Author Topic: Help! was trying cdi mod and wire came loose from harness. Now it wont start  (Read 2260 times)

jaciche

• View Profile
Hey any help would be appreciated but im kind of in a hurry to get this fixed. I was trying to get rid of the rev limiter by splicing the green wires. While i was trying to do that, one of the wires came loose from one of the harnesses right above it. Its a black wire with a yellow line going down it. ANybody know what this wire is? My mopeds ignition works and turns of just fine but wont fire. Im trying to jam the wire end back into the harness but its not working very well. Any thoughts? thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
The easiest fix is to "jump" it to the other side. You will need about 6" of wire, and two "butt" connectors. Just bypass the plug.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
Off the top of my head I believe that wire goes to the ignition coil.  It probably pulled out of the spade connector on the back of the coil.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Welcome home Shaka!!!!!!!!  You can see in the Pict it is right out of the 4 pin connector. It just has to be mated with the other side.
It is the coil trigger wire. Just the cdi side.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
Welcome home Shaka!!!!!!!!  You can see in the Pict it is right out of the 4 pin connector. It just has to be mated with the other side.
It is the coil trigger wire. Just the cdi side.

Thanks!  ;D

Can't really tell from the pic whether it came from the coil or the cdi plug...I think both are a black/yellow wire.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Hows the west coast Bro? (Just jacking a little bit) Shaka can't make out the Pict from all the way over there.

Shaka

• View Profile
It's all good...just a bit colder than I'm used too, and rainy. My lemon tree isn't very happy about it.  :-\

If that wire pulled out of the cdi plug, you can pop out the metal part, pry it back open with a small pick and re-crimp that wire back in.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
If you make lemonade... Is that murder, or a Mercy killing?    That's the problem with divorce... No one really thinks about the kids.
Wishing you ALL the BEST BRO!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()