Author Topic: PROBLEM WHILE RIDDING MY GRAND DINK 250 CC  (Read 7035 times)

foligti

• View Profile
PROBLEM WHILE RIDDING MY GRAND DINK 250 CC
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »
DEAR MEMBERS,

While I am riding my GD 250 cc, I cant hold a constant speed, like 30 Mph...but it decreases by itself and I must increase the level of rpm... What may cause this since I bought it before 2 weeks and now it has 22.000 km. I checked the air filter but its new. Does walves can cause this or the roller?

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

Florim Switzerland

ce

• View Profile
Re: PROBLEM WHILE RIDDING MY GRAND DINK 250 CC
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »
22000 kilometers means you are due for some service, a valve adjustment, new rollers, new belt, clutch cleaning and possible replacement, so get it to a mechanic or do the inspections yourself.

First off, open the CVT cover, there's 10 bolts holding it on, and just look at the belt and condition of the clutch, this will give you an indication of where the problem lies, because it is most likely inside that cover.

If the valves are too tight, it would be hard to start when cold and would die on idle when hot.

Albuquerque, New Mexico

foligti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »
Thank you my dear friend. I will try it to do by myself, at least it isn't such a big problem to check the condition of the belt and rollers, what I am afraid off is the valve adjustment. That may be to hard for me to do it by myself and here mechanics for such a thing may charge me more than 1000 chf which is more than I bought this bike. However I will try to make an inspection on the specified field and than let you know. Otherwise the bike goes great on a highway around 130 kmh with 6 * 1000 rpm. Always when I drive and constantly increase the speed runs smooth but 50 60 kmh and when I try to keep that speed automatically decreases the rpm and I have a feeling that it will go off but it doesnt, I am increasing the rpm and than tip top. I will try once more my friend and let you know. If any other had the same experience I would be very happy to hear how did you resolve that.

Keep you up...

foligti

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 02:20:25 PM »
I did so, opened the cover and what to see, so much dust and black inside, the belt looks to me ok, but the rolls I couldn't check because I don't have a special tool to remove the screw, while at the same time it rolls the variator. However I will try to find a mechanic that will do that for me... Also I changed the oil I put  10 W 40 I think is ok??? Full synthetic, but any of you maybe that's not the appropriate oil??? :-\

Thank you Guys for this wonderful forum,

Cheers,

F

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
don't worry about the oil for the mean time. it's not too significant at this stage. try to consider service,, like belt , clutch, springs, cleaning, etc. relax bro... one step at a time...  ;)

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 07:56:34 PM »
the belt looks to me ok, but the rolls I couldn't check because I don't have a special tool to remove the screw, while at the same time it rolls the variator. However I will try to find a mechanic that will do that for me...

It is very easy to make the tool yourself - I used the directions on the link below and had a holding tool in about 15 minutes:
(The dimensions are in SAE/inch.  If you have trouble converting them to metric/mm let me know and I'll try to help - for example the 5/16 inch bolts are equal to 7.9375mm)

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/699039-homemade-flywheel-holder-tool/

Brent
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:23:23 PM by bdrannik »
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 08:38:34 PM »
Good show on your inspection, all that dust in the CVT cover is from the belt, clutch and rollers as they have worn down over time.

You have 23mm x 18mm rollers, probably 20 gram weight, they likely have flat spots from wear and should be replaced, so see if you can find some for sale and have them on hand when you open the variator.

We use an impact wrench, something any mechanic would have, so if you remove the cover and have the rollers on hand, it only takes 15 minutes to switch the rollers and belt once you remove the variator.

I think the belt is 894 20 30, but check and see if it is marked.

Another thing to do is remove the seat bucket and inspect all your hoses and fittings for the carburetor and vaccuum lines. make sure everything is secure, because an air leak or a faulty diaphragm couls also cause problems like you describe.

Do what you can to find the causes, and that will give you something specific for a mechanic to fix, or if you're confident, you can do it your self.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

foligti

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
Thank you guys, this really helps. God bless you and keep you always safe while riding and always-everywhere.
I will try to make myself this tool since I have some basic instruments but not that much. I have made some pictures and soonest it gets in its shape I will attach them. I owned previously a French mark of scooter, uhhhhhhh God, I still have nightmaires from it. Peugeot Elyseo 1oo cc, always problem with the imobilizer, weak battery causes demage to the mobilizer so 2 times * 200 EUR equal to 250 Dollars...
Kymco is far away better and I am much satisfied with the speed. Since I buy it, I drove it around 125 but sooo much wind and than I started to loose control on the last wheel, decreased the speed and on 110 kmh was ok. Than I checked the front wheel it was empty instead of 3Atmp it was 2.2 and the front was 2.3. Now front is 2.5 and the back tyre 3.0 Atmospheres. Think this is ok. About the oil I bought yesterday a new one, 15 w 40, hope that this is better but I will change it after I fix all this other problems that causes me headaches.

Thank you once more to all of you guys,

Keep in touch...

adelinejames0

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »
OK It is good that you have completed with 22000 kilometers. Now after this you need some service like  clutch cleaning and possible replacement,  new rollers, new belt,a valve adjustment. It will help you to increase your scooter speed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 05:03:46 AM »

Unkraut_verdirbt_nicht.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

foligti

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »
HELLO to all,

I changed the rectifier, I bought new, since some of the people said to me that when the rectifier is dead / doesn't charge the battery, it can cause restriction in the mobiliser since it works on 12 Volts... But nothing changed, still I cant hold a constant speed e.g. 30 MpH but I must increase. The other thing that I realized yesterday is that while riding I listen shoots from the exhaust system... Is that a problem with the gas or what?  The sound is like when you shoot from an air gun and it happened three or four time yesterday...No other problems but these two makes me crazyyyyy....

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
You better check the acorn nuts holding your exhaust header on, and see if the PAIR apparatus is leaking or burned out somewhere.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

foligti

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »
No, in fact here everything is fine...the problem still continues ...its the same, I must increase the rpm in order to have a continuous power otherwise the machine is trying to turn off  >:(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 02:52:16 AM »
Ce got it right earlier... Most likely the carb Diaphragm. It is a four dollar part here. Remove the two screws on the top of the carb, and the diaphgram is under the cap. It should have NO HOLES/TEARS in it. This will lead to speed falling off as you drive, and can create a lean condition if the cap leaks.
Also twist the carb a little bit to see if the rubber mount (intake manifold) is cracked/torn. That will do it as well.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

foligti

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 09:03:46 AM »
Guys, my scooter really sucks... I was always afraid with these electronic problems, bur still don't know what is going on. I CHANGED the rectifier, brand new, original KYMCO part, and after I charged the battery which I bought before 1 month, started again do drain my battery :( When I drive with lights on, than that is more obvious that faster drains the battery... Could any wire or other thing can cause this? I REALLY NEED HELP my dearest friends... Thanks in adwance...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()