Author Topic: Legal Adult Age  (Read 5869 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Legal Adult Age
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 01:27:30 AM »
Yeah, in the U.S., a young student can't bring mouthwash to school because it contains alcohol!!! WTF!!

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 01:28:29 AM »
The culture is different here. As much as we'd like it to be that way when we're young, it just wouldn't work over here. Great timeline baddi  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Enough? One more  ;D

I would just wish that i could get a motorcycle now :p
I'm 17 and i think there should be a possibility to get to take the license after some time of driving a scooter, as i cant wait untill i wont have to be afraid of the police anymore. ;D;D;D;D;D

Driving illegally sucks. But driving 30 km/h sucks even more! ;D;D;D;D;D
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2012, 01:31:03 AM »
Yeah, in the U.S., a young student can't bring mouthwash to school because it contains alcohol!!! WTF!!

I can't believe that the americans are so scared of alcohol. Yeah, its a bad idea, but when the law say that you can take responsability for your actions as 14-15 years old, you should be clever enough not to get drunk at school. ;D
The playground is a much better location for that kind of activity! ;D;D;D;D

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2012, 01:36:54 AM »
The playground is a much better location for that kind of activity! Grin;D;D;D

In Japan, land is very scarce and playgrounds are likewise scarce. This is the reason why a lot of well to do Japanese go to our country just to play golf. They don't also have race tracks, thus, the drifting on mountains. Lack of playgrounds is also the reason why they developed video games. To make children busy at home.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2012, 01:44:38 AM »
Scared?  :D

Who's scuurd?  ;)

Kids here are f'in wild. I know I was one of them not too long ago  ;D

Believe me, Americans are not scared of alcohol. Completely opposite. The young way of thinking is drugs are bad and illegal but alcohol is legal and mom and dad drink so it must be ok. Marijuana is a narcotic but the parents liquor cabinet is so easy to access. The laws here are stupid. We also have the mentality that bigger and more is better. It is dangerous. I love to drink but damn, I had to learn to drink responsibly. I've had plenty of troubles with alcohol and authority. Maybe younger exposure is better, but I'm tellin you at this point for us there's no going back.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:54 AM »

Who's scuurd?  ;)

Believe me, Americans are not scared of alcohol. Completely opposite. The young way of thinking is drugs are bad and illegal but alcohol is legal and mom and dad drink so it must be ok. Marijuana is a narcotic but the parents liquor cabinet is so easy to access. The laws here are stupid. We also have the mentality that bigger and more is better. It is dangerous. I love to drink but damn, I had to learn to drink responsibly. I've had plenty of troubles with alcohol and authority. Maybe younger exposure is better, but I'm tellin you at this point for us there's no going back.

I'm not thinking that the young americans are scared, but the majority of the legal adults must be, as it is these people who vote. ;)
Or perhaps they just don't trust young people?  ???

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 01:50:26 AM »

Who's scuurd?  ;)

I think baddi was not referring to the American kids as "scared" but those law makers who are very stiff on making laws on alcohol.  It's even illegal to drink while driving in the U.S., it's not illegal here and there are very few cases of alcohol related accidents.  Even cops are check points are sometimes intoxicated.  

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 01:51:03 AM »
Way back when I was in school we could carry up to a 3 inch pocket knife to school . Now if a student has a plastic knife its jail time. and for scoots we could drive one at 14 then when ya became 16 with a drivers license you are all good.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2012, 01:53:46 AM »
I beleave that if you can be old enough to fight for are country you are old enough for a things......thats all things........

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 01:59:46 AM »
I started driving at 11....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 02:04:23 AM »
I beleave that if you can be old enough to fight for are country you are old enough for a things......thats all things........

You are absolutely right blue

The way our democracy is set up citizens have no control over things like that. There was never a vote to make the legal drinking age 21.

As far as drunk driving. If it's not illegal there are likely no statistics. You don't know how many deaths are caused by it. In the US it is a problem. I always thought I was a good drunk driver. And I probably still am  ;D. But I don't f'in do it anymore. When I was 18 and 19 I drove drunk every night. Not buzzed but DRUNK. I never hit anybody, I never killed anybody. But I did drive way too fast. The fact is drunk driving does kill people, whether you want to believe it or not. The sad thing is a lot of the time it's good kids with bright futures that just decided to ride with some dumb ass who thought his/her car could round a corner at 95 mph.

When I was younger I was following two friends of friends down a road near Southport NC. I was drunk they were more drunk. Fortunately my close friend was with me and told me about the corner coming up. I watch both, not one but both cars, drive right of the road into the woods. The spot they both went in just happened to be saplings. Had it been an oak tree somebody would have likely been seriously injured or killed. After we realized they were ok we laughed, but damn kids are idiots.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:13:15 AM by Peters »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 02:19:32 AM »
P.S.

I'm 24 and in no way am I scared of alcohol. I certainly respect it a lot more now. I am scared of dumb kids that drink and drive cars.

I can think of one time I was trashed with 4 people in my car not including me. I raced down a twisty road I knew very well and definitely hit speeds of 110 mph+ in my little SE-R Nissan(a pretty quick little 4cyl). When I think about it now it makes me sick. I couldn't live with myself if I killed somebody.
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 02:24:04 AM »
SE-R Nissan ....  you're damn right about that one!!  ;D ;D ;D

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 02:29:03 AM »
Oh I loved that little car. Had to get rid of it though  :'(
*2001 ZX-50 beater

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 02:44:00 AM »
I started driving at 11....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
you started late I was 9.5 driveing the farm tracktor.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()