Author Topic: Rain "X"  (Read 988 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Rain "X"
« on: May 31, 2012, 12:53:09 AM »
I use this stuff on my car and boat windsheild and it works well. I used it the other day on both my scoot wind screen (plastic) and face mask on my full face helmet (plastic) and nothing, nada, ziltch!

Does it just not work on plastic or do I need to apply a heavier coating? Any thoughts?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Rain "X"
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 01:11:22 AM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »
I never tried it on plastics. I think the bottle says that too. There is one great product for plastics... http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&pq=plexo&cp=11&gs_id=1s&xhr=t&q=plastic+cleaner&client=opera&hs=wjF&rls=en&channel=suggest&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1360&bih=559&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3439461819379626324&sa=X&ei=xMTGT9eQJomi9QTd1pHeCw&sqi=2&ved=0CMwBEPMCMAE

I've used it for ever on marine Isinglass/plexi. Or plain old canuba wax.

Thanks, will look into it. Still trying to find something controversial.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 01:27:47 AM »
I'm sure you will do a slam up job!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 03:35:23 AM »
Wiper!!!  No need to apply rain x.....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 04:13:05 AM »
I've used it for ever on marine Isinglass/plexi.

Hey - another one of those boating people - when I am not on the scooter I'm usually on the water (or under it)..

The Plexus does work well for cleaning and removing scratches in plastic..  Does it do the "water beading" like Rain-X also or is that what you use the Carnuba wax for?

Brent
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 04:19:19 AM »
You have to use it every time the boat is washed but Yes it beads. Regular wax is fine too but you can burn some plastics with waxes so ... user beware.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()