Author Topic: Carb Tunning  (Read 1195 times)

scooterman11

• View Profile
Carb Tunning
« on: May 31, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »
Hey Guys
its me Mitch
Hey I got a new 35 pilot jet and theres a screw on the side of my carb for adjusting i need to know what to tune it to so that itll stay running

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Carb Tunning
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 05:50:21 PM »
If its the mix screw i think its fully in then roughly 2.5 turns out. Could be wrong tho, maybe someone else will verify?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

scooterman11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »
Yeah I tried about 2 turns and would it be effected by be that my oil is slightly overfilled

scooterman11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
I have all of my stock jets put back in and removed my leo vince exhaust and put my stock pipe back on i cant seem to get it tuned just right to keep her running she used to run and idle like a dream
I need help asap its driving me crazy

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »
Check the rubber manifold from carb to engine isnt burst. Mine burst when i overtightened it before and the clamp split it underneath. Wouldnt idle at all. Idled ok then i revved it on the stand and it was low idle, reset it, revved again and went high idle. Did this several times scratchin my head till i saw the manifold leak.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 11:24:50 PM »
Check the rubber manifold from carb to engine isnt burst. Mine burst when i overtightened it before and the clamp split it underneath. Wouldnt idle at all. Idled ok then i revved it on the stand and it was low idle, reset it, revved again and went high idle. Did this several times scratchin my head till i saw the manifold leak.
x 2 everything on these kymcos have to be air tight and just right to runn good. mine is set at 2 1/4 turns. also clean the plug good and recap .to 0.7 mm and little under is ok.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()