Broke down about 124k from Sault Ste. Marie yesterday. Got caa to take me and the scooter the rest of the way. Got in about midnight. Replaced the belt this morning but needed help getting the peaces out of the back pulley. Back on the road by noon today. That would have put me in Ottawa about midnight so I stopped at North Bay and will go on in to Ottawa tomorrow morning.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 02:26:10 AM »
Ouch..  Glad to see it didn't take too long to get rolling again.  How many miles were on the belt when it let go?
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »
Ouch..  Glad to see it didn't take too long to get rolling again.  How many miles were on the belt when it let go?
4 thousand k. Not sure if it is a bad belt or from over loading the system. I have a new belt on and picking up a spare today here in Ottawa. see if I make the 3000 km going home with out trouble. I have all the tools to replace it along the road now so shouldn't be to much of a issue.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »
Got home last Monday, haven't had much time to get on here yet. I am sure the belt that broke was defective. I have about 5000 km on this one with no problems yet. I did come home with out the saddle bags but do not think they had any barring on the problem. All in all the trip was good, 4.5 days out and 3.5 back. It is going to take a while to get the pictures up tho. I have about 100 hours for recording to go through to get anything worth looking at.
I road for an hour then stopped for a break, rode for another hour and got fuel, another hour and a break. Did the whole trip this way. Had a bit of problem with mussels in my neck but that is just from not doing this kind of riding before.
I am sure I will do this trip again but have to pay of the cost of this one first.
Putting on a new back tire tomorrow but this is just from normal ware. I am running Pirelli Diablo tires and love them. handled great on the entire trip.
I will post more when I have time. :) 
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()