Author Topic: UK version of kelly blue book  (Read 19401 times)

gazza1989

• View Profile
UK version of kelly blue book
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:23:30 AM »
Does anyone who what the UK version of americas kelly blue book? trying to get a valuation on my kymco super 8 125 and i found a site last month which told me current retail price, trade in price and private selling price but i can no longer find the site anyone any ideas or know any sites?

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
Re: UK version of kelly blue book
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »
An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, if you are thinking of selling I always start at the most I think it's worth then knock a little bit of money of every week till someone bites....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 02:01:11 PM »
no what i mean is there must be an book or site to give an idea of what price! as when i went into ride on they had a wee book n looked up make n model and year n it told the various prices for the bike depending on condition

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 02:56:43 PM »
no what i mean is there must be an book or site to give an idea of what price! as when i went into ride on they had a wee book n looked up make n model and year n it told the various prices for the bike depending on condition

I normally just look in the classified ads, Gumtree or even ebay and see what the average price is then base my own price on how mine compares to those in the ads.

RideOn Glasgow sometimes live on a different planet with their prices i found. £45 for an Agility belt for example when i got the same belt from Germany for £12. A few folk on here got decent trade-in prices tho in the past from them.

Theres loads of free bike valuation guides online, just search google, do a few and you will get an average value.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »
ye its the free valuation guides im looking for but cant find any on google

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »
...closest thing i could find...hmmm...

http://www.parkers.co.uk/

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:52:24 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 07:20:02 PM »
parkers is just cars and vans and company cars.

motorcyclenews i cant find anything on there

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 07:25:49 PM »
...ha ha..me neither..

..every opinion i read from across the pond said look at listings, and base yours on what you find...

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 07:40:48 PM »
ye ano but tbh im more looking for the trade in price! as it save the hassle of trying to sell it! and i can drive in 1 day and drive out with a new bike! but before i walk insomewhere i want a few different prices so if they try and low ball me i can say naw these places are offering me this and if you cant beat it then al go to them as the origonally offered me the best prices instead of trying to get it on the cheap ect

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
didt you just trade in your a50 for the super 8 not that long ago? Getting rid of it already?

Or maybe im thinking of someone else :-\
Chaos is my co-pilot.

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
yep it was me  ;D the day i got the super 8 my parents asked y didnt i just get a motorbike instread of a scooter and my reply was that bikes cost more! y spend like £500 extra for something which goes around the same speed n they told me well when the insurance is up which is around 3 months time that they would pay the difference so i could get a motorbike! which i was happy with as id like to get back to riding a manual bike.

been looking as normal motorbike but also been looking at 125 learner legal superbikes which r really catching my eye for between £1600 n £1900 just need to wait n see how much they r going to put onto of the part exchange price! in if its not enough to get me something that im gonna be happy keeping for a few years then al just keep my super 8 n buy a top box as cant fit helmet in super 8

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 10:45:13 PM »
..oh, well..good luck on your venture, bro!!

8)

peace

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Must be costing a small fortune in lost money at trade in time?

Why didnt my parents ever buy me sh!t like scooters, bikes or cars? Everyone these days seems to get everything bought for them  :-\
Chaos is my co-pilot.

gazza1989

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »
well im hoping to loss no more that 100 - 200! iv already been given an estimate of £800 which is a loss off £300 tho if i go to ride on with that figure if they cant beat it to start with im hoping can get them up to £900 for me to think about n tell them if the offer 950 the will have a sale that day as i will trade bike n buy a new 1

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()