Author Topic: Scoot Update  (Read 5099 times)

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
Scoot Update
« on: May 31, 2012, 08:54:05 PM »
Well I have not been on the Kymco forum shore for a wee while been busy with book writing and annoying people  ;D

As for the Scoot is is running great changed my oil to fully synth a few months back and is running much smoother and as the miles pile on is becoming a little bit faster, especially with the current warmer air. In fact it has been going so well I have scrubbed plans to change it in September, was behind an Piaggio NRG 50 and to be honest the difference in performance was not that great. I also still prefer the sound of my 4 stoke, with a few miles on these AG 50's are pretty perky.

Next time round it will be a 125cc to be honest but I can easily cope with another year out of the AG, since initial problems has not missed a beat. Top speed is still only an indicated 40mph as lost 2mph when I changed the variator weights by 0.5g but acceleration up hills and from a standing start is better so can cope with that. Did the cut in the CDi but did not change the top speed at all. As I had heard they are still restricted. Have no idea who is telling poorkie pies on the CDi bit???

End of my sermon - Chapter 5 Kymco owners handbook  ;D
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Scoot Update
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:15:33 PM »
Wondered where you'd got to  :)

Glad the scoots been good.

On the cdi thing, you can pick up an urestricted cdi off ebay for about a tenner. May make no difference but whats a lost tenner if it doesnt?

According to Kymco UK ALL a50's leave the facory with a restricted cdi, least thats what they told me when i emailed them  ???

Maybe try yourself and let us know if you get the same answer i did? The links on the Kymco site under contact us, contact tech dept.

How many miles you got on it now? I just hit 20,000km last week, running great, best its ever been (please dont let that jinx it  :D ). Just hit 50mph indicated again last week so all is sweet in my garden  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 06:20:41 AM »
Wondered where you'd got to  :)

Glad the scoots been good.

On the cdi thing, you can pick up an urestricted cdi off ebay for about a tenner. May make no difference but whats a lost tenner if it doesnt?

According to Kymco UK ALL a50's leave the facory with a restricted cdi, least thats what they told me when i emailed them  ???

Maybe try yourself and let us know if you get the same answer i did? The links on the Kymco site under contact us, contact tech dept.

How many miles you got on it now? I just hit 20,000km last week, running great, best its ever been (please dont let that jinx it  :D ). Just hit 50mph indicated again last week so all is sweet in my garden  :)

I put quite a deep cut in but did nothing, may well try a de-restricted CDi unit for £10 also going to finally get round to changing the mirrors as the stock ones are poor. I still only have 2.8K on it but then it is only a 10 mile round trip and I have used the push bike the odd day as well.

To hit 50 I would need to upgrade the variator as that seems to be what is holding the top speed back, you can hear it reach max speed indicated 42mph which is the top speed Kymco state.

Only strange and funny scoot story I have is Mr strange in his twenties driving a bright metallic green 04 plate Vauxhall Mervia, lights change green before I get to them so carry on past him. Mr strange pulls up to me at the next set of lights, shouting "You think your fast, just watch me I am faster than that piece of S***"?? At the next set of lights I was able to filter and ended up right in front of him to many expletives being shouted out of his window over the oh so trendy music NOT blearing out ???

I suppose not as strange as the women who shoved several razor blades up her vagina, or the man that tried to commit suicide with a cordless drill to the head, now that was more than a few drops of blood scattered about!!! Never a dull a moment for me  ???
2011 Agility 50

The Rookie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 08:25:54 AM »
I have an unrestricted 'race' CDI unit that came with the daughters scoot you can have for a tenner.......

De restricting is easy, I'm in the process of re-restricting the standard CDI unit that we got with the daughters bike, if you have a dremel you can do it really neatly.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »
..do make sure you cut deeep...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
..this issa 2010 a50 cdi...

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »
Thanks for the pic maybe I did not cut quite deep enough looking at the pic will have a play tomorrow!!!
2011 Agility 50

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 09:07:56 PM »
I didnt get mine with a saw, thought i did but i didnt. Used a large flat file and took the whole bottom edge off. Saw it easy then  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 08:31:33 AM »
Hello jezyg glad to here your ag50 has got passed its teething problems, mine also feels like it running at its best now I am almost at 3000km and it is now 12 months old, im also cycling a couple of times a week hence the low miles I may be forced to give up my a50 in a few weeks if I fail my field test as I have been diagnosed with glucoma even tho i can see perfectly well without glasses im told i may still have blind spots so may be forced to cycle every day I guess the only plus side is I will be kept fit......
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 12:20:24 PM »
Surely if they think you cant see well enough to scoot then its the same for cycles? I know youre prob fine and its just red tape and rules but on a bike youre still on the road with other vehicles? Given that i got 37mph once out my mountain bike (downhill) you could in theory be goin faster on your bike than on your scoot, makes little sense does it?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Exe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 02:41:25 AM »
Thanks for the pic maybe I did not cut quite deep enough looking at the pic will have a play tomorrow!!!

If you CDI does not have a purple/violet wire then your CDI is not restricted.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 02:48:58 AM »
...pic of my oem '08 agility cdi wiring...

..no purple wiring, and the cdi was definately restricted...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 03:00:28 AM »
If you CDI does not have a purple/violet wire then your CDI is not restricted.
Kymco Claims un restricted in some responses, and restricted in others but the fact is the cdi will not rev past 9k.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 11:35:49 AM »
I have gone back and put a deeper cut in and found the wire, also felt some resistance when cutting it so knew it was there. Low and behold I have an extra 3mph, not fully tested it though. Engine note is also slightly different across the rev band, sounds smoother and less retarded than it did. Only did a short trip down the road, so will wait until I have had a few trips to work and back to fully comment. But my MY12 had a restricted CDi. Hope that is of use to everyone  ;D
2011 Agility 50

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 01:40:58 PM »
Told ya  :)

............just sayin  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!