Author Topic: LEDs  (Read 4358 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
LEDs
« on: May 30, 2012, 03:59:47 AM »
Got these new flat LEDs (t10) for my Super 8..

Very damn bright!!!  However, I'm considering looking for a small projector housing for this and add as auxiliary lights...

sentinex

• View Profile
Re: LEDs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 04:17:26 AM »
Vivo those are amazing lights, can I ask you something? how you make those lights work? I ask because in my super 8 they do not turn on, so I am guessing they not connected.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 05:23:12 AM »
Vivo those are amazing lights, can I ask you something? how you make those lights work? I ask because in my super 8 they do not turn on, so I am guessing they not connected.

It's factory. They just turn on when you turn on the park light switch and automatically turn off when you switch to headlight.  Maybe you have another country's version.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/fog-light-lamp-x-1piece-for-Kawasaki-VN900-VN2000-Versys-ER-6N-KLR-KLV-KLX-KH?item=251073106206&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8773314571856154778

These with replacement led's are the works.

Thanks Bro, quite expensive tho.

Flat LEDs on the left                                        Ordinary 32 LEDs on the right   for comparison...

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:41:13 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 05:39:26 AM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 05:42:45 AM »
Yes, alibaba, that's where I source our products for sale here.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58:41 AM »
Dude! Finally... A customs route! Put er there Partner* 8)

sentinex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:49 AM »
It's factory. They just turn on when you turn on the park light switch and automatically turn off when you switch to headlight.  Maybe you have another country's version.

Can u post a picture of the park light switch? First time I hear about it.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »
Can u post a picture of the park light switch? First time I hear about it.

Yes, ill take a picture later.  But headlight and parklight switch are in one switch (2-way). The one you operate with your right thumb just below the right mirror. You push the switch halfway to the left, the park light turns on, push further extreme left, the park light turns off and headlight turns on.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 12:51:09 PM »
here are the pics

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »
Sentinex: Kymco scooters sold in some countries such as here in the USA do not have a headlight switch - the headlight is on whenever the key is turned to the on position.
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
Sentinex: Kymco scooters sold in some countries such as here in the USA do not have a headlight switch - the headlight is on whenever the key is turned to the on position.

Could be right. My Agility has exactly the same switch as Vivos scoot for my sidelights/dusk lights/parking lights (whatever you want to call them) but i remember an American saying before that over where he was they had no bulbs in the sidelight space and they were not wired up either? In Europe, and i guess Asia too, we have 4 settings for our lights, small sidelights, dipped headlight, full beam and also a passing light (to flash it at others on the road as a warning or to say "look out im here!". Maybe you wont have that over there?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sentinex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »
here are the pics

Nope we don't have that switch in the USA version of the super 8, I am going to call the central offices and complain, and you probably right  streido those light are not probably wired in ours.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »
So you guys cant control your front light settings at all? The main light just comes on when you start up automatically? Weird  ???
Whats in place of the light sw? Is it just blanked off then?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()