Author Topic: Looking at Kymco Scooter  (Read 3817 times)

billn

• View Profile
Looking at Kymco Scooter
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:12:52 AM »
I am 6'2" 250lbs. Will the people 150 pull my weigh ok?

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Looking at Kymco Scooter
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 06:50:52 AM »
Yup. I have a 125cc and my wife and I rides daily. We both weigh more than 300.

If this guy can succeed, so can we...

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:53:25 AM by Vivo »

andrewmartinee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:29:02 PM »
I think it doesn't meter that how much your weight. Although you can drive any vehicle but one thing is remember that you vehicle must be with high power and high CC engine. In sort your bike must be capable. You should inspired with photo which is posted by Vivo.

MikeKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:04:53 AM »
I am 6'2" 250lbs. Will the people 150 pull my weigh ok?

I'm 175, and do a mix of neighborhood and 4-lane roads.  It's easy for me to pass cars even on the 45mph 4- lanes.  I can't ride it wide open all the time.  For you, it'll be a little slower but unless you ride on big busy roads with a lot of fast cars, you'll be fine.  Mine gets up to 45 very fast, and it's easy to get to 60, but takes a few extra seconds.  It will not do 70 without going downhill, even if I tuck.  You should test ride one.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 01:06:03 AM »
Keep in mind becauase of the weight you well have to do more repairs more then some.manly on the drive train.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:16 AM »
..the people 150 will haul your ass just fine, bro...

..you will, in fact, be impressed...

..welcome to th forum!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

billn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:44:30 AM »
How long roughly do you change the drivebelt and variators? I might need the next size up.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »
My S peoples 200 pulls me around very well and I'm about 170-175 I can imagine it with a second person on the back and still getting alonge just fine. My S 200 by the way is only 163 cc so not much if any bigger then yours.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »
..the people 150 will haul your ass just fine, bro...

..you will, in fact, be impressed...

..welcome to th forum!!

+1

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 01:02:11 AM »
You need to determine your bike's GVWR -- Gross Vehicle Weight Restriction to determine your CC -- Carrying Capacity -- the maximum amount your bike can hold. Your owner's manual may have it listed. One way to figure it out is to determine the bike's Gross Weight:

Total weight of bike, fuel, passengers, and gear. Let's say that figure is 'X'.

GVWR is determine by subtracting from the above figure (X) the bike's wet weight -- fuel, oil, battery and fluids (like coolant), but not passenger or baggage. Let's say that figure is 'W'

X - W = CC (Carrying Capacity)

The resulting figure is your bike's CC -- Carrying Capacity. More about this subject can be found in David Hough's book Proficient Motorcycling which is where I found this info.

-Wolf

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 01:43:36 AM »
You need to determine your bike's GVWR -- Gross Vehicle Weight Restriction to determine your CC -- Carrying Capacity -- the maximum amount your bike can hold. Your owner's manual may have it listed. One way to figure it out is to determine the bike's Gross Weight:

Total weight of bike, fuel, passengers, and gear. Let's say that figure is 'X'.

GVWR is determine by subtracting from the above figure (X) the bike's wet weight -- fuel, oil, battery and fluids (like coolant), but not passenger or baggage. Let's say that figure is 'W'

X - W = CC (Carrying Capacity)

The resulting figure is your bike's CC -- Carrying Capacity. More about this subject can be found in David Hough's book Proficient Motorcycling which is where I found this info.

..see?

???

billn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 02:08:55 AM »
Will a buddy 150 carry 150 acceptable?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 02:26:38 AM »
..definately, yes...

..like a lil rocket-scoot...

billn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 02:47:23 AM »
What about a 250lb person? thanks

MikeKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 02:48:33 AM »
I looked at the Buddy 150, and I like it a lot, but in my market it costs a bit more and I'm told it is slightly less robustly made than the People 150.  I assumed such talk was unreliable but I heard it pretty uniformly.  Most people do say it's quite zippy though, but part of the reason why is the smaller diameter wheels.  Especially with some weight on the bike, I like to have the big gyros.  I can go sub-3mph indefinitely in traffic, which is nice, 'cause Cagers don't know that riding slow is hard.  Cagers don't know a lot of things...  Now the motorcycle has 17" wheels and heavier tires, but weighs about 200lb more, so slow-and-go traffic is a real drag on it.  I say test ride them both.  Be sure to try riding both at very low speed, too though.  As slow as you can without falling, and see if there's a difference.  Those smaller wheels in the Buddy will spin up faster, but big wheels are better at low and high speed, in my opinion.  From 15-35 there's not much difference, but below 10 and above 40, 16" wheels are better for me.

Now tire selection is another story, and mostly a sad one for 16" tires, but I like my new Heidenau tires.  A lot.  I'm actually getting more excited about riding my scooter fast since putting them on than makes any sense.  My only complaint, and this is more about urban scootering in general than about these tires, or any tire or tire size, is that many of my trips in the scooter barely warm the tire up.  I usually give a super hard front brake stop and go by sound to determine if the tires are warm, and it seems to take about 2/3 of the trip to most of the places I go before they're hot.  I'm not gonna buy or use tire warmers for around town.

If you're gonna look at the Buddy 150,give the Super 9 (or Super 8 ) 150 a look to.  It's a similar platform, though styled differently.  I can't speak for styling much.  More into function than form.

I do really like the long mirror stalks on the Buddy.  Again, function.  It's a good lookin' scoot, though.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()