Author Topic: Main Jet  (Read 2979 times)

stevenk24

• View Profile
Main Jet
« on: June 04, 2012, 05:30:01 PM »
whats the best Main Jet size for standard air box but for more speed ??

woodcutter

• View Profile
Re: Main Jet
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:33:40 PM »
depends on altitude where you live or drive scoot most of the time.
82 is safe bet

stevenk24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:40:58 PM »
will 85 be okay im in the south west ??

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »
I'm in MI and upjetted to the 85 with stock setup and never noticed a difference. Maybe the different altitude will make a difference, but either way it would probably me marginal if any increase at all actually occurs.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:11:23 PM »
Your in S.W England right? If so the 82 jet is as high as you need, any bigger and you will just run rich and end up with less performance than you have now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »
Kenho hows the scoot start in this michigan weater when its below 30 does it start ok for ya.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 09:54:12 PM »
..increasing jets size, alone, will not increase performance...

..not in my experience anyway....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

woodcutter

• View Profile

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 04:31:08 AM »
VERY nice woodcutter
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
..very good post woodcutter!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
we're learning while we're alive  ;D
now I'm researching on how the bigger exhaust(I'm planning on installing leo vince) affects jetting and general performance

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »
we're learning while we're alive  ;D
now I'm researching on how the bigger exhaust(I'm planning on installing leo vince) affects jetting and general performance

Keep me posted on that Woodcutter, im getting a Leo Vince next week so was wondering if i needed to upjet again with that?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 11:32:13 PM »
@blue- I don't ride in the winter, but I did start it a few times this winter since I did the winterizing kinda late in the season. It started up just fine, probably a little tougher than normal, but that was expected with the cooler climate. Maybe 15-30 seconds at most of adjusting throttle while cranking it over. Although, this winter wasn't a very cold one as I'm sure you know, the brutal snowstorms and overbearing cold missed us somehow. If we had some of the -5 degree days like in previous winters I'm guessing cold starts would've been a different story. With all that said, I have been having a harder time starting it since the installation of my 72cc kit and several other mods, but I suspect that is just a carb tuning issue which I hope to have resolved shortly.

How were the cold starts for you this winter, in GR correct?
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 04:08:33 AM »
Any exhaust that breaths better than OEM will need bigger jets. Depending on the degree of improvement you may not need to increase the pilot jet. Some pipes work better than others. To be on the safe side I would get a few up jets with the pipe.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 08:26:33 AM »
Any exhaust that breaths better than OEM will need bigger jets. Depending on the degree of improvement you may not need to increase the pilot jet. Some pipes work better than others. To be on the safe side I would get a few up jets with the pipe.

I got more jets than the Airforce in my garage. Checked on the LeoVince website for info and according to that they say i dont need to uojet ??? Says all LeoVince products are "plug and play" and will run on stock set-up and jets, no other mods are needed ???

I know on 2-strokes you need to upjet but is 4t the same? Why would LeoVince say you dont need to rejet?

May need to start a topic and ask what others did when they fitted a Leo to their A50.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()