Author Topic: top speed  (Read 9896 times)

kymcoallan

• View Profile
top speed
« on: May 27, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »
What is top speed on a LIKE 200i measured with GPS?
Elderly man, fond of his MC Scooter

SonicSix

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
    • My Scooter Site
Re: top speed
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 12:48:15 AM »
When I get past my break-in period, I'll let ya know how it does with a 180 pound guy on it.
2012 Kymco Like 200i Black and Blue
White Bell Revolver EVO Modular Helmet with Dark Smoke Shield
States I have scootered in...

kymcoallan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:21:56 AM »
Are there others who have looked for how much it has as top speed

juanmarvin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 12:34:23 PM »
Hello to everyone in the world, I´m from Colombia and I recently bought a Like 200i, looking in anothers forums I found that the MAX speed is 110 to 120Km/h but my Like wont pass from 100km/h and I don´t know what could be the problem, just get to 100km/h and dies there!!
I would check the air filter but I don´t know how to get it out and clean it. can anyone help me?
thanxx

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
Hello to everyone in the world, I´m from Colombia and I recently bought a Like 200i, looking in anothers forums I found that the MAX speed is 110 to 120Km/h but my Like wont pass from 100km/h and I don´t know what could be the problem, just get to 100km/h and dies there!!
I would check the air filter but I don´t know how to get it out and clean it. can anyone help me?
thanxx

I just cleaned my air filter the other day using a K&N filter cleaning kit. The removal is pretty easy. You have to remove the think piece of side panel just above the air filter box to get access to the top three screws on the box. See my post in the Like 200i section. It's pretty simple. The K&N kit consists of a cleaner and a lubricant. You could probably also get away with just using an air pump and blowing the dirt out and re-lubricating it. All in all, the only thing you need to change the filter is a phillips head screwdriver. The same that comes in the tool kit.

juanmarvin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:10:37 AM »
Hey!! thanks a lot for the answer I really appreciate it, what I want to know also is the Top Speed that you can see on your speedometer from your like 200i, cause I found that an Agility 125cc gives better top speed than this fuel injected 160cc bike!!!
thanxxx a lot.

juanmarvin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 02:58:54 AM »
I would check the top speed on my Like 200i tomorrow with a Garmin GPS to see the top Speed, but I felt dissapointed the other day an 125cc scooter that I tryed to catch on the highway didn´t do it because I got 100km/h and couldn´t reach the scooter!!!!!

juanmarvin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 01:46:08 AM »
I just cleaned my air filter the other day using a K&N filter cleaning kit. The removal is pretty easy. You have to remove the think piece of side panel just above the air filter box to get access to the top three screws on the box. See my post in the Like 200i section. It's pretty simple. The K&N kit consists of a cleaner and a lubricant. You could probably also get away with just using an air pump and blowing the dirt out and re-lubricating it. All in all, the only thing you need to change the filter is a phillips head screwdriver. The same that comes in the tool kit.
Hey!!! I bought yesterday the K&N  cleaning kit but someone today told me that I can´t use it on the Like Filter because this filter is made with paper and I could damage it!!! what did you do to clean it? or you have an air filter that´s not the original?
thanxxxx

kymcoallan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »
100 is probably just a little too much maybe 90 or 98

juanmarvin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 03:51:14 PM »
does anyone knows if I can use the K&N air filter cleaner kit on the original like 200i air filter, I don´t wanna unwrap the box an realize that I can´t use it on this filter!!!! help me someone please.

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »
Lets revive this thread a little.

I've check my 200i using speedview gps, I got a max of 62 (roundabouts) on my speedo, gps confirmed 58. I'm 6' 190lbs, 5k on the odometer. I've put about 3k on the scooter since I first got it, everything is in good running order. I know of other 125cc carb scooters, Genuine Buddy for example, that can outperform this (slightly), it would seem a 163cc would be able to blow them away. Does anyone know if the 200i has any sort of limiter installed? It really seems to get to 60 fast then STOP. I feel there's more to be had and that something has to be holding it back. And it's the same going down a hill or on a flat stretch. 60 tops. Anybody got any answers? Am I just a fat-ass?

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »
Dolemite: You're not a "fat-ass" trust me. I owned a People S200 (same 163cc engine) just that it wasn't FI, it had a Carb. Anyway.....I was around 200 lbs. when I owned it (bought it new it 2005) I could get her up to 65mph WOT (GPS tested) on a flat surface. So...I think there are other factors, like what temp. are you living in (as it's not water-cooled), weight of the owner etc. You should be getting @ least that considering it's FI. Sorry you guys aren't doing @ least a little better IMHO.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

Lucasan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »
I think there is a "limiter" or "regulator" installed for what I've been reading. I don't dare mess with it as it would probably void the warranty

tuffguy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »
Dear buddy buddies - I need some help! The Like 200i's have two different ECU's in them.  There is a 16100-LGS6-E10 and a 16100-LGS6-M30.  You will only see the LGS6-E10 on the ECU.  I suspect, but I'd like to verify that the 16100-LGS6-M30 ECU's RPM limiter will do about 70 MPH and the 16100-LGS6-E10 ECU's RPM limiter will do about 60 MPH or less.  Which ECU number do you have and how many MPH can you go?  I think the M30 was on the earlier models and the E10 on the newest models. Can I please get some verification?
By the way, in answer to the question previously asked, yes there is an RPM limiter on the ECU. See picture:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:55:04 PM by tuffguy »

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 02:13:12 AM »
I have the E10.  Scoot runs great.  I hit 60-65 no problem.  A little rough on the idle, but nothing i haven't seen on a single cylinder small motor. I am running an Iridium plug and syth oil, stock everything else.  Only issue I have had is how the drive belt really deposits a lot of itself as it wears.  I had that "slippage" issue...when scoot was cold, there was a chirping sound coming from the drive housing and the scoot had no "get up and go".  After 5 minutes, it went away.  Finally got around to pulling housing and it was COVERED in the black "dust" of the belt.  I cleaned everything out and sprayed down the good parts with brake cleaner.  Problem solved.  Running great.  PS- I also use a splash of Sta-Bil at every gas fill up.  I will try to get hold of my dealer's mechanic and see if they are aware of any issues with the CPU.  I know last year when I was ordering mine, they were re-flashing a CPU on a 200i.  But I never asked why.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()