Author Topic: Scoot Update  (Read 5098 times)

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
Re: Scoot Update
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 04:47:13 PM »
Told ya  :)

............just sayin  ;D

Your da man the Yoda of the AG50  ;D
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 08:09:30 PM »
Your da man the Yoda of the AG50  ;D

Nah, thats Wordslinger, he's the A50 master, i am but the apprentice  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »
..aww, shucks.....

:-*

..it's all in the cvt!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »
My AG50 is deffo livelier than it was, pick up is almost instant compared to previously. My personal feeling is the restricted CDi is also connected to emission regulations. As whilst I have a higher RPM the Scoot is more responsive and accelerates better throughout the rev range. Skoda did the same to the Fabia 1.4 16v Petrol back in 2004 and retarded acceleration in the name of emissions.  >:(
2011 Agility 50

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »
It just makes it more enjoyable to ride.

Is this the start of the tuning bug biting?  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 12:20:40 AM »
My personal feeling is the restricted CDi is also connected to emission regulations.

Mine were removed and blocked off on my A50......

Then again, mine had a different cvt cover and front rotor than ANY others i've seen
PLUS mine already had a UN-restricted cdi. (no idea where it came from, they normally have to be made UN-restricted)...(2nd owner, bought w/600kms...'08 model)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:09 AM »
..awesome, jezyg!!!...

..those oem cdis are restricted...

..so far, i've never seen proof that any oem agility cdi was not restricted...

..in these days of global warming and sh**, i can't imagine that they would not be so...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 05:32:09 AM »
Agreed. They are all rpm limited on 50cc scooters.
Some flutter, and some just drop the timing curve rather steeply too.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
All I know is that the OEM CDi is holding the engine back, when you twist the throttle with the OEM restricted CDi there is a slight hesitation that you don't notice until you un-restrict it. It is like the rev's build up ever so slightly more progressively as the rev's rise. For me my AG50 is exactly how I want it and the variator mod is now working properly as well. As I said the only reason to hold the engine back on a restricted CDi is for emission reasons  ???

Sterido - Yep have a bit of a mod bug, but have to admit I am going to enjoy my 'new' AG50 that feels like I have just upgraded to a better scoot and can blow main a 2T Scoot away  ;D
2011 Agility 50

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »
If your still running those mixed rollers to give 6g then you prob want to think of ordering a full set of 6g's then? The lighter rollers will wear down quicker than the heavier ones. Mixing up is really just for testing out to find your ideal weight, once you get it then its best to replace with a set of that weight.

Did you try a stiffer torque spring? 1000 or 1500 rpm? If it feels like you could use better power up hills thats a cheap mod.

If you were to fit a race variator, oh i dont know........maybe a Malossi Multivar  ::), you may even enjoy it even more?
..................just sayin................. that' be my next mod ..............  ;D

Good thing with scoots is its all pretty cheap and quick to try and if you dont like it you can always put it back.  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 11:45:14 PM »
As I said the only reason to hold the engine back on a restricted CDi is for emission reasons

The restriction has nothing to do with emissions. In fact it produces More unburned hydrocarbons because they skip every other stroke on some, and drop off timing on others. Both of these are the equivalent of flooding the engine with fuel.
If it's faster building of rpm's you are after a stronger contra spring is the answer. It will cause the Torque Drive to open slower, and hold lower ratios longer
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 01:58:24 AM »
+1 z and streido..

;)

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
If your still running those mixed rollers to give 6g then you prob want to think of ordering a full set of 6g's then? The lighter rollers will wear down quicker than the heavier ones. Mixing up is really just for testing out to find your ideal weight, once you get it then its best to replace with a set of that weight.

Did you try a stiffer torque spring? 1000 or 1500 rpm? If it feels like you could use better power up hills thats a cheap mod.

If you were to fit a race variator, oh i dont know........maybe a Malossi Multivar  ::), you may even enjoy it even more?
..................just sayin................. that' be my next mod ..............  ;D

Good thing with scoots is its all pretty cheap and quick to try and if you dont like it you can always put it back.  :)

I may well go down the race variator path next, not changed the torque spring yet but 6g rollers seem to work well, only slight slowdown on hills now. Agree mods are cheap and very easy to fit. It seems that like changing the rollers have little effect until you derestrict.

On the emissions front all Euro and US models are fitted with a restricted CDi, Asian models are not as far as I could find, even if not to meet Euro 3 regs wonder why the difference? Motorbikes are due to go to Euro 5 this year  ???
2011 Agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 03:13:43 AM »
Limiting rpm's in the ways they do causes more emissions. Perhaps in the future versions they will change that as well. Do the limiting in the Tranny.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()