Author Topic: Global warming in the past, must have been all those cars!  (Read 15192 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Global warming in the past, must have been all those cars!
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 06:27:32 AM »
Riding over 30mph pops the front wheel up. It's a cops dream. Hey! De Resrticted scoot! Pull the F over....   STOP RESISTING!!!***@ ***@

Who? this solar police car?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 07:52:39 AM »
Streido's dream scoot..... Solar spoilers!!!!!!

Dont like the colour  :P

Recently they've been fitting loads of solar panels in bus-stops here to power the lights etc for "free". Everytime i ride past one i keep thinking of prying some off for my garage roof  :D

Would love my house roof covered too, many Spanish homes use solar to run the aircon in summer and heating in winter.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2012, 08:02:31 AM »
Would love to have solar panels also to save on electricity.  Now I'm using LED house lights.

These things consume 2 watts.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
Would love to have solar panels also to save on electricity.  Now I'm using LED house lights.

These things consume 2 watts.

Dont they give off a harsh bright light? We use low energy bulbs thro our house.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
Dont they give off a harsh bright light? We use low energy bulbs thro our house.

Only if you look at them directly....

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »
I have 4 canned spot type lights in my kitchen, when one burns out I'm replacing them with LED spots, so far onoly replaced 1 @$20 per it's expensive, but I can't tell a difference between the two.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
Read "Fear" by Michael Crichton for a good story and pay strict attention to the foot
notes and references he leaves which directly relate to the "science" of " global warming".

The original post by 080 just goes to prove that scooter riders/owners are much more cerebral than most of the rest of the population.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 08:36:52 PM »
Read "Fear" by Michael Crichton for a good story and pay strict attention to the foot
notes and references he leaves which directly relate to the "science" of " global warming".

The original post by 080 just goes to prove that scooter riders/owners are much more cerebral than most of the rest of the population.

Karl

Short of all of us running out and buying/reading the book could you paraphrase or sum it up for us in a paragraph or two?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »
Short of all of us running out and buying/reading the book could you paraphrase or sum it up for us in a paragraph or two?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Fear

Great book, by the way - like most of his books.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 09:44:38 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Fear

Great book, by the way - like most of his books.

Here's my take on Global warming in a nut shell, If the Gov. is for it I'm against it. Our gov is not in it for the betterment of mankind, only the lining of their and their friends pockets.

The sooner we relaze this the sooner we can defeat them or maybe stay one step ahead of them.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2012, 01:26:13 AM »
Here's my take on Global warming in a nut shell, If the Gov. is for it I'm against it. Our gov is not in it for the betterment of mankind, only the lining of their and their friends pockets.

The sooner we relaze this the sooner we can defeat them or maybe stay one step ahead of them.

Thats exactly why we dont do anywhere near what we need to be doing 08. Sure they pretend to care and even bring in some laws or legislations but really its a sham, none of it is even close to what the science says we need to be doing. Truth is they dont want to change but they pretend they do because for many its a big issue today, we want action to try slow or even prevent future problems caused by climate change so to get the green vote they have to pretend to care, and pretend to act.

All limits, agreements and actions in place so far go no where near to fixing the problem, and thing dont look like changing any time soon. The US is the biggest polluter, along with China, and these are the main countries who resist what mkst of Europe and the reat of the world want.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2012, 01:39:54 AM »

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2012, 07:44:43 PM »
This is the position of the US gov towards the rest of the world.

We are #1. Europe, we saved your asses from the Germans not once but twice, you owe us, so you'll pay $8.00 per gal of gas while we pay a small fraction of that. Africa, there is nothing there so stop whining, the only country worth its salt was South Africa and we broke them, now their leaders can be controlled like the rest of the continent. North Africa and the middle east, well let’s just say as long as you serve our purpose it's all good, just don't step out of line. China, buy our debt, your economy will fail before too long (signs of this already) and you'll need us to buy your debt, plus we saved your ass from Japan during WWII.

South America, so primitive that we will mine your country for precious metals and you'll do nothing about it but take the payday (politicians of course).

Did I leave anyone out? Oh, Russia is broke, we did that to them back in the 80's.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
...sssso, what y' gonna do about it??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2012, 10:49:50 PM »
...sssso, what y' gonna do about it??

Me? Vote! protest, write my representives. What about you?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()