Author Topic: Rode In The Rain!  (Read 3474 times)

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Rode In The Rain!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 04:53:45 PM »
That too.
Needs another digit in the price to be that too.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 03:38:02 PM »
I was considering getting this one -
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/raingear/2_pc_suits/joe_rocket/rs2_two_piece_motorcycle_rainsuit.html

I Got caught in the rain coming home from work last night. My regular armored jacket (Teknic) kept me pretty dry up top. Just a little water leaking down from the collar. My over-pants (Joe Rocket) with the mesh panels did not help much. They have a waterproof liner, but I did not have it in. Needless to say my legs got soaked.

I missed a month of work because of my bad back and money's too tight to buy a rain suit right now. I'll just have to get wet when it rains  :(
Current Ride: Gold 2012 People GTI 300.

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 02:23:52 AM »
K-Mart. 1-2 sizes larger than normal.  Cheap. Works.
Rick

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »
I have found that these farm and tractor supply stores, (that are like small hardware stores) have good quality real rubber and other types of rain clothing for very low prices. $30.00 some dollars for a nice rubber out fit. I also use an over size pair of rubber gloves that can fit over a pair of cotten gloves. Work great in rain and for very cold days as nothing stop's cold air from comming through like rubber. :-*

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »
I just had a nice 60 mile ride (half of which was hilly/twisty road) in constant rain
on my DT300.

I love how my big screen kept me mostly dry (the jacket took care of the rest,
I don't need my SIDI rain suit any more!), hands 80% dry, legs/feet completely
dry!

I don't like the stock Kenda tires as much as I did before, though.. not all that
confidence inspiring in the wet. Braking traction is fine, but doesn't feel that
good cornering.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »
My rain suit came in today as they promised and I am impressed with it. A 50 dollar outfit I purchased for 45 and it is what I expected. 3 piece zipper, valcro, tie strings and heavy weight with the 3M name on it. I tried the 2X on and it is a perfect fit. I am not sorry that I didn't spend more money on any particular suit. I further ordered this is all yellow from Motorcycle Superstore and they were prompt and to the point and promised the suit wasn't a piece of cheap plastic. Besides it being heavy duty, it is 3M Scotchlite Reflective, River Road.

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »
I have the black froggtoggs.  I got mine at Bass Pro Shop.  They do a good job of keeping me dry, though I haven't been caught out in a gully washer like we have here in the spring.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()