Author Topic: Global warming in the past, must have been all those cars!  (Read 15197 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming in the past, must have been all those cars!
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2012, 02:06:48 AM »
I do wish I had more kids... It would be a constant 3 ring circus up in here. I'm trying to get my daughter, and the grand babies out here but she wants to raise them "non country". Go figure...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2012, 02:11:14 AM »
I do wish I had more kids... It would be a constant 3 ring circus up in here. I'm trying to get my daughter, and the grand babies out here but she wants to raise them "non country". Go figure...

They have to experience the "country". It's part of being human. I always make it a point to bring my kids to grandpa's farm and experience nature. Catch chicken, riding a buffalo, go to the waterfalls, fish, etc.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2012, 02:32:03 AM »
agreed. Otherwise you wind up with a bunch of "prissy ass kids"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 02:37:12 AM »
..and the essence of "survival"! What if canned goods are out? what if there's no more water to drink? They must know how to catch, dress, and cook a chicken before KFC gets nuked...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2012, 01:34:27 AM »
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2012, 01:55:28 AM »
I was at home when Mt. Pinatubo erupted in 1991. We had ashfalls for many weeks.
May not be directly related to Global Warming but an experience on how it's like when disaster comes
and how it can drastically change the world we live in....

This used to be a big river, now its a rocky trekker site.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:01 AM »
there have been more and more volcanic eruptions around the world aswell as earthquakes and general fu*ked up weather. somthing is happening to the earth but i think it may be a natural cycle and not supposed global warming. somthing is happening in and around the earth and we are seeing and feeling it up on the surface. we dont know how many of the past civilisations were lost, how did they meet there fate? all we know is that 1000's and 1000's of people from around the world got wiped out.
who knows about atlantis? the city in the middle of the ocean that got swallowed by the sea. there are many things around us that are not OF us...what im saying is there were people probably more advanced and due to a global cataclism were wiped off the face of the earth.
i personally wouldnt want the world to go pysco and start a mass genocide but if it happens then we need to be somwhat prepared for what might come..you only have to look to the past to get an insight into the future.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
I got some groceries, some peanut butter
To last a couple of days
But I ain't got no headphones, ain't got no speakers
Ain't got no records to play

Why go to college? Why stay in night school?
Gonna be different this time
This ain't no party
This ain't no Disco
This ain't no foolin' around
This ain't no Mudd Club, or CBGB's
I ain't got time for that now
Albuquerque, New Mexico

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2012, 05:16:52 PM »
I love it when people mix weather with geology in what they think is a logical discussion!  Like one is connected to the other.  Geology can effect weather.  Weather is almost 100% disconnected with geology.
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Yeah, like your car emissions cause global warming, but Krakatoa, east of Java, had no effect.

Yeah, like that.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
"Weather is almost 100% disconnected with geology."

That must be why the deserts are dry, and the mountains are wet! Thanks for squaring that up!

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2012, 12:42:15 AM »
I got some groceries, some peanut butter
To last a couple of days
But I ain't got no headphones, ain't got no speakers
Ain't got no records to play

Why go to college? Why stay in night school?
Gonna be different this time
This ain't no party
This ain't no Disco
This ain't no foolin' around
This ain't no Mudd Club, or CBGB's
I ain't got time for that now

The heads are talking again, I like what their saying! Good music!
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2012, 02:56:28 AM »
I love it when people mix weather with geology in what they think is a logical discussion!  Like one is connected to the other.  Geology can effect weather.  Weather is almost 100% disconnected with geology.

"May not be directly related to Global Warming but an experience on how it's like when disaster comes and how it can drastically change the world we live in...."

This is what I said plain and simple. I was referring to the "experience" of DISASTER, weather or geology or even war.  Global warming will be a big "disaster" . People have experienced DISASTERS and these must give them a little hint that a bigger DISASTER is yet to come....

Weather affects Geology.....

If you want to know the chance of an earthquake in the Himalayas or a volcanic eruption in Iceland, it may help to check a calendar. Seasonal patterns of rainfall and snowfall can affect how often quakes and volcanoes go off.

In the Himalayas, the weight of water from monsoon rains helps dampen seismicity for a few months each year. Seismic records show that the number of quakes drops in the rainy summer months and rebounds when things dry out.

Water from monsoon storms runs off the mountains and into India, where its weight bends the Earth's crust slightly. From season to season, this bending causes the surface to move back and forth, as recorded by Global Positioning System stations, in time with the rise and fall in earthquake frequency.

Calculations suggest that the flexing eases the stress on the fault where two tectonic plates collide beneath the Himalayas. This change is small, less than a hundred-thousandth the stress caused by plate motions. But it lasts for months, perhaps giving the earthquakes time to slowly incubate.

In this case, though, what goes down must come up. When the drier months come, the land rebounds, freed of its watery burden. An uptick in the number of earthquakes ushers in the winter.

Logical discussion that !!!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:10:33 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2012, 03:21:19 AM »
That's what I'm talking about. Suck the core out of that...
Earth Explode - Natural Disaster

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2012, 03:26:29 AM »
You're Never gonna believe this...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()