Author Topic: video of S9 running badly  (Read 7387 times)

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
Re: video of S9 running badly
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 04:08:03 AM »
I know Keihin carbs aren't bad carbs. I'd just have trouble starting all the time and it was nearly impossible to find jets for it.

..cant adjust the needle without some redneck mods either...

:-\

Yep!

Don't get me started on that stupid auto choke  :D. I think if you can't operate a manual choke then you have no business on 2 wheels. Just sayin.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 07:24:51 PM »
Dude you gotta get ahold of me on tuesday, Ill help you get this together. Bobs a good guy but sounds like he did you wrong. That cylinder looks fine. Im out of here for the holiday but ill be back tuesday.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

stljimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 11:12:38 PM »
I agree Bobby is a good guy. I put the new carb on and it ran great til it got in the upper 90s. With the stock carb on there was nothing that I didnt try to get it to run right. They said it had good fuel flow, spark, but low on compression. I wish they would have swapped the carb with the other S9 that was in the shop. I really dont think they intentionally misjudged it to get me to drop $400 on a BBK, it was just a really tricky carb problem that was only solved by a different carb. I probably wont go back though unless I bubble wrap it, because when I brought it in it was mint and when it came out the paint on both sides was minorly scratched. I didnt notice til I got home and I didnt mention it when I had to go back to get missing parts because Im sure it was an honest mistake. I am not being sarcastic, I just think they are too busy to really take the time needed to solve a tricky problem like this scooter had. I appreciate the offer for help but the jet kit is on the way and it should be back to normal again. Its ran great for a couple of weeks now just on a really hot day it will bog pretty bad. 
Current toys include 08 Super 9, 78 Columbia Commuter, 99 Yamaha Blaster, 82 Yamaha YZ490, 04 SRT-4, 94 F150, and a quick John Deere 70

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 06:14:34 AM »
Hot humid days mean less O2 in the air. You are most likely running rich. ONE jet size down or a hotter plug should get it. Plugs are easier than jets, and do just as much.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()