Author Topic: Just asking...  (Read 2731 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Just asking...
« on: May 31, 2012, 05:31:53 AM »
Are women better politicians than men?

My personal experience was a woman superior (boss). Moody! sometimes reasonable, sometimes not. Our country had two women presidents. One was good, the other was bad.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Just asking...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:01:40 AM »
After growing up under Margret Thatcher would say no. She is still despised in my country and put womans rights/equality back decades.
That aside tho the question cant be answered, imo there are good and bad females just as good and bad males. I just hope Hilary never het in power tho, she is a complete idiot and would ruin the US just as badly as Bush did.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
I'd rather Hilary over Palin or Bachman without a second thought. She has more guts and brains (though that's not hard compared to those two) than they'll ever have.

I think it comes down to the person. Gender may have some to do with it, but it's an individual thing in my opinion.

-Wolf

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:47 PM »
I'd rather Hilary over Palin or Bachman without a second thought. She has more guts and brains (though that's not hard compared to those two) than they'll ever have.

No contest there, i never thought i would ever utter the words but........another round of W would prob be better than Palin/McCain  :o

Still, i dont trust Hilary. Bill, yes, but Hilary no. Something about her just freaks me out  :-\

The Argentinian pres is female and she seems to get good press?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:51:50 AM »
some make better budget directors................ ;D

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 12:58:42 AM »

My personal experience was a woman superior (boss). Moody! sometimes reasonable, sometimes not. Our country had two women presidents. One was good, the other was bad.

What a sexist stereotypical question to ask???

How could one gender be better at something then the other? To simply lump one gender as better would be wrong for anyone to say (not that the OP has done so).

As far bosses woman have their days and men have their egos, same as above applies.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 02:14:19 AM »
What a sexist stereotypical question to ask???

How could one gender be better at something then the other? To simply lump one gender as better would be wrong for anyone to say (not that the OP has done so).

As far bosses woman have their days and men have their egos, same as above applies.

Like the thread title says... "Just asking..."

How could one gender be better at something then the other?

Here's one... Five men can piss in a toilet bowl better than five women!!

hippiebrian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 03:04:24 AM »
The shape of one's genetalia hase absolutely nothing to do with their ability or inability to lead.  'Nuff said.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 03:09:58 AM »
In our Senate, when a woman senator scolds and lectures, everybody listens. When a male senator scolds and lectures, everybody sleeps....

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 04:17:14 AM »
Like the thread title says... "Just asking..."

How could one gender be better at something then the other?

Here's one... Five men can piss in a toilet bowl better than five women!!

I've never seen a woman have to wipe the seat dry.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 07:39:04 AM »
According to what benchmark?
But perhaps we can agree on: the worst politicians of history have been men.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »
According to what benchmark?
But perhaps we can agree on: the worst politicians of history have been men.

It's a general question and no country in particular.  Maybe in the U.S., there are benchmarks, but in other countries there are none. People vote and elect a leader or ruler they want and expect him or her to rule. Here, a politician close to the hearts of the poor masses gets the vote or a relative of a former president or a movie actor.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 08:58:12 AM »
If it is just the election, then by definittion: a woman premier is better than their male competitors (who have not been elected). And vice versa.
Some woman premiers have been repeatedly elected, few still receive local + global afterglow. Too, the reputation depends on the importance of their country.
Not many people know about Sri Lanka, Sirimavo Bandaranaike (1st female premier of the world, 3x elected) and her daughter Chandrika Kumaratunga (2x elected).
Indira Gandhi from India was "only" elected 2 times and the worlds 2nd female premier.

Funny that the "modern" western world nearly exclusively favors men leaders but blames the other cultures to be inequitable.
But not only Sri Lanka and India had female premiers, their muslim dominated neighbours Pakistan and Bangladesh too.
Imho South Asia is the only area in the world with a slightly more even distrubition of male and female leaders.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:04:39 AM by ts1 »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 09:17:30 AM »
After the fall of our dictator, our next President was a woman, President Corazon Aquino, wife of the asassinated Senator. Then we had Gloria Arroyo, daughter of a former president. We had an actor president, have  actor senator, mayors, vice mayor, congressmen, and members of the city council. I had worked for a lady Mayor before who was a nurse by profession. These women leaders were determined. If they were "soft", they would have not even thought of running in the first place.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 10:38:03 AM »
women think with there heart and soul. when men think with there.... well you know............
if more women ran the world we would be in a better place. ( MAYBE ) Just as long as they dont take away to many of a mans rights.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()