Author Topic: Uh-oh: BIG oil leak on my P250  (Read 6598 times)

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: Uh-oh: BIG oil leak on my P250
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »
As far as I know, the dealer has yet to tally and process the claim.

That's not where mine was leaking, no. Mine was leaking from the lower cylinder seal, where the "jug" meets the crankcase. But that seal appears to be above the places you circled on the photo, so it's possible to have a leak there and have the oil pool in the areas you point out.

Mine mainly ended up on the ground, after hitting the centerstand. It was a disturbing amount of oil that was leaking, not just a drop or two.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 10:02:06 PM »
As far as I know, the dealer has yet to tally and process the claim.

That's not where mine was leaking, no. Mine was leaking from the lower cylinder seal, where the "jug" meets the crankcase. But that seal appears to be above the places you circled on the photo, so it's possible to have a leak there and have the oil pool in the areas you point out.

Mine mainly ended up on the ground, after hitting the centerstand. It was a disturbing amount of oil that was leaking, not just a drop or two.

Thanks for the reply.
I do not care much about your dealer, I wanted to ask if you had to pay for the repair.
:)

I will keep you informed about development of my "drop-or-two-leak". :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 02:23:44 AM »
Well, "pay" is an esoteric concept, in this case. No -- I've paid nothing. However, I agreed to re-do the dealer's website this spring with the understanding that I would only get paid the last 2/3rds depending on whether or not he would be able to stay in business. So, on the side of what I'm owed, there's $600; on the side of what *I* might owe... I don't yet know!

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 02:31:57 AM »
I should also mention that I'm okay with the situation, as it stands. My dealer rocks. He and his wife are awesome, and the best supporters of the local scooter community possible. I have every expectation that we'll settle up without any hard feelings, no matter how long it takes.

I mean, geez... they loaned me a scooter while mine was in for repairs for 43 days (my only transportation). I couldn't have gotten that anywhere else, locally.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()