Author Topic: Triumph Motorcycles  (Read 3264 times)

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
Triumph Motorcycles
« on: May 27, 2012, 01:39:29 PM »
Okay, so I had some time to kill yesterday...love 3 day weekends.   I went to the Triumph dealership - only a few blocks from my house.  It was a nice gathering of friendly souls.  I even ran into a guy riding a 1960 Lambretta.  Anyway, I was looking at the Triumph American and Speedster.  They are nice looking bikes...took the speedster for a quick test drive.  I would never give up my Xc 250Ri, but maybe there is room in the garage for another bike?..I'm just saying  ;)
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph Motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:27:26 PM »
My younger bro just bought a brand new Triumph Thruxton 850cc a couple of months ago, not a bad looking bike and runs well he said, he seems pretty happy with it so far.

Think theyre all asian made now rather than being handbuilt and English like ones of old, dont know if the build quality is quite as good. His looks pretty well put together tho.

Have to see how the chrome etc stands up in the coming months/yrs.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:38:55 PM »
I've always liked the old school look and riding position. If I was going to buy a motorcycle Triumph and Royal Enfield would be my top choices.
Current Rides: Can-Am Ryker Rally 900cc, Gold 2012 People GTI 300.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 02:05:21 AM »
Don't forget Norton  ;) ;) ;)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:07:25 AM by Vivo »

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 02:44:36 AM »
Norton makes some nice looking bikes, but they are bigger than I personally would want at 961cc.

Cleveland CycleWerks also make some pretty bikes but are only 250cc. That is a good size for a scoot but I would want a little more power for a "Proper Bike."

I wouldn't turn any of these bikes down if they were given to me, but I'll stick with Triumph and Royal Enfield as my top choices.
It really doesn't matter since I don't plan on buying a motorcycle (at least not anytime in the next 5-10 years -  I don't really need one plus I am still broke from buying my 300GT.)
But I can still dream about it!  ;D
Current Rides: Can-Am Ryker Rally 900cc, Gold 2012 People GTI 300.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 03:27:51 AM »
960cc's sounds great. Like a bored/stroke 750. I always liked bigger engine to bike ratios. They're both super nice bikes.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 12:43:29 PM »
Do thay make scooters or mopeds.
I know they are nice bikes and have a name that well last.
and they are well buld.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »
No scoots Blue. Just bikes.
I had a Captain America copy Triumph when I was 19. It ran till I couldn't find proper pistons, and I gave it to a buddy that fixed it, and rode it till I moved away. Some 7 years.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 12:02:04 AM »
Bleys, you just created an obsession now. The only Triumph's I've ever seen are the Daytona's and the cruiser, America. They seemed out of my price reach so I never gave any attention to Triumph products. Then I see your post, and I go to Triumph's sight and see the Scrambler. I'm hooked on that bike now. Of course, I just need to test ride it to see if I really like it, though. But we all know that test rides lead to purchases, and I don't need the trouble with my wife  ;D

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 02:57:47 AM »
Feeling nostalgic already! The Honda Scrambler was my dream bike when I was in elementary school! ;D ;D ;D ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 03:46:14 AM »
I had two different KZ400's I loved those bikes. I'd actually get another now that I think about it. One was set up cafe, and the other was more enduro or tough street.http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfisx-OgD2pNWPOGViWSKwMAYHel4DKBzANN4t36DuQf_w8A15

kerllycrueaz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »
Triumph bikes are manufactured by the british company which is held in England. All the bikes of this company are looking like a hunk. People who ride it they feel like a royal. triumph tiger is the greatest bike among all the model of this company.

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 06:56:36 PM »
I had (crashed) a new Bonnie.  Rode and felt like an old one bit is much quiter, a plus in my book.  Only problem was the gas mileage.  It got no better than some liter sport bikes, and without the power!

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »
I like most things on two wheels - including bicycles - still ride a 1983 Bianchi road bike.  Anyway, I've always had a soft spot for Triumph and Indian motorcycles.  And the old BSA and Moto Guzzi and...well you get the picture.  But when I was at the dealership and saw the Speedster and the America and the Scramber, Triple Speed, Tiger, etc., well they all looked good.  Have to say that Norton looks interesting too, Vivo.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
Had a Daytona 955.  Loved that thing but too much.  Weight and power that is.
Just sold a 1992 Honda CBR250RR a moment ago.  Look this thing up if you don't know what it is.  Be sure to add the second "R" after the 250.  These were never sold in North America.  They were sold in Asia and NZ/OZ and have a following.
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550