Author Topic: Slippery Floorboard?  (Read 6467 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Slippery Floorboard?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 01:21:40 AM »
Anytime Dave, here's the one that really sticks.  Silicone mats! these are not rubber and really stick. They're easily washable too. Just buy a big one and cut to shape. No hassle in installing, just place it on top of your floor board (just make sure it's clean) and it will stay in place. I suggest not the whole floor board though, maybe just on certain areas.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 05:03:07 PM »
yea, i was thinking about that, only really needed in certain area's, I have a roll of skateboard tape, about a meter wide, so could try it, i was feeling that floorboard this morning, it is pure plastic, hard and slippery....i've seen others where they have an aluminum floorboard accessory you can add, but those would scratch up, but save from scratching up your plastic...but haven't seen any for the Yager

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »
I used the roll of skateboard tape i had, cut out some templates with paper, then cut out the skateboard tape.  Cleaned well with alcohol, here is the floor portion:

and the forward foot rest area:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 01:58:34 AM »
Sorry 'bout high siding your scoot... How about a non skid surface painted into the floor boards. Relatively cheap, and definitely effective.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 06:47:56 AM »

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »
good stuff, but I would rather not spray on a coating, not as easy to get off as the skateboard tape

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 06:01:02 AM »
Very nice job on the tape. It looks perfect.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 06:10:34 AM »
I just got a roll of plastic chrome diamond plate. Will use as floor covering on the scoot. I'll use velcro tapes to secure this.  This is not slippery and very light compared to the aluminum ones.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 06:02:50 PM »
Yea I have seen those before, cut to size and look pretty good.

I drove 144 miles the other day, that skateboard tape works great, easy to get my butt off the seat to reposition, stretch, etc.  That seat which grips your butt with the slippery floor before makes it hard to move around, but with sure footing on the floor it is perfect, will never go without it again.

Since I have a big roll of the skateboard tape and saved the template I made, I can put on new ones if the old ones get worn.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 08:10:56 PM »
Start an Ebay store... Custom floorboard kits for $99.99, 2 for $100.00 ;D

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 02:17:10 AM »
Start an Ebay store... Custom floorboard kits for $99.99, 2 for $100.00 ;D

Just about to say same thing... ;D ;D

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 04:20:24 AM »
ha, yea its amazing what sells

I have a Polaris 850 XP EPS ATV, before that I had an 800 and a 700 and some other machines in between, well Polaris used these two relays to control many things on the machine, if one of those relays failed it takes out your whole ignition, but you could swap with the other one to get you home, Polaris charged around $23 each for those relays, I bought the same exact ones, same manufacture, etc. for $1.80.  I put them on ebay 2 for $10 and sold the 100 I bought in no time....i didn't buy any more, but thats the way to make money, figure the relays cost me $3.60 for 2, shipping was $1, i made $5.40 for each sale, so thats 50 x $5.40, I made $270 total.  Figure if you have multiple things like this, good income.  I have a friend who's wife runs around to garage sales each weekend, sells the stuff she buys on ebay, she makes on average about $40,000 each year.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 04:25:52 AM »
My "boyfriend in law" (son in law) does the same with DJ equiptment. Buys it all on Ebay UK, and sells it here. The kid has skills.
I think that is what Vivo's company does as well. The main thing is someone has to monitor it ALL the time to keep the buyers happy.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 05:39:47 AM »
Yup, example, an antenna matching transformer costs 2 pesos factory direct from China, we sell them wholesale for 4 pesos (minimum of 10,000 pcs.) Our customers sell them for 25 pesos each to malls and big electronic shops. The retail price of these stores are 80 pesos. That's why I don't buy outside, I just get some from our warehouse... ;D ;D ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 05:42:00 AM »
You are more American than you think Vivo!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()