Author Topic: Rear wheel tire inflation  (Read 1410 times)

Paintbrush

• View Profile
Rear wheel tire inflation
« on: May 29, 2012, 12:57:27 PM »
I have a 2010 Agility 125 and had to put air in the tires for the first time this past weekend. The front tire presented no problems because the stem bends in an "L" shape which allows you to easily connect the air hose to the stem. but the way the wheel/rim (I'm not sure which word to use here) on the back tire is designed, (it sticks straight out like the stem on a bicycle) doesn't allow for enough space to get the air hose attached to the stem. Is there some sort of an "L" shaped adapter that you can buy to alleviate this problem? The components on my scooter as what came with it when I bought it new a few months ago.

I also need to change the oil in a few hundred miles. I located the bolt that needs to be removed to release the oil (under the scooter) but do not seem to have the correct size socket to loosen it. Does anyone one know what size I should buy?

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Rear wheel tire inflation
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »
The rear tire issue should be solvable at any bike-tire shop, but they'll have to
kill the current straight stem.. it will be ugly.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 02:32:43 PM »
Yes, you can buy the "L" shape stems. They're available anywhere that sells parts. You can try e-bay, too. Of course, I've been lazy lately and just using my dealer to look for everything for me  ;D
It's interesting, though, because all of the Agility 125's in my local shop that are new (including mine), came with the straight stems. And I thought the same as you, that the "L" stems should have been placed in so filling the tires was easier.
I've debated getting the stems, too, but it isn't too much of a pain in the rear to just deal with it for now, ya know?

Have a great week!

PBAS

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Paintbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:04:56 PM »
Thank you for the responses. I am trying to avoid going to my dealer but if the only solution is to do that then I will. Would they be replacing the tube inside the tire to one with a different shaped stem? Is there a tube inside the tire?

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 04:10:14 PM »
No tube.
You just need a new stem, and your dealer is probably the most expensive place to get it
from, IF they even have any. That's not something a bike shop usually has, here at least.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »
A new angle stem is metal and costs about $15.
Then there is the cost of installation...... Maybe $15 and maybe $25

So check it out before you make the decision  and shop around for prices.

Also check at the dealership as to their solution to the scooper problem.

Scoot safely,

New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()